Review Detail

The Dysasters Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

A Story Full of Tornadoes!

THE DYSASTERS opens up with Foster and her stepmom Cora on the run and have been for a full year. When they arrive at a small town, Cora tells Foster that they're looking for someone. That someone is Tate. When the "Core Four" show up, disaster happens and Cora passes away from a heart condition. Foster is forced to go on the run with Tate. It isn't hard to notice there's a connection between them, in a weird, stormy way.

THE DYSASTERS is told in alternating POV between several different characters, including members of the Core Four. They're searching for Tate and Foster because their "Father" wants them. To him, they're the perfect result of experimentation.

"Dysasters" is the perfect title with how many tornadoes they had in this book. This was a very interesting dramatic science fiction book that many will enjoy. I do wish there was more character development, but hopefully it'll come in the next one. That and a bit more depth to the sparking romance between Tate and Foster. The pictures throughout the story gives it a superhero/comic book feel as well. Overall, the concept is unique and has me intrigued for the next installment.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of science fiction, stormy weather, elements, superheroes, and unique plots.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Astronaut Who Painted the Moon: The True Story of Alan Bean
As a boy, Alan wanted to fly planes. As a...

0.0 (0)
As Far as the Stars
Christopher is the sort of guy that no one notices,...

0.0 (0)
This Cruel Design
The nightmare of the outbreak is finally...

0.0 (0)
Big Red School (Clifford)
Clifford misses his best friend Emily Elizabeth every day when...

0.0 (0)
Finding Me by Kelly Gunderman
Tagline: Can you ever truly love someone who robbed you...

0.0 (0)
Don't Date Rosa Santos
Rosa Santos is cursed by the sea-at least, that's what...

0.0 (0)
An unforgettable name… A longing to be invisible… ...

5.0 (1)
I Got Next
It’s game day! In this action-packed picture book from Daria...

0.0 (0)
A Friend for Bently
Like all pigs, Bently loves to play in the mud,...

0.0 (0)
The Great Pumpkin Contest
Mimi and Clara are neighbors. Both cats want to win...

0.0 (0)
Save Your Friends!
This laugh-out-loud adventure encourages family sharing and is a perfect...

0.0 (0)
Dibs!
Teaching your little brother his first word —dibs —is funny....

0.0 (0)
Where Are You From?
This resonant picture book tells the story of one girl...

0.0 (0)
Out of Place
When twelve-year-old Cove Bernstein becomes the target of a school-wide...

0.0 (0)
Salvation Day
A lethal virus is awoken on an abandoned spaceship in...

0.0 (0)
Bobby Ether and the Jade Academy
When sixteen-year-old Bobby Ether is abducted and brought to the...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The F Word (Redefining Me book 1)

"Some books hit you right in the feels (or a bit lower). This is one of them. In the..."

"I'm not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical when I started this book. As someone in a wheelchair,..."
My Virtual Prince Charming

"Luke is one of the popular crowd, but he has a nerdy secret. He loves to play the online game..."

"The story: Peyton has lost so much over the past eighteen months. Her brother passed away in a horrible accident,..."
A Straw Man

"n the third and final installment in the ‘The Clay Lion’ trilogy, Charlie’s little sister Melody takes her own trip..."

"I’ve been a big fan of both Craven and MacQueen for many years so when I heard they were collaborating..."
Stilettos & Stardust: A Gender-Swapped Cinderella Story

"What I liked: I had this book on my TBR before I even read the blurb because the cover and..."
Sublime Karma

"What I Liked One of the things I enjoyed about this book was how realistic it was. Situations that came..."
Girl Gone Ghost

"Sonara is haunted by her dead best friend Magnolia, a victim of a local serial killer. Sonara doesn't know how..."

"After a tragedy that changes the community of Twin Rivers forever, Peyton finds herself coping with it the way a..."
The Comet Club

"This book is so much fun. I loved the story and can't wait for a sequel. Just read it!..."
Inebriated

"What I Liked This book was fantastic. It depicted down to a tee what it is like to be a..."
The Trouble With Kissing Frogs

"'The Trouble with Kissing Frogs' by Seven Steps tells the story of Sophia and Joe, two people who seemingly find..."
Lions and Lamps

"What I Loved: The setting is fascinating and complex, the world building rich and thoughtful. Robinson fully realizes the steampunk..."

"As someone who has heard the “f” word thrown at me more than once, I really related to this story...."

"Peyton has always been the "bigger girl", but after her brother Cooper dies in an accident, her weight gets out..."
The Songs We Sing

"This novella about Ella, a girl who's lost her passion for music, and Damon, the guy who helps rekindle it...."
EVERY BOY IS A BOOK

"I loved this story so much I didn’t want to stop reading... I wish this book never ended! It’s such..."
EVERY BOY IS A BOOK

"Every Boy is a Book is the first title I've devoured and loved in 2019. Awesome is not a big..."
Wings & Destruction: The Vampire and Angel Wars Book 1

"With vampires and angels raging war on Earth, the humans are forced to live in hiding and live off the..."