Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

great new YA sci-fi!

"These Broken Stars" is an interesting YA sci-fi that follows two young people after a space shuttle crash. Lilac LeRoux is practically royalty. Her father owns a high-profile corporation and her life has been sheltered- she is covered in pretty dresses and has lots of nice things, but she knows that her future will be political. Her marriage will only be used to advance her father's company. Tarver is from a poor family and a military veteran. When the space shuttle crashes on a seemingly abandoned planet, they must fight to survive. As they traverse the planet in hopes of rescue, they discover there are more sinister secrets hiding there.

The story is told from Lilac and Tarver's point-of-views, along with some conversations between Tarver and someone questioning him about the time after the crash. As they fight for survival and answers, they grow closer to each other and a romance blooms. Partly sci-fi, partly romance, and partly thriller, this book captured my attention from the get-go, and I really loved following Tarver and Lilac's journey.

This book will definitely be a hit amongst YA romance fans, and I found it really entertaining and page-turning. I listened to the audiobook, and I highly recommend it- the voices are well done and the telling is fantastic!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Enter the Core (Max Tilt #3)
Max Tilt thinks his luck is finally changing, thanks to...

0.0 (0)
Hugs and Kisses for the Grouchy Ladybug
From the World of Eric Carle comes a brand-new book...

0.0 (0)
Hush, Little Bunny
Hush, Little Bunny is a heartwarming, lyrical love letter from...

0.0 (0)
Fangs for Everything (Crimebiters #4)
The CrimeBiters gang got its start with help from my...

0.0 (0)
Summer Babies (Babies in the Park)
An endearing board book with adorable babies on the go...

0.0 (0)
Magical Creatures Academy 1: Night Shifter
Rina Nelle Mont has never been a part of...

0.0 (0)
Riverdale.jpg
Based on the massively successful CW show, Riverdale, this...

0.0 (0)
Emmie and the Tudor King
One moment, Emmie is writing her high school history paper;...

0.0 (0)
Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness duology)
First in a duology, this darkly thrilling page-turner set...

0.0 (0)
The Afterward
Romantic high fantasy from the bestselling author of Star...

0.0 (0)
Tell Me Everything
Your secret's safe...until it's not. Ivy's always preferred to...

0.0 (0)
The Genie Dagger
A magical dagger. An evil genie. A hidden past....

0.0 (0)
Fox and the Box
In this debut picture book, author-illustrator Yvonne Ivinson invites readers...

0.0 (0)
Lambslide
Nicolette Farmer is running for class president, and the rest...

0.0 (0)
I am a Wonder Woman
An entertaining look at some of the most influential women...

0.0 (0)
Sun Down, Monsters Up!
Pitchfork Pines Preschool is anything but normal. Once the sun...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Ghoulia

"To Ghoulia, she's just the average girl. To us, she's something completely different: a zombie. Ghoulia's aunt wants her to..."
Devils Unto Dust

"I just want to shake the authors hand. I use to read books all the time but It takes so..."
Zombie Abbey

""Zombie Abbey" is Downton Abbey with zombies (and characters names changed). Although it's been a while since I watched Downton..."
Zombie Queen of Newbury High

"This book was probably the best book I have ever read. I loved the end so much I wished there..."
Ernestine, Catastrophe Queen

"Ernestine and her little brother Charleston are trying to bring on the zombie apocalypse. After doing a spell, they believe..."
Devils Unto Dust

"In this alternative history the time after the Civil War has caused not only bad times to come to Daisy..."
Zombie Abbey

"It's been a long time since I had read a zombie novel and even more, one as entertaining as Zombie..."
Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2)

"This was better than the first installment. But sometimes Cole still bothered me a little. He broke up with her..."
Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon #1

"An entertaining start to a graphic novel series fit for longtime fans of the Plants vs. Zombies game; appropriate for..."
H2O (The Rain #1)

"I think I want to lay off Apocalypse stories for a little while. (But I'm not going to, because they..."
The Zombie Chasers #7: World Zombination

"Scientist Nigel Black has sent the group to Madagascar to find mayfly larvae as the final ingredient for his antidote..."
The Zombie Chasers #6: Zombies of the Caribbean

"Now that Rice's addition of Spazola Energy Cola to the antidote has not only rezombified everyone but made them into..."
Zombies Y'all!

"Fun read. Recommend for youngsters who like zombies, but maybe don't want all the blood, guts and graphic gore of..."
Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3)

"I finally got around to finishing this series and I read it straight through, for the most part. It did..."
My Zombie Ex-Boyfriends

"Fun. In a word, this story is just plain fun. The premise is wacky in all the right ways, and..."
Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3)

"What I loved: THIS is how you end a trilogy, my friends. Like a freaking BAMF. Seriously, I had my..."
Dead City (Dead City #1)

""Normal kids have enough to deal with," but now that Molly was recruited into Omega, New York's elite zombie-killing academy,..."
Blue Moon (Dead City #2)

"What I Loved: A compelling heroine, a cast of interesting characters, and a new take on zombie lore make..."
Eat, Brains, Love (Eat, Brains, Love #1)

"Video games, zombie morphing and secret government agencies out to do you in. If it sounds like a weird B-movie,..."
Eat, Brains, Love (Eat, Brains, Love #1)

"What I Loved: This story is fantastically entertaining, and is a nice, quick read. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend..."