Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Another Funny Addition to the Series

"There was an old pirate who swallowed a map. I don't know why she swallowed that map but it wasn't a trap."

THERE WAS AN OLD PIRATE WHO SWALLOWED A MAP is written the same way as the previous books. It features an old lady who swallows all kinds of things. In this one, she swallows things related to a pirate like an anchor and a line.

I feel like this one didn't read a smoothly as the previous ones, but it is still a very entertaining read. It is full of silliness and piracy. In the back of the book, there are facts about pirates and even a search and find activity. I love the concept of this series and it's so much fun to read with my little girl.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to children who like pirates, rhyming, and fun stories full of humor. The facts also give it some learning value.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Werewolf Queen
I always wished I had supernatural powers. Now I wish...

0.0 (0)
Unicorns Are Real! (Mythical Creatures Are Real!)
Stardust and glitter and rainbows, oh my! Did you know...

0.0 (0)
This Is Not a Love Scene
Lights, camera―all Maeve needs is action. But at eighteen, a...

0.0 (0)
Voices: The Final Hours of Joan of Arc
Bestselling author David Elliott explores how Joan of Arc...

0.0 (0)
Dragons Are Real! (Mythical Creatures Are Real!)
Moonlight and courage and sparks, oh my! That's what dragons...

0.0 (0)
The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe
Who do you become when you have nothing left...

0.0 (0)
Leaving Jackson Wolf
Passing through the transition hallway at South Park High...

0.0 (0)
Once & Future (Once & Future, #1)
King Arthur as you've never imagined! This bold, sizzling...

0.0 (0)
Tuned Into You
A summer party is the last place Lydia Flowers...

0.0 (0)
Beware the Night (Beware the Night, #1)
When her world divides, pitting light against dark, Veda...

0.0 (0)
controlfreak_wordart (wecompress.com).png
He actually gets the girl in this story. His perfect...

0.0 (0)
The Soul of Power (The Waking Land, #3)
One young woman learns the true nature of power—both her...

0.0 (0)
Oath Taker
Light magic is forbidden. Dark magic spells death....

0.0 (0)
Twisted Saga Collection 1
Save almost 40% off the price of the single books...

0.0 (0)
The Sin Soldiers Cover
Red compound makes them angry. Yellow exhausts them. Blue drives...

0.0 (0)
Hunter's Truce
The Big Bad Wolf never killed for fun—he was on...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Internment

"Seventeen-year-old Layla Amin and her family live in fear after reporting that they were Muslim on a Census record. Because..."
This Is Not a Love Scene

"THIS IS NOT A LOVE SCENE follows Maeve, who lives her life in a wheelchair due to a form of..."
The Soul of Power (The Waking Land, #3)

"THE SOUL OF POWER is a strong conclusion in The Waking Land trilogy. While the first book focused on Elanna..."
Skyward

"Sanderson raises the YA sci-fi quality bar in this high-flying story of human survival, friendship, legacy, loss, and confronting enormous..."
The Afterward

"It's been a year since a team of knights, a mage, and a thief defeated a great evil. Hope sprung..."
The Lost Coast

"THE LOST COAST is lyrical, ethereal, and deliciously haunting. Danny has moved to Northern California with her mother, to a..."
We Rule the Night

"WE RULE THE NIGHT is an engaging YA fantasy that takes place in a world at war. Revna works in..."
Internment

"This book absolutely wrecked me. INTERNMENT is a YA contextual dystopian that takes place in the near future. Extrapolating from..."
The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe

"THE LAST VOYAGE OF POE BLYTHE is a fascinating YA fantasy/dystopian that is even better than Condie's Matched series. The..."
Night Music

"NIGHT MUSIC is a beautiful YA coming-of-age/romance that brings classical music front and center. Ruby Chertok is the youngest of..."
Cogheart

"COGHEART by Peter Bunzl is a thrilling adventure that blends a historical setting with futuristic elements. The author hints his..."
The Cruel Prince

"Having only read one book of Holly's I wasn't caught up in the hype of her writing a new YA..."
Through the White Wood

"THROUGH THE WHITE WOOD follows Katya, a young woman who has a power of ice and is feared by many...."
Bloodleaf (The Bloodleaf Trilogy, #1)

"BLOODLEAF is a new favorite. This YA fantasy is completely engrossing, thrilling, and absolutely amazing. Aurelia is princess of Renalt..."
Beware the Night (Beware the Night, #1)

"BEWARE THE NIGHT was an intriguing YA fantasy that follows Veda, a seventeen-year-old Basso who lives on the island of..."
Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution

"Angie is about to start sophomore year, and she's miserable. She made it through 9th grade on her second go,..."
The Girl with the Broken Heart

"THE GIRL WITH THE BROKEN HEART is Lurlene McDaniel’s latest YA contemporary novel. The story follows Kenzie as she throws..."
Three Dark Crowns

" The dark YA fantasy tale of a brutal matriarchy, and its vicious method of choosing its rulers. ..."
Where She Fell

"Eliza is an aspiring geologist and self-professed 'nerd'. Even though she feels like the odd one out, Eliza tries hard..."
Once & Future (Once & Future, #1)

"Capetta and McCarthy have crafted a fantastic novel weaving the legend of King Arthur with the majesty of space in..."