Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Amazing!

I really enjoyed reading The Raven Boys. It was filled with mystery, magic and adventure.

The Raven Boys had a great plot that was well written. It had some unexpected elements and twist to the story. And I loved the combination of psychic elements, ghost, magic and more!

Gansey and his friends are on quest to discover a king and Blue is somehow connected to it. Together they try to find out where the king is buried but someone else is also searching for the king too.

I loved the characters. The friendship between Gansey, Ronan, Adam and Noah was real and truly something great. I also liked how Blue fit in with them and clicked immediately. Blue's family; Maura, Persephone, Orla and Calla were also as interesting and unique as Blue.

I really loved diving into The Raven Boys and can't wait to see what Blue and the raven boys do next!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Kai's summer changes when she gets a summer internship at...

4.3 (1)
Zoe is just your average teenage girl expecting another average,...

0.0 (0)
Frango & Chicken
Some things seem impossible, but with the right attitude and...

0.0 (0)
Ruby Lane
Ruby is overexcited again, and her brain is spinning creative...

0.0 (0)
Girl Gone Ghost
A gripping psychological thriller. Inspired by a...

0.0 (0)
Resist: 35 Profiles of Ordinary People Who Rose Up Against Tyranny and Injustice
A perfect tool for young readers as they grow into...

0.0 (0)
The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle
From the critically acclaimed author of Waiting for Normal and...

0.0 (0)
Side by Side A Novel of Bonnie and Clyde
Texas: 1931. It’s the height of the Great Depression, and...

0.0 (0)
Voyage of the Dogs
SOS. Ship damaged. Human crew missing. We are...

0.0 (0)
Flying in a Cage
A song tugs inside me, like a string pulling...

0.0 (0)
Shorty & Clem Blast Off!
The energetic and zany duo Shorty and Clem are back,...

0.0 (0)
Bear's Spooky Book of Hidden Things: Halloween Seek-and-Find
If you want to keep kids happily busy for hours...

0.0 (0)
Strange New World
Dahlia 16's life is a lie. The city of...

0.0 (0)
Like Never And Always
Liv Burnham thinks nobody knows Morgan Frost like she...

0.0 (0)
The Outcasts- The Blood Dagger: Volume 1
Mystical relics. Powerful vampires. Strange allies. It's hell being...

0.0 (0)
Ascent (A Peak Marcello Adventure #3)
After conquering the mountains in Afghanistan, Peak Marcello goes...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

My Sweet Audrina

"Right, I predicted bout the mystery floating around Audrina life, but then ending shocked me. Audrina is a sweet..."
Deception Point

N/A
"I had a hard time putting it down once i started reading this. very informative and knowledgeable. and the plot..."

"This is the best book about surviving that I have read, it's on my top 5 list. My favorite part..."

"I learned early on that the books required to read in school are not so bad. This was one of..."

"Finding what makes guys work is a hot topic in a lot of YA novels. This one was a bit..."
Pay It Forward

"I've seen the movie Pay It Forward multiple times so when my english teacher suggested we read the novel for..."
Deception Point

"Deception Point Book Review “Exceedingly clever…. Fascinating and fun…a considerable achievement.” is the praise that the Washington post gave to..."

N/A
"I think the book is ok, but i feel that some people will like it learning wise, not that much..."

"Reader reviewed by Raelyn             Hatchet is the most exciting and thrilling book Ive ever read. It is about..."
Violet Eyes

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie This was a beautiful re-telling of The Princess and The Pea. The book was fantastic! It..."

"Reader reviewed by ccc I think hatchet was awesome!!!!!!!!!! It showed survival skills that I didn't even know.          I guess a..."
Fearless (Fearless #1)

"Reader reviewed by random one fearless is a book with a message that will stick..."

"Reader reviewed by Brittany The book, My Sister's Keeper, was written by Jodi Picoult in 2006, an award nominee..."
Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger #5)

"Reader reviewed by Jess I really liked this book, so much so that I have read and reread the entire..."

"Reader reviewed by jenn this book is absolutely amazing and a five star rating hands down. this is the first..."
Truth or Dare (Fear Street #28)

"Reader reviewed by Chaellee Typical Stine work. Several teens are stuck in a ski house waiting for the roads to..."
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

"Reader reviewed by Mairi This book is, essentially, Stephen King's memoir, but, as the title suggests, it focuses on writing,..."
No Place Like Home

"Reader reviewed by Ashley Liza Barton killed her mother when she was ten and shot her step-father numerous times...."

"Reader reviewed by amanda  although this story is reall really really sad( i cried) it is one of my favorites,..."