Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Love, Past and Present

'In Paris With You' by Clementine Beauvais is an interesting story, written in verse. Main characters Eugene and Tatiana find each other once again ten years after their first meeting. That summer a decade ago changed both of them, but the events are threatening to keep them apart in the present. The way they care for each other is still apparent after all of the time that has passed, but they seem to be unable to overcome some of the issues that plague them still from that time in their lives.

The story goes back and forth between present and past, shedding light on the events that transpired and how they affect the new relationship that they both would like to build but are scared to attempt. The poetic narrative is a beautiful way of sharing their story and making the way for their paths to cross again more intriguing. The side characters, including Tatiana's sister and a boy from their past, help set the story in motion, with the revolving storylines finding ways to connect and solidify what they once knew and what they hope for the future.

Even though the story ends on a somewhat ambiguous note, it leaves room for readers to feel engaged and hopeful for what is likely to come. A sweet story of young love, friendship, upset, and reconciliation, 'In Paris With You' captures so many themes in an easy-to-read format.

Good Points
A sweet story of young love, friendship, upset, and reconciliation, 'In Paris With You' captures so many themes in an easy-to-read format.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Peppa in Space (Peppa Pig)
Get ready for a Peppa Pig story that's out of...

0.0 (0)
The Stars We Steal
Engagement season is in the air. Eighteen-year-old Princess Leonie “Leo”...

0.0 (0)
Pete the Cat and the Itsy Bitsy Spirder
Pete the Cat’s cool adaptation of the classic children’s song...

0.0 (0)
Superlative Birds
Explore the fascinating world of superlative birds―from the bee hummingbird,...

0.0 (0)
In Another Life
Chloe was three years old when she became Chloe Holden,...

0.0 (0)
Even Monsters Go To School
What’s a school day like for you? ...

0.0 (0)
Can Cat and Bird Be Friends
In a sweet and clever picture book from debut author-illustrator...

0.0 (0)
Origami Bible Stories For Kids
Perfect for Sunday school lessons and youth group activities--paper figures...

0.0 (0)
Pig the Stinker
In this hilarious adventure, Pig the Pug STINKS! Pig likes...

0.0 (0)
Little Rabbit Lost
It is Little Rabbit’s birthday and his family surprises him...

0.0 (0)
Cece Loves Science and Adventure
Cece loves science and adventure! ...

0.0 (0)
Hannah Sparkles: Hooray For the First Day of School
Cheer along with Hannah Sparkles on her first day of...

0.0 (0)
Turtle and Tortoise Are Not Friends
This is Turtle. This is...

0.0 (0)
Trace
In a debut novel that's perfect for fans of Jason...

0.0 (0)
When Summer Ends
Three months Two changed fates One...

0.0 (0)
Mystery Club (Mr. Wolf's Class #2)
Mr. Wolf's students are settling into their new classroom, and...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

White Stag: A Novel (Permafrost, #1)

"WHITE STAG is a really fantastic YA fantasy that I was absolutely pulled into and found it hard to put..."
Obsidian (Lux #1)

"That's why I love paranormal romances :D"
Alienated (Alienated #1)

"I think I fell in love! Aelyx and Cara’s romance is of the slow-burn kind.... simply swoony! The..."
Stone Cold Touch (Dark Elements #2)

"This installment picks up just a few weeks after Roth has sacrificed himself at the end of White Hot Kiss...."
The Collector (Dante Walker #1)

"I have some mixed feelings. "The Collector" follows Dante in the first person- he is telling us his story. Dante..."
Anomaly (Schrodinger's Consortium #1)

"“Anomaly” was an interesting YA sci-fi/fantasy where we’re introduced to a whole other world. Josie lives with her mother and..."
Zombie Queen of Newbury High

"This book was probably the best book I have ever read. I loved the end so much I wished there..."
The Night Circus

"The Night Circus was an enchanting, mind-boggling story that enraptured me. It was confusing, lovely, frightening, elusive, all at once...."
Wicked (A Wicked Saga #1)

"I read a TON of fae fiction and A WICKED TRILOGY by Jennifer L. Armentrout is so hilarious and refershing...."
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)

"I really loved The Dream Thieves! It was a fun, magical and captivating novel. The Dream Thieves continues Gansey's,..."
House of Night: Hunted

"So the Nerd Herd is now underground and hiding away from Kalona. Aphrodite and Stevie-Rae have imprinted, Stark is an..."
House of Night: Untamed

"So this one picks up right where the other left off and don't worry if you haven't read the others..."
House of Night: Chosen

"Zoey now knows that her old mentor is not what she claims to be. She's hiding something and doing things..."
House of Night: Betrayed

"This one picks up not far where Marked left off. Zoey is now in charge of the Daughters of Darkness...."
Eerie

"if you look through my books here in goodreads, the paranormal genre does not belong here. but this book drew..."
Eerie

"Book 2 promises to just as good 8D with several new surprises ;)"
One Wish Away (Djinn Empire #1)

"One Wish Away is a magical, quick read full of action, romance, and twists. In it, we follow Marielle, a..."
Eerie

"This book captured me from the very start! I fell in love with all of the characters...I fell in love..."
Lost in Starlight

"Must-Read YA Series! "A dash of intrigue, a dollop of deceit, and a delicate love story makes Lost in Starlight..."
Sanctuary: (Shifter Chronicles Book 1)

"Sanctuary (Shifter Chronicles, #1) by Melle Amade The Story: Shae spent the entire summer without hearing a word from..."