Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Great fantasy novel

Phoenix Descending was a really interesting fantasy novel filled with action, adventure and a strong female character. Tori Kagari's family has been infected by the phoenix fever that has broken over the land of Drothidia. In order to save them she makes a deal with the Khadulians where she must infiltrate the queendom of Avarell under a false identity. It is a dangerous mission but Tori will do whatever it takes to save her family.

Tori was a strong and amazing main character. She knew how to fight, carry herself and was an overall great character! I loved Takumi! He was very clever and I'm sure very cute too. How cool would it be to have your own fox! I also quite liked Bramwell, he was though and concerned about those he cared about. Aurora, Wrena, Azalea, Logan and Theo were also great characters that I liked!

I found the plot really intriguing and exciting. It was fast paced, had some romance and was well written in a way that just drew me in for hours. The illustrations in the book were also nice. I enjoyed reading Phoenix Descending and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I would recommend Phoenix Descending to fans of fantasy!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

One Week of You
For Lizzy Winston, one week will change everything. Fifteen-year-old...

0.0 (0)
Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
She is from the past, locked inside a world...

4.6 (3)
Grenade
It's 1945, and the world is in the grip...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and...

0.0 (0)
Uncharted
Seventeen-year-old Annabeth prefers the fantasy of her books and...

0.0 (0)
Dark Divide
Secrets have a way of coming out. Divided by...

0.0 (0)
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)
Before humans, and before human history, there were the...

0.0 (0)
Heirs of the Round Table: Reclaiming Camelot
Imagine discovering that your ancestors were part of King Arthur's...

0.0 (0)
Wicked Nix
A visually stunning, middle-grade classic in the making about Wicked...

0.0 (0)
Journey of the Pale Bear
A runaway boy befriends a polar bear that’s being transported...

0.0 (0)
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)
When Wyatt gets framed for a friend’s crime, he thinks...

0.0 (0)
The Attack of the Plants: A Branches Book (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Next stop...The Magic School Bus heads to the Galapagos to...

0.0 (0)
Robot Farm (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Wanda proudly hosts this year's school harvest feast, but she...

0.0 (0)
Aphra's Child
Tula is a chimera in a world where chimera are...

0.0 (0)
One week on an Alaskan cruise, three teens, and an...

0.0 (0)
The Homework Strike
Gregory K. has too much homework. ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Field Tripped

"When the fifth graders of Liberty Falls Elementary School take there annual trip to Mink's Mystery Mansion, the children who..."
Fuzzy Freaks Out (Class Pets #3)

"Fuzzy and the other pets in Miss Wills' class 5-B are getting ready for Halloween. Fuzzy in particular is trying..."
Mr. Wolf's Class

"Mr. Wolf is starting his first year of teaching fourth grade. He sets up his classroom and waits for his..."
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School

"Waldo and Sassy are hard working dogs who scour the floor for meatballs and keep their humans' house safe from..."
Judy Moody Was in a Mood (Judy Moody #1)

"Judy is starting 3rd grade, and she is not pleased about it. Her family didn't go anywhere over the summer,..."
Perfectly Popular (The Wish Fairy #3)

"In this third book in the series, Brooke finally realizes that making wishes is a very delicate business, and the..."
Cody and the Rules of Life

"Cody's brother Wyatt has a new obsession-- a bicycle. Specifically, a very spiffy bike that he saves up a large..."
Izzy Kline Has Butterflies

"Izzy is wary of starting fourth grade and anxious about everything-- her parents' divorce, her older brother's pierced tongue and..."
Humphrey's Mixed-Up Magic Trick (Humphrey's Tiny Tales #5)

"When his class covers careers and the teacher asks students to pick one to present to the class, Humprey starts..."
My Weird School: Talent Show Mix-Up (I Can Read Level 2)

"A.J. is goaded into signing up for the school talent show by Andrea, his nemesis. Andrea has SOOOO Many talents..."
Undercover! (Emma is on the Air #4)

"Emma is back, and this time she finds a copy of Bridge to Terebithia in her school library that has..."
Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries #4)

"Eva is very excited about the new owl, Hailey, at her school. She tries very hard to be nice, making..."
Teddy Mars: Almost a Winner (Teddy Mars #2)

"Teddy is back after Teddy Mars: Almost a Record Breaker, and this time he is hard at work on a..."
Cleo Edison Oliver: Playground Millionaire

"Cleo is starting fifth grade, but her real passion is starting businesses. Her idol is Fortune A. Davies, who has..."
Eva and Sadie and the Best Classroom EVER!

"Sadie wants her little sister, Eva to be ready for Kindergarten. She attempts to teach her EVERYTHING she thinks..."
Little Rabbit Goes to School

"In this installment of the Little Rabbit series, Little Rabbit is off to school for the first time. He..."
Rosie Goes to Preschool

"Our family are big fans of Karen Katz so I jumped at the chance to review her latest book. It..."
Piper Green and the Fairy Tree: Too Much Good Luck (Piper Green #2)

"In this second book, Piper is happy about all of the good things going on in her life, like her..."
Piper Green and the Fairy Tree

"Piper is starting second grade, and because she lives on Peek-a-Book island off the coast of Maine, she has to..."
Marty McGuire Has Too Many Pets!

"A fabulous glimpse into the sometimes crazy, always fun world of talent shows at school, Marty McGuire Has Too Many..."