Review Detail

Fade to Us Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Romance and Sisterly Bonding

When Brooke's stepsister Natalie moves in, Brooke knows it's going to be an adjustment. Natalie has Asperger's and needs that little bit extra and Brooke wants to give it her all. Especially since she's longed for a sibling her whole life. Brooke finds herself spending more time doing events with Natalie and helping her adapt to her new setting as well.

After Natalie joins musical theater, Brooke takes the leap to be there for her and volunteer to be in the back stage crew. Here, she meets Micah. When they first meet, there's an instant attraction, but Micah is quick to dismiss it. He's the stage manager and she's the assistant. To him, that's all they can ever be or else it'll mess with the production. However, there's no denying what they feel happening between them.

I loved how this story didn't just revolve around romance. Instead, it shows how different it can be to live with someone who has Asperger's. I really enjoyed that side of it and the bonding that occurs between Natalie and Brooke. Micah and Brooke's relationship is completely different. It's a forbidden one, that neither can fend off.

Final Verdict: This is the perfect book for those who live with someone on the autism spectrum or who want to learn more. It's also good for those who like romance with a little bit more to the plot.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

First the vampires attacked. Then the angels came....

5.0 (1)
The Caged Queen
Kristen Ciccarelli’s distinct brand of lyrical, haunting fantasy continues in...

0.0 (0)
Someday
Every day a new body. Every day a new life....

0.0 (0)
#1 Bestseller on Kobo and Category Bestseller on Amazon! ...

4.8 (3)
What if you were the missing piece in one of...

0.0 (0)
The Babysitter's Club: Kristy's Big Day
Kristy's mom is getting married, and Kristy is going to...

0.0 (0)
The Very Last Castle
A curious little girl watches the man who guards the...

0.0 (0)
Jack B. Ninja
Jack B. Ninja! Jack, be quick! Jack, jump over the...

0.0 (0)
Emerge: The Assignment: An Immortals of Indriell Novella
She has devoted her life to training with the...

0.0 (0)
The Agony House
Denise Farber has just moved back to New Orleans...

0.0 (0)
Freak N Gorgeous
Everyone is ugly sometimes. In a world not unlike...

0.0 (0)
Twice Dead
Naya, the daughter of a sea merchant captain, nervously...

0.0 (0)
Legacy of Light (Legends of the Tri-Gard Book 2)
Death. Sacrifice. Betrayal. That is your curse. The seer's...

0.0 (0)
The Forest Queen
When sixteen-year-old Sylvie’s brother takes over management of their family’s...

0.0 (0)
Kendall's Snow Fort (Scholastic Reader Level 2: American Girl: Wellie Wishers)
There's a storm coming! The other WellieWishers promise to help...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Eerie

"if you look through my books here in goodreads, the paranormal genre does not belong here. but this book drew..."
Eerie

"Book 2 promises to just as good 8D with several new surprises ;)"
Eerie

"This book captured me from the very start! I fell in love with all of the characters...I fell in love..."
Eerie

"Love paranormal reads? How about ones that will keep you awake and at the edge of your seat? This..."
Eerie

"Wow it has been a long time since I have read a book with such a unique world. Bear..."
Eerie

"Is Eerie 2 coming out soon? I want it NOW! :-D"
Eerie

"I absolute LOVED the book and couldn't put it down, It starts out rather sweet with Holly and Hailey helping..."
Eerie

"Eerie is one of those books that you get lost in. You forget about reality and become part of the..."
Eerie

"Take The Magicians throw in some potter and a splash of whiskey and you're destined to have this masterpiece! ..."
Eerie

"I found Eerie by chance, or maybe fate, either way, I LOVED this book. C.M. McCoy captured the ambiance of..."
Eerie

"Eerie is a thrilling paranormal romance and an engaging mystery. Hailey Hartley enrolls into the ParaScience University in Alaska after..."
Eerie

"I love Eerie from beginning to end. What moved me was the dedication to finding out the reason why Hailey's..."
Eerie

"I've heard the book described as a cross between Twilight and Harry Potter. I'm not sure that does the story..."
Eerie

"I absolutely loved this book!! From the very beginning the author grabs your attention and holds it throughout the book...."
Eerie

" I love YA stories so I totally enjoyed Eerie. "
Eerie

"The only option I wish was available that wasn't was the text-to-speech on my Kindle."
Eerie

"Let's dig into EERIE, a YA Paranormal/Supernatural Romance novel. It is centered around a girl named Hailey, whose sister has..."
Eerie

"Eerie is a very unique book. If you like Irish dancing, murder, out-cast banshees, albino ghosts that pop out of..."