Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Judy Moody is Back!

There’s a reason most people can say that they’ve read and loved Judy Moody’s books. She takes you on her adventures and makes you laugh while you're on them. Her character stands apart from others because she is not perfect and makes no attempts to seem that way, she is just Judy- funny, moody at times, and very charming!

In this particular book, we follow Judy through her newest adventure, this time with her grandmother. In the beginning, she decides to make a bucket list that she must finish before she starts a new year in school. It’s everything from facing a fear to taking a trip to Antartica (!), and she is determined to do it all.

One thing I really enjoyed about this book was seeing all the old characters from past books, as well as getting to know some better! We, of course, see Judy’s parents again and her brother, Stink, and how their relationships are going! It’s safe to say that Stink and Judy are not at their best, but they are definitely the perfect example of typical siblings- fighting at one moment and then back to normal the next. We also got to get to know Judy’s grandmother a lot better in this book, and it is clear that her influence on Judy is enormous.

Judy really cares for her grandmother, which becomes more and more evident as the story moves along. Their relationship was wonderful, and her grandmother is able to teach her about the things that truly matter in life. I love that she learned to enjoy the moment in this book, rather than just trying to complete everything from her list.

Final thoughts?

Judy Moody is a very realistic kid, she is curious, moody at times, and makes mistakes, which is something most kids can relate to. I think that is why the series has been so popular, and will probably continue to be. Because kids can see themselves in her, the lessons she learns feel more real and can really be taken to heart. Moody is character that everyone could enjoy, so I highly recommend her books!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Refugee.jpg
JOSEF is a Jewish boy living in 1930s Nazi Germany....

0.0 (0)
SwingitSunnyjpg
Summer's over and it's time for Sunny Lewin to enter...

0.0 (0)
TheWitchBoy.jpg
In thirteen-year-old Aster's family, all the girls are raised to...

0.0 (0)
Let's Investigate with Nate #1: The Water Cycle
Bill Nye the Science Guy meets The Magic School Bus!...

0.0 (0)
The 12 Dares of Christa
Christa is a holiday junkie. What’s not to love? There’s...

0.0 (0)
Frazzled: Ordinary Mishaps and Inevitable Catastrophes
Things are looking up for Abbie Wu: this year she’ll...

0.0 (0)
The Tiger's Watch (Ashes of Gold #1)
Sixteen-year-old Tashi has spent their life training as a...

0.0 (0)
Blight
Seventeen-year-old Tempest Torres has lived on the AgraStar farm...

0.0 (0)
See Fred Run
Learning to read has never been more fun than it...

0.0 (0)
Solo
From award-winning and New York Times bestselling author Kwame...

0.0 (0)
Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #1)
"Most superhero stories start with a meteor shower or...

0.0 (0)
How to Disappear
Vicky Decker has perfected the art of hiding in...

0.0 (0)
Ferocious (Vicarious #2)
Paula Stokes returns to the world of Vicarious in...

0.0 (0)
The Monster of Selkirk Book I: The Duality of Nature
Monsters come in many forms, and not everyone knows a...

0.0 (0)
Where's Waldo? 30th Anniversary Edition
The amazing original that set off the worldwide search for...

0.0 (0)
The Little Girl Who Didn't Want to Go to Bed
The internet’s “World’s Best Father," award-winning photographer Dave Engledow, makes...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Witch Boy

"Many of the stories out there deal with girls who go against the grain and want to do what society..."
Swing It, Sunny

"Again Jennifer and Matt Holm prove they are the dynamic duo when it comes to graphic novels and story telling...."
Solo

"Told entirely in verse, Solo is a story full of love, loss, addiction and music. Like Kwame Alexander's previous books,..."
Refugee

"Alan Gratz does it again with Refugee. Gratz knows how to weave historical facts and great story telling flawlessly. Refugee..."
This Savage Song

"This Savage Song is a uniquely peculiar novel that cleverly combines magic, monsters and music. Dark, violent and monstrous, the..."
The 12 Dares of Christa

"'The 12 Dares of Christa' by Marissa Burt is a sweet story of friendship, determination, strength, and forgiveness. Main character..."
Frazzled: Ordinary Mishaps and Inevitable Catastrophes

"'Frazzled: Ordinary Mishaps and Inevitable Catastrophes' by Booki Vivat is an adorable, illustrated story that not only proves a fast..."
How to Disappear

"I am so absolutely in love with Sharon Huss Roat. Her books are funny, relatable, and so easily devoured. I..."
David Inside Out

"David Inside Out is a novel about a teenager (David) who is discovering he is gay. In David's high school,..."
The Rest of Us Just Live Here

"I have to admit, it took me a while to get into this one. The characters seemed to me to..."
The Book Thief

"Death as a narrator? What an idea! It was so interesting to see the Second World War from a German..."
Ferocious (Vicarious #2)

"*WARNING: There are no spoilers for FEROCIOUS, but there are spoilers for book 1, VICARIOUS* As a reader, sequels always..."
Blight

"BLIGHT by Alexandra Duncan is the next young adult dystopian novel that will set your world on fire. Torrest Tempest..."
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1)

"This book was so unusual and satisfying in so many ways. Then there was the one bit - if you've..."
Mask of Shadows

"MASK OF SHADOWS by Linsey Miller features Sal Leon, a genderfluid thief who wants nothing more than to exact revenge..."
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)

"This one took a while to get into. I didn't warm much to Grace. She didn't seem to have much..."
Everything, Everything

"This story is told in first-person present-tense entirely from the POV of Madeline, who is turning eighteen in the first..."
The Museum of Heartbreak

"I really relate to this book very much. Most especially with Pen. This book was so honest. Many symbolisms but..."
Loved (House of Night Other World series, Book 1)

"Zoe and the Nerd Herd from the House of Night Series have returned for another adventure in LOVED. All of..."

"4.5 Stars! Someone Else's Summer was an amazing and emotional novel. It had a well written plot and captivating..."