Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Epic Fantasy of Betrayal and Loyalty

THE TRAITOR'S GAME alternates between two main characters: Kestra and Simon. When Kestra is called back home to her father's estate after years in hiding, she is both nervous and excited. But after an attack on her carriage, Kestra finds herself forced to search for the mythical Olden blade in order to save her friends.

Simon is given the job as her guard and has to make sure she completes her quest. Everyone's lives depend on it because Lord Endrick cannot be allowed to continue his evil reign. Simon tries hard to put his and Kestra's past behind him, but it's easier said than done. Especially when his heart starts playing a role in the Traitor's Game.

At first, I have to admit that I didn't like Kestra, but it was interesting to watch her grow and change. That is what made this story five stars. I am so in love with Simon. He was such an adorable person who never wanted to give up on Kestra, no matter their history. THE TRAITOR'S GAME had an epic twist, that I won't give away, and I couldn't put this book down.

Final Verdict: THE TRAITOR'S GAME is full of mystery, betrayal, passion, and tests of loyalty and I enjoyed the fantasy element to it. I would recommend it to fans of any of the above listed because this book was beautifully written and I didn't want it to end. I'm eagerly awaiting the next one!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Summer Bird Blue
A mixed race teen struggles to find her way back...

0.0 (0)
Starfish
A William C. Morris Award Finalist A New...

0.0 (0)
The Truth Lies Here
In small town Michigan, Penny, an aspiring journalist, teams...

0.0 (0)
The Looking Glass
GIRLS IN TROUBLE. That’s what Sylvie Blake’s older sister...

0.0 (0)
Something of Substance
Seventeen-year-old Grace Michaels is determined to be thin, even...

0.0 (0)
Death by the River
SOME TRUTHS ARE BETTER KEPT SECRET. SOME SECRETS...

0.0 (0)
Soraya: A Wielders of Arantha Prequel
On the planet Elystra, the all-female Ixtrayu tribe have...

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Scream All Night
A darkly hilarious contemporary realistic young adult novel about...

0.0 (0)
A Touch of Gold
King Midas once had the ability to turn all...

0.0 (0)
Meet the Sky
From award-winning author McCall Hoyle comes a new young adult...

0.0 (0)
A Dog in King Arthur’s Court (Cavall in Camelot #1)
In Camelot, King Arthur’s dog encounters a world of danger...

0.0 (0)
The Fray
She's been trained for battle but is she ready for...

0.0 (0)
Emergence (Kindred Ties: Book Two)
The fight for order has only just begun… Fletcher, Ariana...

0.0 (0)
All Summer Long.jpg
A coming-of-age middle-grade graphic novel about summer and friendships, written...

4.0 (1)
They Say Blue
Caldecott and Printz Honor-winning illustrator Jillian Tamaki brings us a...

4.0 (1)
Lady Knight (Crystal Journals) Book 3
Shortlisted 2018-19 "Chocolate Lily Book Award"... ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Awakening of Fire (Dragon Born, #1)

"Felicia never thought her life could be turned upside down by taking a trip to the mall. But when she's..."
The Gods of Men

"The story: A childhood tragedy forces Sable to flee her home, change her identity, and eke out a meager..."
Karina

"The story: Disfigured by a childhood accident, thirteen-year-old Karina Morgan has it tough. Labeled an outcast because of her..."
THE GHOST CHRONICLES

"\\Michael Andrews has died in a fiery car accident. He is sentenced to continually walk the earth. Things start to..."
Emerge: The Captive: (Book 3)

"Feedback Emerge: The Captive takes place between Awakening and Judgment through Sasha and Quinn’s point of view. At first..."
STUMPED

"Ozzy has everything a teenager could want, good grades, a hot girlfriend, and successful high school swimming career. When..."

"What happens when myth becomes a reality that is closer to home than you realize? That is the tale of..."

"I love the characters and their interactions. Not just a lot of action, but a true, indepth story...."

"What can I say? I, a 49 year old woman, got sucked into a YA story and absolutely LOVE..."
The Gods of Men

"There is nothing not to like in this book. The story: Sable hasn't had it easy. The daughter of..."

"In DARK FATES, there's a prophesy that keeps the humans and vampires separate out of fear. It is said that..."
Intoxic

"This is strong writing from an author on the rise. Gallion's prose is a breath of fresh air. There is..."

"I can't wait to see where the next book goes!"
Sneaking Out

" ‘Sneaking Out’ is the first installment in the ‘Chase’ series. The setting is an elite New England..."
Bleeding Hearts

"The story: Nancy Miller is a poor, illiterate teenage girl scrounging out a meager living in Edinburgh. On the..."
All-American Liars

"'All-American Liars' by Emily Kazmierski shines a light on the lies people tell themselves and others to help save face..."

"A short and fun read. The story: Megera is in danger of having to leave her private school when..."
This Summer

"A sweet romance highlighting the fragile hearts of youth. The story: Hadley is determined to have a good summer..."
Emerge: The Heir (Immortals of Indriell Book 4)

"A shining star in a great series. The story: Picking up years after the last time we saw Allie..."
Faded

"'Faded' by Melanie Hooyenga is the third installment in her 'Flicker Effect' series. It is not always true that a..."