Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

N/A

Enter the World of Aladdin

In the WHATEVER AFTER SERIES, brother and sister Abby and Jonah have a magical mirror in their basement. The fairy Maryrose was cursed and forced to live within it. With Maryrose's power, Abby and Jonah enter the fairytales we've all come to love to see if they can break Maryrose's curse.

In GENIE IN A BOTTLE, Jonah and Abby enter the world of Agrabah and into the story of Aladdin and Jasmine. What better place to try and free Maryrose than somewhere with genies? Except as usual, everything goes wrong and they wind up stuck with a rookie genie. Jonah and Abby need to fix the story or else Jasmine and Aladdin won't even meet.

I really liked that the author stays true to the original story of Aladdin instead of the Disney movie version. I also really love how it ended and it makes me want to read more from this author. This is perfect for young fans of fairytales.

Final Verdict: This was a very fun and entertaining read that puts a new twist on the fairytales we all know. I recommend this to fans of fairytales and fantasy.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Twice Dead
Naya, the daughter of a sea merchant captain, nervously undertakes...

0.0 (0)
I, Sofia-Elisabete, Love Child of Colonel Fitzwilliam: A Perfect World in the Moon
In 1815, a 5-year-old girl searches for Utopia in a...

0.0 (0)
The Agony House
Denise Farber has just moved back to New Orleans with...

0.0 (0)
The Island of Monsters (Spirit Hunters #2)
The perfect spooky read for Halloween, this pulse-pounding adventure will...

0.0 (0)
Four Three Two One
Golden “Go” Jennings wasn’t supposed to be on Bus 21...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and play...

0.0 (0)
Max Tilt: 80 Days or Die
When thirteen-year-old Max Tilt stumbled across his great-great-great-grandfather Jules Verne’s...

0.0 (0)
The Grand Escape: The Greatest Prison Breakout of the 20th Century
At the height of World War I, as battles raged...

0.0 (0)
Missing Pieces (Hello Neighbor #1)
Nicky Roth has always been a lonely kid. But that...

0.0 (0)
The Collectors
The Collectors sweeps readers into a hidden world where wishes...

0.0 (0)
My Father's Words
Declan O’Brien always had a gentle word to share, odd...

0.0 (0)
Sea Prayer
A short, powerful, illustrated book written by beloved novelist Khaled...

0.0 (0)
The Deepest Roots
Contemporary with the slightest twist of magic, this stunning...

0.0 (0)
Faded
Biz didn’t think life could get worse after the...

0.0 (0)
Here to Stay
For most of high school, Bijan Majidi has flown...

0.0 (0)
Emerge: The Heir (Immortals of Indriell Book 4)
The last Immortal Queen of Indriell has named her...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Muddy Little Piggy's

"All together this was written for children and it definitely shows I think any child that loves farm animals will..."

"Reader reviewed by #1 Supporter Though this book may be abit harsh to the untrained eye, it clearly possesses a..."
The Puppy Who Found A Boy

"Reader reviewed by Brittany Written from the puppy's point of view, it shows how special the bond between a..."
101 Borden Street

"Reader reviewed by mike shelly123 I just received the item I ordered, and was very pleased I got a truly..."
Tara's Adventures in Life: First Love

"Reader reviewed by Samantha I loved this book.  Tara and her friends get into some situations that every girl should..."

"Reader reviewed by Laura A great book and a must read for anyone starting to date.  For me, this book..."

"Reader reviewed by Lindsey S. Tara is someone that I could like, if she went to my school.  She has..."

"Reader reviewed by Alicia When your new to dating, everything seems exciting, but it can also be scary.  Tara experiences..."

"Reader reviewed by Joelle M. Great Book, all the romance and drama, and no vampires....I loved it. Tara and her..."

"Reader reviewed by Kayla Roberts I loved the characters. They remind me of my friends. Lots of romance and drama...."

"Reader reviewed by Ella--EB Great Book.  Its a must read for anyone that likes romance novels or series books.  I..."

"Reader reviewed by Alex This book is one of the best books that I have read in a long time...."

"Reader reviewed by GABRIELLA OMG! THIS BOOK IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. WHEN I GO INTO THE 7TH GRADE THIS YEAR I..."

"Reader reviewed by Raghavan Jayaprakash, Author of " Life Blossoms Like a Rose in Thorns" Review by B.K.Walker sent to..."

"Reader reviewed by Raghavan Jayaprakash, Author of " Poems That Thrill" Poems Reviewed by Joanie Faulton and sent to the..."

"Reader reviewed by Raghavan Jayaprakash, Author of " Poems That Thrill" Poems Reviewed by Joanie Faulton and sent to the..."

"Reader reviewed by Jayan "Life Blossoms Like a Rose in Thorns" is a work of fiction about Smitha, who..."

"Reader reviewed by Douglas R. Cobb Fourteen-year-old Krista McKinley finds herself a stranger in a strange land when she, her..."

"Reader reviewed by Lizzy Before I started it, the only knowledge I had about this book was from a few..."

"Reader reviewed by Gwyn Lee   In the Young Adult novel LOOKING..."