Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Everyday battles

Reader reviewed by Sami

This is a good book about Will Gerald. Will Gerald is faced with having to constantly try to protect his half-sister from his abusive stepfather and drug addicted mother. To play such a grown up roll at such a young age is amazing. He is faced with a final battle with his stepfather that he must win, once and for all.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Pirate Queen: The Legend of Grace O'Malley
A captivating retelling of the story of Grace O’Malley, the...

0.0 (0)
Let's Call It a Doomsday
There are many ways the world could end. A fire....

0.0 (0)
The moment I declared the last word, I felt a...

0.0 (0)
The Surface Breaks: A Reimagining of The Little Mermaid
Think you know the story of the Little Mermaid? Think...

0.0 (0)
Professor Renoir’s Collection of Oddities, Curiosities, and Delights
By her fourteenth birthday, Babe Killingsworth measures 6ʹ9ʺ and weighs...

0.0 (0)
The Girl Who Loved Ghosts
She’d do anything to save her friends and family. But...

0.0 (0)
#Murderfunding (#MurderTrending, #2)
WELCOME TO WHO WANTS TO BE A PAINIAC?, the latest...

0.0 (0)
Truman
After his best friend Sarah leaves for her first day...

0.0 (0)
The Day the Universe Exploded My Head: Poems to Take You into Space and Back Again
Hang on tight for a raucous bounce through the solar...

0.0 (0)
The Blue Key
Seleste is turning sixteen. A milestone birthday. A birthday that...

0.0 (0)
Fallen Empires (Cleopatra in Space #5)
Cleo goes into hiding after a mysterious death at Yasiro...

0.0 (0)
The Season
Seventeen year old Lady Alexandra is strong-willed and sharp-tongued; in...

0.0 (0)
The Exact Opposite of Okay
Eighteen-year-old Izzy O’Neill knows exactly who she is—a loyal friend,...

0.0 (0)
Girl Gone Viral
For seventeen-year-old Opal Hopper, code is magic. She builds entire...

0.0 (0)
Patron Saints of Nothing
A powerful coming-of-age story about grief, guilt, and the risks...

0.0 (0)
This Time Will Be Different
For fans of Jenny Han, Morgan Matson, and Sandhya Menon,...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

East

"Reader reviewed by Arianna This was an awsome book! When I first read about it I though, "eh, it..."
A Crooked Kind of Perfect

"Reader reviewed by Randi I did not read anything on this book prior to adding it to my list. I..."

"Reader reviewed by greekzaz I love the book! :) It is an awsome book. I love how Zoe dreams of..."
Once Upon a Marigold

"Reader reviewed by Chaellee So cute!Beautiful love letters, an outcast princess and a charming lad raised by a troll-what could..."
The Beautiful Stories of Life: Six Greek Myths, Retold

"Reader reviewed by Dede Stories of Persephone and how her life and death affect our earth every year and Pandora..."
Dreadful Sorry (Time Travel Mystery #1)

"Reader reviewed by Jenna Dreadful Sorry is the best book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   A girl finds out that she is someho9w connected..."
Each Little Bird That Sings

"Reader reviewed by Jenna Each Little Bird That Sings is a heartwarming story about a girl and her cousin and..."
Once Upon a Marigold

"Reader reviewed by Kyra So I picked this book up at the Scholastic Warehouse. It stood out to me because..."

"Reader reviewed by Chantele Ten year-old Zoe, is a girl who dreams of owning a piano. She also dreams of..."

"Reader reviewed by Tori Phillips What an outstanding idea Reiss had in mind! Reincarnation has never been thought of like..."

"Reader reviewed by Dede Stellaluna is a baby fruit bat who, during a fight between an owl and her mother,..."

"Reader reviewed by Dede This book is funny, educational, and I like the way she writes the whole book in..."

"Reader reviewed by tennisplayer i just reread the Each Little Bird that Sings for the second time and I loved..."

"This is the fourth book of the "Mr. and Mrs. Green" beginning reader chapter book series, and it is a..."
Rabbit & Squirrel: A Tale of War & Peas

"Reader reviewed by Julie M. Prince Rabbit & Squirrel are neighbors who never talk. They live in the same patch..."

"Reader reviewed by Jo This is a beautifully written story about a young girl who lives with her family in..."
East

"Reader reviewed by Jennifer This book, East, is one of the best books ever made. It also has a movie..."

"Reader reviewed by jocelyn Zoe has big dreams. She wants to learn to play the piano, to play concerts at..."
East

"Reader reviewed by Mairi Rose's mother Eugenia is painfully superstitious in all things, but nowhere does this show as clearly..."

"Reader reviewed by readerCT This book was captivating. The story is so climatic. Every line Kathryn Reiss uses seems to..."