Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
(Updated: June 20, 2018)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Where the Sea Takes Me

Sienna just finished her freshman year in college. It’s been two years since she parted from Deni back in Indonesia. She tries to move on with her life and her childhood friend Spider wants much more than a friendship. All this changes when Deni comes back into her life and they go on to Cambodia on a relief mission to help young girls affected by trafficking. Will Sienna and Deni get a second chance along the way?

What worked: I loved the chemistry between Sienna and Deni and was so happy that Kling wrote another book on these two. This is a very satisfying conclusion to an amazing romance. Sparks literally jump off the page whenever these two are together. Sierra can’t deny the feeling she has whenever Deni is around. The two are like human magnets that can’t be separated. The intensity of their love continues to pull them to each other. The writing here isn’t over the top sappy, but rather intense and passionate. I love these two characters!

The backdrop is set in Cambodia. These scenes are very raw and gripping. Sienna helps young survivors of trafficking by teaching them to swim. Readers get a painful glimpse into the seedy side of Cambodia with those who victimize young girls. These scenes are well researched on some signs to look for on those being exploited. Not all is dark though.There are numerous places that are shown in the Cambodian countryside that paint a picture of hope. At the back of the book there are links to various organizations that help trafficking victims and those suffering from mental illness.

Captivating love story of two polar opposites who come together amidst the beauty and danger of Cambodia.

Good Points
1. Amazing chemistry!
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Story of B
The Story of B combines Daniel Quinn's provocative and visionary...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: Beauty and the Beast: A Modern Retelling
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Snow Queen: A Graphic Novel
Follow Gerda on an adventure to find her friend Kay,...

0.0 (0)
DARK TALES: THE CALL OF CTHULHU: A Graphic Novel
In this Dark Tale, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming... ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Graphic Novel
Eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be...

0.0 (0)
Time Jumpers: Escape from Egypt
This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line,...

0.0 (0)
NOTES FROM MY CAPTIVITY
Adrienne Cahill cares about three things: getting into a great...

0.0 (0)
9 FROM NINE WORLDS
The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy may...

0.0 (0)
#Murdertrending
@doctorfusionbebop: Some 17 y. o. chick named Dee Guerrera was...

0.0 (0)
Unstoppable Moses
Moses and his cousin Charlie were best friends, wisecracking pranksters,...

0.0 (0)
51HTvQF3B2L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Alien meets Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds in this thrilling...

0.0 (0)
Thief of Happy Endings
Sarah Dessen meets the Wild West in this tale of...

0.0 (0)
Between Before and After
“The carnage began with the roses. She hacked at their...

0.0 (0)
STANDING UP AGAINST HATE is the story of black women...

0.0 (0)
Chainbreaker (Timekeeper Book 2)
Clock mechanic Danny Hart knows he’s being watched. But by...

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old cupid-in-training Kali is in an Olympus-sized mountain of trouble....

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

These Broken Stars (Starbound #1)

""These Broken Stars" is an interesting YA sci-fi that follows two young people after a space shuttle crash. Lilac LeRoux..."
This Shattered World (Starbound #2)

""This Shattered World" follows Jubilee (Lee) and Flynn, who live on a planet that has failed terraforming, leaving it with..."
DARK TALES: THE CALL OF CTHULHU: A Graphic Novel

"This vibrant retelling of H.P. Lovecraft’s short story has been artfully adapted into a beautifully illustrated graphic novel that captures..."
Dark Tales: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Graphic Novel

"The Hound of the Baskervilles is one of Arthur Conan Doyle's finest Sherlock Holmes novels, written years after “The Final..."
NOTES FROM MY CAPTIVITY

"Adrienne Cahill finds herself on an expedition to remote Siberia looking for the fabled Osinov family with her stepfather, Dan,..."
9 FROM NINE WORLDS

"Fans of Riordan will find lots of familiar faces from the Magnus Chase series in this clever collection of short..."
#Murdertrending

"A gory, dark thriller with all the things we loved about Hunger Games plus a delightfully creepy twist of something..."
Unstoppable Moses

"Feedback I am going to admit that I would have never picked up this book if I wasn’t provided a..."
Sanctuary

"X-men Gen X (i.e. the teen version) meets Aliens-lite in this survival-in-space story. Told in first-person past-tense from..."
Thief of Happy Endings

"‘Thief of Happy Endings’ is a young adult contemporary with a huge twist. The story centers around, Cassidy. Cassidy..."
Timekeeper (Timekeeper #1)

"Feedback I thought this was an interesting concept. The clocks themselves really control the time. There are days where..."
Chainbreaker (Timekeeper Book 2)

"Feedback What a change from book one! While I enjoyed Timekeeper, it took me a while to truly engage..."
Confessions of a High School Disaster

"Confessions of a High School Disaster is the first installment of the Chloe Snow series. I read the second installment..."
I Do Not Trust You

"I DO NOT TRUST YOU by Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz is a young adult thriller that follows Memphis..."
Light Years

"Sporting a diverse ensemble cast, this book is rife with themes of team-building; and not simply setting aside differences but..."
The Color of Lies

"The Color of Lies relies heavily on its interesting characters, not-so-original plot, and captivating writing to keep its reader--but as..."
The Reader

""The Reader" is an intriguing YA fantasy that follows a girl named Sefia. Her parents hid her in a secret..."
The Spellbook of Katrina Van Tassel: A Story of Sleepy Hollow

" "The Spellbook of Katrina Van Tassel" is a retelling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow from the point-of-view of..."
Umbertouched

"UMBERTOUCHED is the end to the Rosemarked Duology and I'm blown away by it. When Zivah and Dineas are..."
Voices: The Final Hours of Joan of Arc

"I really love novels of strong historical women. In this case, this novel is about Joan of Arc. What makes..."