Review Detail

Fade to Us Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Romance and Sisterly Bonding

When Brooke's stepsister Natalie moves in, Brooke knows it's going to be an adjustment. Natalie has Asperger's and needs that little bit extra and Brooke wants to give it her all. Especially since she's longed for a sibling her whole life. Brooke finds herself spending more time doing events with Natalie and helping her adapt to her new setting as well.

After Natalie joins musical theater, Brooke takes the leap to be there for her and volunteer to be in the back stage crew. Here, she meets Micah. When they first meet, there's an instant attraction, but Micah is quick to dismiss it. He's the stage manager and she's the assistant. To him, that's all they can ever be or else it'll mess with the production. However, there's no denying what they feel happening between them.

I loved how this story didn't just revolve around romance. Instead, it shows how different it can be to live with someone who has Asperger's. I really enjoyed that side of it and the bonding that occurs between Natalie and Brooke. Micah and Brooke's relationship is completely different. It's a forbidden one, that neither can fend off.

Final Verdict: This is the perfect book for those who live with someone on the autism spectrum or who want to learn more. It's also good for those who like romance with a little bit more to the plot.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

On Blood Road (A Vietnam War Novel)
The last place on earth Taylor Sorenson wants to be...

0.0 (0)
Aiden is the son of a fisherman on the south...

0.0 (0)
A Thousand Sisters: The Heroic Airwomen of the Soviet Union in World War II
In the early years of World War II, Josef Stalin...

0.0 (0)
The Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the Plot to Kill Hitler
Adolf Hitler’s Nazi party is gaining strength and becoming more...

0.0 (0)
New Kid
Seventh grader Jordan Banks loves nothing more than drawing cartoons...

0.0 (0)
Watch Hollow
Deep within the enchanted woods in the town of Watch...

0.0 (0)
Giant Days
Based on the hit graphic-novel series from BOOM! Studios, the...

0.0 (0)
The Unteachables
The Unteachables are a notorious class of misfits, delinquents, and...

0.0 (0)
Tales from the Inner City is a collection of incredibly...

0.0 (0)
Gamer Army
After Rogan Webber levels up yet again on his favorite...

0.0 (0)
The world tilted for Elodee this year, and now it’s...

0.0 (0)
Right as Rain
It’s been almost a year since Rain’s brother Guthrie died,...

0.0 (0)
Charlie, Mac, and Maria managed to rescue the Project Chimera...

0.0 (0)
Bravelands #3: Blood and Bone
Set in the African savannah and told from three different...

0.0 (0)
Tom Gates Is Absolutely Fantastic (at Some Things) (#5)
Since Tom forgets everything, it’s not surprising that he forgot...

0.0 (0)
Soccer School Season 2: Where Soccer Explains (Saves) the World
Coaches Alex Bellos and Ben Lyttleton return with even more...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

All The Crooked Saints

"Loved this book from start to finish. Stiefvater was at her best with her prose here and the novel was..."
All Summer Long

" Austin and Bina have been inseparable friends since they were in diapers. The summer going into the eighth..."
The Red Ribbon

"Fourteen-year-old Ella is striped down and treated as subhuman by the Nazis and tries to survive. When she hears of..."
The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik

"What really stood out most for me in The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik was the writing. David Arnold has..."
All The Crooked Saints

""All the Crooked Saints" is YA fiction with a heavy dose of magical realism. The Soria family lives in Bicho..."
Seven Days of You

""Seven Days of You" follows Sophia during her last week in Tokyo, where she has lived for the last four..."
We Are Still Tornadoes

""We are Still Tornadoes" is an incredible insta-favorite! I am absolutely gushing about how much I loved this book! This..."
Naondel (The Red Abbey Chronicles #2)

"Though NAONDEL is the prequel to the first book in the Red Abbey Chronicles, MARESI, you do not have to..."

"The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik is just what its title promises--strange and fascinating! It's the kind of gripping read..."
All The Crooked Saints

"Trust me when I say no one was more stunned than me when I enjoyed All the Crooked Saints. ..."
Tempests and Slaughter

"I am a terrible fantasy fan. Why? Because I’ve never read a novel by Tamora Pierce. I am definitely..."
Life in Outer Space

"Life in Outer Space is one of the cutest and nerdiest books I’ve ever read. This contemporary quickly burrowed its..."
Neanderthal Opens The Door To The Universe

"In a galaxy far, far away, Admiral Ackbar is happily holding an advance copy of “Neanderthal Opens The Door To..."
What To Say Next

"I had fun meeting both David and Kit and I cannot wait to get the chance to re-read the book..."

"Reading the book is like looking at an abstract painting where I can appreciate the beauty of the art but..."
Words In Deep Blue

"This book is amazing. You NEED to read it!"
Kat and Meg Conquer the World

"WHAT I LOVED: The course of friendship, like love, doesn’t run smoothly. Epcot at Disney World nearly broke up my..."
Promises (New Beginnings #2)

"In 'Promises,' by Michelle Lynn, main character Maggie struggles to find her footing after a troubled childhood and difficult marriage...."
Flight Season

"Marquardt brilliantly weaves together a beautiful story about family, friends, and finding yourself. She shows how people facing very..."
Whale Talk

" T.J. lives in a small conservative Northwest town where his mixed race heritage sets him apart. He was adopted..."