Review Detail

The Cruel Prince Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Holly Black is back!

Having only read one book of Holly's I wasn't caught up in the hype of her writing a new YA trilogy. But I liked enough of her magic writing to dive right in and see what the fuss in all about... and oh fiction gods!

The Cruel Prince grips you form the very beginning and does not let go. It starts with Jude our heroine who lives in the mortal world but then her parents are murdered by Murdoc a fae knight and then she and her sisters are taken to live in Fae. In a world where the Fae treat mortals as playthings, Jude has been training tirelessly to become a Knight and try to earn herself a place of respect with the Fae. Which is were we meet Prince Cardan who makes it his mission to treat Jude as the poor powerless mortal Jude is, they're enemies and push each other to dangerous limits every day.

This book has a dangerous plot where everyone is out to kill each other, political intrigue when the crown is at stake and of course Jude fighting everyone who crosses her path. What I loved about this book is that everyone is slightly villainous, you don't know who to trust and as the stakes get higher and higher your left on the edge of your treat dreading but still excited to see what comes next! Possibly my favourite to a series!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Merbaby's Lullaby
Hush, foam rocker, sleep, wave breaker. ...

0.0 (0)
Shatter the Sky (Shatter the Sky, #1)
Raised among the ruins of a conquered mountain nation, Maren...

0.0 (0)
The Virtue of Sin
Miriam lives in New Jerusalem, a haven in the desert...

0.0 (0)
Tin
Tin
In an alternative England of the 1930s where the laws...

0.0 (0)
Stolen Girl
Nadia is haunted by World War II. Her memories of...

0.0 (0)
The Iliad
More than three thousand years ago, two armies faced each...

0.0 (0)
A Light Amongst Shadows
James Spencer is hardly the typical troubled youth who ends...

0.0 (0)
the orphan fixed.jpg
Sometimes the ones who save us are the ones we...

0.0 (0)
Astrid the Unstoppable
Pippi Longstocking meets Heidi meets Anne Shirley in this tale...

0.0 (0)
Dreamland
In his sleep, Louie starts visiting a magical world where...

0.0 (0)
Me, Shakespeare and the Anti-Love Club
Heartbroken and spurned Kassidy starts an Anti-Love Club in response...

0.0 (0)
The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
Sacrifice all you have to survive. ...

0.0 (0)
NewBookCover.jpg
The Akakies, a peaceful, technologically advanced alien species known as...

5.0 (1)
A new, revised edition of Edward Willett’s multi-award-winning young adult...

0.0 (0)
Love at First Fight
Band Geek vs Quarterback... One humiliating photo, a stupid...

0.0 (0)
Ellie Quinn has spent most of her sixteen years behind...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Adventurer's Guide to Successful Escapes (The Adventurer's Guide #1)

"THE ADVENTURER’S GUIDE TO SUCCESSFUL ESCAPES follows Anne who has lived in Saint Lupin’s Institute for Perpetually Wicked and Hideously..."
Vampire Mountain (Cirque du Freak #4)

"This book takes a time jump of six years, so now Evra is a young man while Darren looks around..."
The Vampire's Assistant (Cirque du Freak #2)

"This installment is a lot more graphic than the first. There was a lot of foreshadowing, but I think it..."
Tunnels of Blood (Cirque du Freak #3)

"To me, this one wasn't quite as good as the first two. Darren, Mr. Crepsley, after a little convincing, Evra..."
A Living Nightmare (Cirque du Freak #1)

"This book was a favorite of mine as a young girl and now as an adult I still love it...."
NanoBots

"One night, a great inventor creates a fleet of robots so tiny they cannot be seen by the naked eye...."

AshAsh
"Well, this book SEEMED interesting enough, and it was. It really was. But, as the more I read the more..."
The Clique (The Clique #1)

"This is the most realistic book about girls in middle school I have ever read. it gets how girls..."
Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride #3)

"Max and her flock once again try to save the world. they are slowly seperating. The Erasers are gone and..."
Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (Middle School #1)

"Entertaining. Great for kids in middle school or going into middle school."
Nevermore (Maximum Ride #8)

"I bought Nevermore by James Patterson on amazon when it was released and this is my honest review. Okay..."

"Cirque Du Freak A Living Nightmare is a great book that was wrote by Darren Shan. In this Book The..."
Nighttime Ninja

"I was so impressed with the illustrations in this book. The illustrations were done in cut paper, textured cloth,..."

"This book never gets old, and I actually like the movie to it also, which is pretty unusual of me!..."
Children Make Terrible Pets

"So I was a huge fan of Brown’s “You Will Be My Friend!” so I was really excited when this..."
The Vampire's Assistant (Cirque du Freak #2)

"My favorite character is Mr. Tiny. He's extremely demented and always gets his way, no matter what it takes. My..."

"I really like this book because of the horror and disturbing elements. Some of my favorite characters are Mr. Crepsley,..."
Best Friends for Never (The Clique #2)

"I read this book ages ago, but I still remember it clearly. The most memorable part is the Halloween party,..."
The Clique (The Clique #1)

"I read this way back when, in middle school probably, at the pressure of my friends. I finally gave in..."
Firegirl

"Firegirl is a touching, sad, and memorable novel. It may sound like a book about a superhero, but it's nothing..."