Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Amazing!

I really enjoyed reading The Raven Boys. It was filled with mystery, magic and adventure.

The Raven Boys had a great plot that was well written. It had some unexpected elements and twist to the story. And I loved the combination of psychic elements, ghost, magic and more!

Gansey and his friends are on quest to discover a king and Blue is somehow connected to it. Together they try to find out where the king is buried but someone else is also searching for the king too.

I loved the characters. The friendship between Gansey, Ronan, Adam and Noah was real and truly something great. I also liked how Blue fit in with them and clicked immediately. Blue's family; Maura, Persephone, Orla and Calla were also as interesting and unique as Blue.

I really loved diving into The Raven Boys and can't wait to see what Blue and the raven boys do next!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

One Week of You
For Lizzy Winston, one week will change everything. Fifteen-year-old...

0.0 (0)
Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
She is from the past, locked inside a world...

4.6 (3)
Grenade
It's 1945, and the world is in the grip...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and...

0.0 (0)
Uncharted
Seventeen-year-old Annabeth prefers the fantasy of her books and...

0.0 (0)
Dark Divide
Secrets have a way of coming out. Divided by...

0.0 (0)
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)
Before humans, and before human history, there were the...

0.0 (0)
Heirs of the Round Table: Reclaiming Camelot
Imagine discovering that your ancestors were part of King Arthur's...

0.0 (0)
Wicked Nix
A visually stunning, middle-grade classic in the making about Wicked...

0.0 (0)
Journey of the Pale Bear
A runaway boy befriends a polar bear that’s being transported...

0.0 (0)
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)
When Wyatt gets framed for a friend’s crime, he thinks...

0.0 (0)
The Attack of the Plants: A Branches Book (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Next stop...The Magic School Bus heads to the Galapagos to...

0.0 (0)
Robot Farm (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Wanda proudly hosts this year's school harvest feast, but she...

0.0 (0)
Aphra's Child
Tula is a chimera in a world where chimera are...

0.0 (0)
One week on an Alaskan cruise, three teens, and an...

0.0 (0)
The Homework Strike
Gregory K. has too much homework. ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Lies We Tell Ourselves

"Set in Virgina in 1959, Lies We Tell Ourselves is the story of two girls on the opposite sides of..."
Lies We Tell Ourselves

"What I Loved: As soon as you hear the premise of lesbians of different races falling in love during desegregation,..."
The Freedom Maze

"The Freedom Maze is a stunning work, the result of 18 years of research and writing. From it's endearing main..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Jared                 This was a book about a ten year old boy named Thomas who moved..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Antwon The House Of Dies Drere is a story about Thomas and his family moving into..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Haley B. Summary:  This is an intriguing story about a boy names Thomas and his family. ..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Kai Greywall    The Small family get un-friendly welcome to the house of Dies Drear. The..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Ashley jones This is a book full of edge-of-your-seat suspense. Thomas Small, a kid from..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Tionne Stubblefield A boy, Thomas Small is on the road to Ohio. To see his new house,but..."
House of Dies Drear

"Reader reviewed by Mushfequr Rahman Thomas Small is a young boy that is moving to a rural area in Ohio...."
Let the Circle Be Unbroken

"Reader reviewed by peacechik this book is a really good sequel to the book, roll of thunder, hear my cry...."
Invisible Man

"Reader reviewed by Jinxie This is a great book that goes beyond just racial tensions as a black man tries to succeed..."
Imani All Mine

"Reader reviewed by undercover reader Tasha lives in the projects of Buffulo, New York. One night at the skating rink..."
Flyy Girl

"Reader reviewed by Denisa I had heard so much about this book and was SUPER exited to read it. After..."
Invisible Man

"Reader reviewed by Dylana I picked up this book because I heard it was a classic and very good. It's..."
Flyy Girl

"Reader reviewed by Brandi When I first read this book, I was only about 15, 16 years old. My older..."
Flyy Girl

"Reader reviewed by Pooh Flyy Girl by Omar Tyree was the best book I had never readed! It was so..."
Flyy Girl

"Reader reviewed by snailshot Omar Tyree's novel is advertised as an "urban classic". I must say that most urban teen..."
Flyy Girl

"Reader reviewed by Teedie I really liked it because it really relates to what teens go trough today. I hope..."
Flyy Girl

"Reader reviewed by Sharifa When i read this book and finished i was like ong this book is so good..."