Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Tough but so beautiful

Abuse is such a difficult topic to write/read and I think that ALWAYS FOREVER MAYBE really does such a beautiful job telling this kind of story. ALWAYS FOREVER MAYBE follows Betts as she meets and falls for Aiden. When that love turns sour Betts finds herself putting distance between her and her friends. She’s keeping secrets and lying and terrified of anyone finding out.

There are so many things that I liked about this book and that I think Anica did really well. One being Jo and her friendship to Betts. I love books with great best friends and I think Jo was such an amazing character as well as a friend. No matter how many times Betts pushed her away or lied to her Jo knew something was wrong and she kept showing up. And when everything happened Jo was there. She made sure Betts knew her worth and that she was loved even if Betts fought her tooth and nail.

Another thing that I think Anica did really well was that she completely captured these feelings. From first love, to being afraid of every move you make, to feeling so alone. Betts is a strong character and I loved seeing that her strength didn’t take away from the fact that she was in this situation. And I loved the way Anica writes this character who is in this bad situation but still has this incredible strength and you can see it in her even if it takes awhile for Betts to see it in herself.

Overall Its a great story, and characters that have incredible strength. Anica is a beautiful writer that took a story about a very tough topic and filled it with hope and love and growth. I would suggest picking this one up.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

51uDXTa8hxL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Celebrate the weird, wonderful, and the downright bizarre in this...

0.0 (0)
The Next to Last Mistake
Tess Goodwin's life in rural Iowa is sheltered and uncomplicated....

0.0 (0)
Pretty in Punxsutawney
A Groundhog Day meets Pretty in Pink mashup from author...

4.7 (1)
Emerge: The Captive: (Book 3)
A moment of distraction has cost him his freedom...

5.0 (1)
Awakening of Fire (Dragon Born, #1)
Dragons are just legends from the past... Felicia’s life...

0.0 (0)
The Penderwicks at Last
The finale you've all been waiting for: The Penderwicks...

0.0 (0)
Over Raging Tides
The pirate crew of the Lady Luck lives by...

0.0 (0)
Positively Izzy
Award-winning comics creator and author of the bestselling Invisible...

0.0 (0)
Onyx and Ivory
They call her Traitor Kate. It’s a title Kate...

0.0 (0)
The Dysasters
P.C. and Kristin Cast, the #1 New York Times bestselling...

0.0 (0)
The Fontre | Best Books for Young Adults | YA Fiction New Release | Julien Jamar
Cassai is taken by Devilan, knowing she will be forced...

0.0 (0)
You'd Be Mine
Annie Mathers is America’s sweetheart and heir to a country...

4.0 (1)
99 Lies (100 Hours, #2)
Getting kidnapped over spring break was definitely memorable. But now...

0.0 (0)
Wings of Olympus
Take flight with Pippa and her winged horse in this...

0.0 (0)
"FIVE STARS for one of the most peculiar high school...

5.0 (13)
Ocean Renegades! (Earth Before Us #2): Journey through the Paleozoic Era
When Ronnie’s parents go on a business trip and leave...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

DARK TALES: THE CALL OF CTHULHU: A Graphic Novel

"This vibrant retelling of H.P. Lovecraft’s short story has been artfully adapted into a beautifully illustrated graphic novel that captures..."
Dark Tales: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Graphic Novel

"The Hound of the Baskervilles is one of Arthur Conan Doyle's finest Sherlock Holmes novels, written years after “The Final..."
Uncle Tom's Cabin

" “Any mind that is capable of a real sorrow is capable of good.” To be..."
Paddington on Top

"When school inspectors come to the Browns' door and claim that it is necessary for Paddington to report to school,..."
Little Women

">“Let us be elegant or die!” I’d like to confess up front, I avoided reading this book..."
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

"“I ask no more than to live a hundred years longer, that I may have more time to dwell the..."
A Tale of Two Cities

"“Death may beget life, but oppression can beget nothing other than itself.” Slow to start, but intricately woven..."
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables #1)

"What begins as an altruistic desire for child labor turns into an a life-altering venture into parenting for an aging..."
Around the World in Eighty Days

"A fictional travelogue of sorts, this steady-driving journey began a bit blandly but picked up steam and endearment as it..."
Wuthering Heights: A Coloring Classic

"Combining quotes with detailed illustrations, WUTHERING HEIGHTS: A COLORING BOOK brings the classic story to a new visual wonder. ..."
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice: A Coloring Classic

"This beautiful book caught my eye right away. A wonderful gift for any Jane Austen fan, the pages are filled..."
Animal Farm

"After an opportunistic revolt on an English farm proves successful, the animals who've managed to run off their human oppressors..."
This is the House That Monsters Built

"Giving the traditional nursery rhyme The House That Jack Built a nice Halloween twist, author Steve Metzger manages to work..."
The Literature Book

"Pace yourself! Reading this primer is a bit like taking a college-level literature class. Or perhaps an entire semester worth..."
Gris Grimly's Tales from the Brother's Grimm

"What I Liked: This is just the chapter sampler but I am blown away once again by the amazingness that..."
Amelia Bedelia Chapter Book #9: Amelia Bedelia on the Job

"I grew up on Amelia Bedelia books. I remember the ever funny adventures she used to get in to, and..."
Northanger Abbey

" “If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad." ..."
Animal Farm

"OH MY GOD! Just... Wow! This would have been the perfect Halloween read if you ask me. That ending gave..."

""You must learn some of my philosophy. Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure." OMG,..."
Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business

"A cap peddler wears all of his wares on his head. After a day of making no sales, he sets..."