Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Unique and Fun!

Like any other National Geographic Kids Book, this one is filled to the brim with exciting, bizarre, and interesting things, and this time it was specifically attractions from across the globe. From a town completely populated by mermaids, to a Stonehenge made from cars (nothing more American, am I right?) this book takes you on a journey to some very unexpected places.

Each page gives you a brief little introduction to one or two of the wacky roadside attractions- alongside a photo that will probably surprise you. It is clear that they did some heavy research on these places because the world is filled with wacky places, and this book just happens to showcase the wackiest ones!

A quick flip through the glossy pages of this book will probably leave you with more questions than answers. Some like: why are there pigs on a beach? How did they make Darth Vader into a hot air balloon? How is an entire town LITERALLY living under a rock in Spain?

Although most of the questions you may have on these places won’t be answered, you will get lots of new information on places you’ve never even heard of. There were so many little facts and things I learned about the different cultures across the globe. It wouldn’t be a National Geographic book if I didn’t learn something new and interesting, so no surprises with that!

Final thoughts?

This book is filled with many surprises and wacky places with some great stories involving their creation. It is definitely a book everyone will love, here in the U.S and across the globe. It is fun, wacky (of course), and a reminder that things shouldn’t always be so serious. I loved learning about all these different places and how it celebrates the wackiness in the world!

Good Points
creative and different!
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
Dorothy Vaughan, Mary Jackson, Katherine Johnson, and Christine Darden were...

0.0 (0)
Shaking Things Up: 14 Young Women Who Changed the World
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Pulitzer Prize-winning...

0.0 (0)
Fairy Mom and Me
From the bestselling author of the Shopaholic series and the...

0.0 (0)
Picture Us in the Light
Danny Cheng has always known his parents have secrets. But...

0.0 (0)
Time Tracers
Twelve-year-old Taj Carter is on a high-stakes mission to track...

0.0 (0)
Screenshot
Skye's social media game is always on point. Until her...

0.0 (0)
Better Together (Heartwood Hotel, #3)
Spring has come to Fernwood Forest, and the Heartwood Hotel...

0.0 (0)
Sky in the Deep
A 2018 Most Anticipated Young Adult book that is...

5.0 (1)
Devils Unto Dust
Keep together. Keep your eyes open. Keep your wits...

0.0 (0)
All The Things We Lost
After her mother’s death, eighteen-year-old Katie finds herself in...

0.0 (0)
White Rabbit
Caleb Roehrig, author of Last Seen Leaving, delivers another...

0.0 (0)
The Worst Fairy Godmother Ever!
Q: What do you need to become a great fairy...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Aegis Default
Newly famous and burdened with responsibility, Ada Anand has to...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Solstice Volition
When Ada Anand is given a very special gift for...

0.0 (0)
Drum Roll, Please
Find the confidence to rock out to your own beat...

0.0 (0)
Ignite
Four strangers. Four powerful elements. To survive a ruthless...

5.0 (1)

Latest Member Reviews

It's Kind of a Funny Story

"A mature contemporary YA, set in New York City. The story is told in first-person present-tense, exclusively from the perspective..."
The Sleeper and the Spindle

"The Sleeper and the Spindle is a short illustrated novel by renowned genius Neil Gaiman that spins a clever twist..."

"Johnny loves his job as a teen stuntman, even if it means filling in for Ricky Corvette and not being..."
The Clique (The Clique #1)

"This is the most realistic book about girls in middle school I have ever read. it gets how girls..."
Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

"Confessions of an Imaginary Friend is humorous and delightful. I laughed my way through this book, and it’s no surprise..."
The Sleeper and the Spindle

"The Sleeper and the Spindle is a picture book that is as illuminating as it is dark. Spinning the fairytales..."
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1)

"After a long day I wanted to read but I wanted something light, and entertaining. I opted for a kid’s..."
The Graveyard Book

"One can't possibly claim the title of this book isn't fitting...or exceedingly literal. >.> The story does indeed revolve around..."
Because of Winn-Dixie

" “Because of Winn Dixie” is written by Kate DiCamillo..."
Bliss

" This book is recommended to 12+ and in my opinion you will enjoy it for all the readers out..."

N/A
"This book is about a boy named Widge, and he is an orphan, and he has a good personally. I..."

"I found it vaguely reminiscent of 'My Side of the Mountain', from a distinctly female perspective, and facing a harsher..."

" I have to credit my early love of this book for a phase of reclusive nature-loving, and much..."
The Forbidden Library

"My heart has always held a special place for book. They take you to far off places away from every..."

"I really enjoyed this book for what it was. It kept me up till late, I finished it in one..."

"I really enjoyed the book No Talking by Andrew Clements. I think we all could learn an important lesson from..."
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

"I read this book when I was in high school (who didn't right??) It's still a classic and probably one..."

"This was an okay. I thought it was going to be more to it. I didn't think it was that..."
Bliss

"What I Liked: The bakery setting is a lot of fun. Who isn’t happy picturing a whole bunch of delicious..."
When You Reach Me

"In New York City in the late 1970s, twelve-year-old Miranda lives with her vibrant but sometimes childish and frustrated mother..."