Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Sky in the Deeo Review

No comment.

Good Points
I found myself at lost for words on how to describe the magnificent that is this book. Sky in the Deep left me emotionally distraught--in a good way--and craving for more. I was on edge waiting the whole time reading for what is to come next, but at the same time, I wanted to slow down and not let it end. AHHH!
It is not a story to be taken lightly, for it is filled with heart and soul. Adrienne Young has flawlessly captured the five senses into her writing giving me front seat row in the story. Every word that was uttered was done carefully and purposefully making you not want to miss a single thing said or done.
Sensitive topics such as religion and family were approached in a way that made one listen, understand and feel. The story has a focal point on something that many ya books do not touch much on: family, sibling love, friendship, forgiveness and raw open sweet romance. There is no ya novel, to my knowledge, that has so wondrously captured the open, jealous, and tearful sibling love between a main character and brother. I have utterly and un-shamefully given my heart to this book.
Even though the book is told from a single person point of view, I was able to thoroughly connect with all the characters in the book without feeling any resentment towards any of them. The main character had the aspects of what a true heroine should be like: fierce and independent yet vulnerable and rational.
This book blew my mind. I did not want it to end. I don't know what to do with myself, now. Like, what other books out there can equal this one. This is a story that I am going to reread forever. I will never be able to get over how fantastic this book is.
You will regret passing the opportunity to read this book. Truly from the bottom of my heart, REEEEEEEAAAAAADDDD!! THIS BOOK!!
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

You/Poet: Learn the Art. Speak Your Truth. Share Your Voice.
Offering a variety of advice for tapping into your creative...

0.0 (0)
Are You Scared, Darth Vader?
Darth Vader isn't scared! Nothing can scare Lord Vader. ...

0.0 (0)
Star-Touched Stories
From New York Times bestselling author, Roshani Chokshi, comes Star-Touched...

0.0 (0)
91HIpyhaW9L.jpg
The third book in the New York Times bestselling series...

0.0 (0)
One Week of You
For Lizzy Winston, one week will change everything. Fifteen-year-old...

0.0 (0)
Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
She is from the past, locked inside a world...

4.6 (3)
Grenade
It's 1945, and the world is in the grip...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and...

0.0 (0)
Uncharted
Seventeen-year-old Annabeth prefers the fantasy of her books and...

0.0 (0)
Dark Divide
Secrets have a way of coming out. Divided by...

0.0 (0)
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)
Before humans, and before human history, there were the...

0.0 (0)
Heirs of the Round Table: Reclaiming Camelot
Imagine discovering that your ancestors were part of King Arthur's...

0.0 (0)
Wicked Nix
A visually stunning, middle-grade classic in the making about Wicked...

0.0 (0)
Journey of the Pale Bear
A runaway boy befriends a polar bear that’s being transported...

0.0 (0)
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)
When Wyatt gets framed for a friend’s crime, he thinks...

0.0 (0)
The Attack of the Plants: A Branches Book (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Next stop...The Magic School Bus heads to the Galapagos to...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Dare You to Lie

"DARE YOU TO LIE by Amber Lynn Natusch is a young adult suspense novel that follows Kylene after she moves..."
Star-Touched Stories

"STAR-TOUCHED STORIES brings you back into the world of STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN. For those who love the world Roshani Chokshi created,..."
Muse of Nightmares

"I honestly didn't think any book could top Strange the Dreamer, it was such a fantastic start to a new..."
Seize Today

"Seize Today is the thrilling conclusion to a fantastic dystopian series. I’ve been a huge fan of this series since..."
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)

"Snub is a young gorilla living in prehistoric times. She has a family that included Silverback, Brother, Wrinkle and Teased,..."
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)

"Wyatt has a decent life, but when his dad takes off, it dissolves into chaos. His mother doesn't function well,..."
Grenade

"Hideki is a 13-year-old Okinawan and Ray is a United States Marine. Both are play important roles in the "Love..."
The Homework Strike

"'The Homework Strike' by Greg Pincus is a relevant and worthwhile story about the power of standing up and fighting..."
The Glass Arrow

"Original Review: http://www.literarychaos.com/ I was really cautious going into this book. I knew from the synopsis that it had..."
The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1)

N/A
"original review at: http://www.literarychaos.com/ In the spirit of honesty, I would never have picked this book up for myself...."
The Wood

"I bought this by impulse. Seeing as this book was primarily a cover-buy, I did not have many expectations..."
You Are The Everything

"Elyse Schmidt has the biggest crush on Josh Harris, but he has no idea. When tragedy strikes on their plane..."
Girl At The Grave

"Valentine was only six years old when her murder was hung for murder. After the death, she's basically taken care..."
Going Places

"GOING PLACES by Kathryn Berla is a coming-of-age novel that follows Hudson Wheeler through his senior year of high school...."
Hearts Unbroken

"WHAT I LOVED: When Louise’s boyfriend Cam first disparages Native people in front of her–specifically his brother’s Kickapoo spouse–he isn’t..."
What If It's Us

"I’ve read both Becky and Adam books and What If It’s Us is a combination of the very best of..."
The Disasters

"What worked: This is a high energy soap opera romp through space. Think Breakfast Club meets Firefly. There's action, suspense,..."
Lucky in Love

"'Lucky in Love' by Kasie West captures a not-too-familiar storyline, but injects it with all-too-understandable themes. When main character Maddie..."
The Goldfish Boy

"Twelve-year-old Matthew is reluctant to leave his house due to his fear of illness and germs, so he watches and..."
Pokeweed: An Illustrated Novella

"This book was released on September 20th, 2018 and received over ten reviews in its first 2 weeks."