Review Detail

Lies That Bind Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Epic Sequel to Proof of Lies

After saving Keira, Anastasia finds herself unable to sit still. She feels like she's constantly having to keep one eye glancing back over her shoulder and that Department D is out to get her. For that reason, her instinct is to go into hiding, but all of that changes when a message is sent to her via the death of an old high-school friend.

With the help of Allen Cross and her friends, she realizes that Department D needs to come down. The only problem: she doesn't trust anyone. The lines start blurring for Anastasia and she finds her walls closing in as distrust forms for her friends. Anastasia can trust nobody but herself, but that isn't the way to bring down a corrupt place like Department D. Toss in the fact that her parents are most likely alive and Anastasia feels even more wary since her whole life has been a lie.

This was a thrilling sequel to PROOF OF LIES and I drank it up, page by page. I was so happy to have received an ARC since PROOF OF LIES was so good. I loved the mystery and The Godfather-like feel LIES THAT BIND presents and am enthralled by Diana Rodriguez Wallach's riveting writing.

Final Verdict: This was such an epic sequel to PROOF OF LIES and I would recommend it to fans of mystery, thrillers, The Godfather, and romance. This story is also about placing your feet back on the ground even though it feels like it's been ripped out from underneath you.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

#1 Bestseller on Kobo and Category Bestseller on Amazon! ...

0.0 (0)
What if you were the missing piece in one of...

0.0 (0)
The Babysitter's Club: Kristy's Big Day
Kristy's mom is getting married, and Kristy is going to...

0.0 (0)
The Very Last Castle
A curious little girl watches the man who guards the...

0.0 (0)
Jack B. Ninja
Jack B. Ninja! Jack, be quick! Jack, jump over the...

0.0 (0)
Emerge: The Assignment: An Immortals of Indriell Novella
She has devoted her life to training with the...

0.0 (0)
The Agony House
Denise Farber has just moved back to New Orleans...

0.0 (0)
Freak N Gorgeous
Everyone is ugly sometimes. In a world not unlike...

0.0 (0)
Twice Dead
Naya, the daughter of a sea merchant captain, nervously...

0.0 (0)
Legacy of Light (Legends of the Tri-Gard Book 2)
Death. Sacrifice. Betrayal. That is your curse. The seer's...

0.0 (0)
The Forest Queen
When sixteen-year-old Sylvie’s brother takes over management of their family’s...

0.0 (0)
Kendall's Snow Fort (Scholastic Reader Level 2: American Girl: Wellie Wishers)
There's a storm coming! The other WellieWishers promise to help...

0.0 (0)
Afterimage
A horrific explosion levels part of the city and...

0.0 (0)
Death in daylight. Danger at dark. ...

0.0 (0)
The Little Girl Who Wanted to be Big
The internet’s “World’s Best Father," award-winning photographer Dave Engledow, follows...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Diabolic (The Diabolic #1)

""The Diabolic" is a unique YA dystopian book. In this future, humans have advanced scientifically and technologically, traveling through space..."
Children of Refuge

"CHILDREN OF REFUGE is the second in a series by Margaret Peterson Haddix in which the main characters, Rosi and..."
Children of Exile

"Rosi is twelve-years-old and she and the other children of Fredtown were taken from an unsafe situation with their birth..."
Fly Girls: The Forgotten Women Airforce Service Pilots of WWII

"While WWI used planes, the technology and use really took off during WWII. It's hard for people today to understand..."
The Rules of Magic

"Franny and Bridget (Jet) along with their brother Vincent are part of the legendary Owen family of witches. Settling in..."
Right Where You Left Me

"Calla Devlin’s sophomore novel offers a look into what happens to those left behind after disaster. The story..."
Karma Khullar's Mustache

"WHAT I LOVED: Karma and the rest of the cast are flawed, well-drawn characters all too much like the soulless..."
Right Where You Left Me

"Right Where You Left Me’ is the story of Charlotte. Her mother is a Russian immigrate who works in the..."
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)

"I love this book, I even think it’s my favorite Shadowhunter book of them all! (Which is really saying a..."
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2)

"This book was amazing! So amazing! And so heart-breaking. I’m a mess, I need the third book NOW! The..."
Autoboyography

"Do you have tissues? No? Then put this book down and get some, you are going to need them! This..."
Three Day Summer

"August 15-18 is the anniversary of Woodstock music festival! and i relived that time by reading this book! i make..."
First We Were IV

"Remind me again to never read YA Thrillers at night. First We Were IV is a book that has haunted..."
The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love

"IT'S CONVENTION SEASON!!!! i pretty much picked this book up because I just went to Anime Expo 2017 and I'm..."
Scythe

"When I first started this book, I wasn’t sure I would finish it. I did and I loved..."
P.S. I Still Love You

"all i can feel about this book is envy... this book is just written so well. it still has the..."
Scythe

""I am your completion! I am your deliverance! I am your portal to the mysteries beyond this life!" I..."
For This Life Only

"Happy Easter Sunday! well, it's Monday already, but oh well! I'm so happy about this book! let me dive..."
Scythe

"Neal Shusterman doesn't hold back any punches with his newest book. I am a fan of Unwind, Bruiser, Everlost, and..."
Amina's Voice

"Amina (AH min ah) lives near Milwaukee, and enjoys being with her friend Soojin. She loves to sing, but doesn't..."