Review Detail

Kids Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Fifth Grade Again

I really enjoyed the book No Talking by Andrew Clements. I think we all could learn an important lesson from this book, like sometimes there is no point in making silly bets. Sometimes that can be somewhat helpful, like the teacher of the fifth grade boys and girls took the no talking as an advantage and was able to get her work done. But other times this can get you into trouble, like the other fifth grade teachers did not like the quiet situation and neither did the principle. I think that this book is a really fun way to express what every fifth grader thinks. The author really made me feel like I was back in my fifth grade classroom because everyone would argue over similar silly things and we would make so much noise that the other classrooms would complain that we were so loud.

This book deserves a four star rating because it is a relatable book to me. But the bickering between Dave and Lynsey was a little too much drama for me. This book also deserved a five star rating on the illustrations because they are really good. I also liked how there wasn't too much detail in the drawings and that it was easy to tell what the pictures were.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Glow
When thrift-store aficionado Julie discovers a series of antique...

0.0 (0)
Stolen Secrets
After an abrupt move across the country to San...

0.0 (0)
Tracker's Canyon
Thanks to his dad’s coaching, sixteen-year-old Tristan is one...

0.0 (0)
Book of Fire
Life outside the domes is not possible. At least...

0.0 (0)
This Body Won't Break
The truth doesn’t always set you free. Orphaned as...

0.0 (0)
Gears of Fate
Centuries have passed since the Fey conquered Earth, forcing...

0.0 (0)
Mother Cary's Butter Knife (Shadows & Light)
The smallest of three brothers, Keenan Mowat had a priceless...

0.0 (0)
A Hundred Billion Trillion Stars
Did you know that the earth is covered in three...

0.0 (0)
Three Sides of A Heart: Stories About Love Triangles
You may think you know the love triangle, but...

0.0 (0)
The November Girl
I am Anda, and the lake is my mother....

0.0 (0)
Approximately Yours (North Pole, Minnesota)
Danny Garland is so out of Holly’s league. And...

0.0 (0)
A Penny Lost
Penelope Grace, usually forgotten under the shadow of her...

0.0 (0)
Chasing Eveline
Sixteen-year-old Ivy Higgins is the only student at Carmel...

5.0 (2)
Good and Gone
When Lexi Green’s older brother, Charlie, starts plotting a...

0.0 (0)
Alicia and the Light Bulb People in Star Factory 13
Where do light bulbs go when they burn out? ...

0.0 (0)
Somebody's Baby
Ever since Sloan won a reality singing competition, her music...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Karma Khullar's Mustache

"WHAT I LOVED: Karma and the rest of the cast are flawed, well-drawn characters all too much like the soulless..."
Right Where You Left Me

"Right Where You Left Me’ is the story of Charlotte. Her mother is a Russian immigrate who works in the..."
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)

"I love this book, I even think it’s my favorite Shadowhunter book of them all! (Which is really saying a..."
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2)

"This book was amazing! So amazing! And so heart-breaking. I’m a mess, I need the third book NOW! The..."
Autoboyography

"Do you have tissues? No? Then put this book down and get some, you are going to need them! This..."
Three Day Summer

"August 15-18 is the anniversary of Woodstock music festival! and i relived that time by reading this book! i make..."
First We Were IV

"Remind me again to never read YA Thrillers at night. First We Were IV is a book that has haunted..."
The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love

"IT'S CONVENTION SEASON!!!! i pretty much picked this book up because I just went to Anime Expo 2017 and I'm..."
Scythe

"When I first started this book, I wasn’t sure I would finish it. I did and I loved..."
P.S. I Still Love You

"all i can feel about this book is envy... this book is just written so well. it still has the..."
Scythe

""I am your completion! I am your deliverance! I am your portal to the mysteries beyond this life!" I..."
For This Life Only

"Happy Easter Sunday! well, it's Monday already, but oh well! I'm so happy about this book! let me dive..."
Scythe

"Neal Shusterman doesn't hold back any punches with his newest book. I am a fan of Unwind, Bruiser, Everlost, and..."
Amina's Voice

"Amina (AH min ah) lives near Milwaukee, and enjoys being with her friend Soojin. She loves to sing, but doesn't..."
Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy #2)

"4.4 stars! This was one fast-paced and and thrilling duology. I really enjoyed the super interesting characters and great plot...."
The Diabolic (The Diabolic #1)

"I really enjoyed this novel. It was interesting and compelling. The plot and the details from the space ships to..."
The Diabolic (The Diabolic #1)

" The Diabolic follows Nemesis, a diabolic (a genetically engineered human made emotionless and deadly)..."
The Lost Property Office (Section 13)

"Jack, his sister Sadie, and his mother all arrive in London to look for his father, who often travels for..."

"Confessions of a First-Page Whore (by Colleen) I grab a book from the shelf and devour its first page...."
To All The Boys I've Loved Before

"i'm finally done! i read this with a very slow start which i think is becoming a routine for me...."