Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Wonderful

The Beautiful Lost was an amazing, emotional and wonderful novel.

The main character, Maia has struggled with depression ever since her mother left her. Maia was really close to her mother and remembered everything she thought her. They also share a love for whales.

She decides to set off on a road trip in search of her mother hoping that might make her feel like her old, happy self again. And her crush, Billy decides to tag along.

Maia and Billy set off on a journey of self discovery. As they go along, they start to discover they have a lot in common. They also start to understand each other a lot better.

The Beautiful Lost explores the issues of depression. Luanne Rice has written a beautiful novel of self discovery and learning to cope with depression.

I really enjoyed reading this novel and joining Maia and Billy on this journey. This was a very heartfelt novel that I recommend everyone should read.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Smart Cookie
Sometimes you need to keep a few secrets. ...

0.0 (0)
Brightly Burning
Stella Ainsley leaves poverty behind when she quits her engineering...

0.0 (0)
All's Faire in Middle School
Eleven-year-old Imogene (Impy) has grown up with two parents working...

0.0 (0)
No Sad Songs
Following a family tragedy, 18-year-old Gabe LoScuda suddenly finds...

0.0 (0)
Blood Magic (Abnormals Underground #1)
Turned into a vampire at the age of two,...

0.0 (0)
The 11:11 Wish
Megan Meyers has a foolproof plan to reinvent herself...

0.0 (0)
Dragonkyn
Marc used to think he was pretty ordinary, but...

0.0 (0)
Fragile Facade (Blind Barriers Trilogy #1)
The Brightest Smiles Hide the Darkest Secrets.... When Raven...

0.0 (0)
This Tiny Perfect World
The big-hearted story of a small-town girl who discovers...

0.0 (0)
The Silver Mask
A generation ago, Constantine Madden came close to achieving what...

0.0 (0)
The Tombs
New York, 1882. A dark, forbidding city, and no place...

0.0 (0)
Children of Exile
Rosi must decide what she’s willing to risk to save...

0.0 (0)
Teeth of the Gods
Chained to an enemy general. Determined to be free....

0.0 (0)
The Vampire Trick (Dark World: The Vampire Wish 3)
In a kingdom full of secrets, no one can...

0.0 (0)
I Am Alfonso Jones
Alfonso Jones can't wait to play the role of...

0.0 (0)
Unearthed
From the New York Times best-selling author duo Amie...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Can't Stay Away (Sweet Valley High Senior Year #1)

AshAsh
"Years later after reading this and I STILL love this book. Will, Lila, Melissa. Ugh! Gotta love snotty people, cheaters,..."
Fearless (Fearless #1)

"Reader reviewed by random one fearless is a book with a message that will stick..."
Double Love (Sweet Valley High #1)

"Reader reviewed by Bani This series and the many before it really cemented my love of reading. It is just..."
All Night Long (Sweet Valley High #5)

"Reader reviewed by Cowgirl Another exciting SVH book! Jessica has scored a new boyfriend - a college..."
All Night Long (Sweet Valley High #5)

"Reader reviewed by Cowgirl Yet another adventure in the "Sweet Valley High" series! Jessica finds herself in trouble when..."
Power Play (Sweet Valley High #4)

"Reader reviewed by Cowgirl Robin isn't the slimmest girl in town. In fact, shes far from it. So..."
The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins #3)

"Reader reviewed by K. Hager This book in the Sweet valley Twins series takes on an old..."
The It Guy (Sweet Valley High Senior Year #21)

"Reader reviewed by K. Hager I actually liked the updated, newer Sweet Valley series. For one they were..."

"Reader reviewed by TheBookworm Go Elizabeth, were rooting for you! Double Love by Francine Pascal 4 out of 5..."

"Reader reviewed by GirlwiththeBraids Sweet Valley High: Double Love by Francine Pascal Elizabeth Wakefield is a blameless, innocent highschooler..."
The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins #3)

"Reader reviewed by rachpaige11 Yes so I, fifteen year old teenage girl decided to sit down and read a book..."
Fearless (Fearless #1)

"Reader reviewed by *Mix* In this book Gaia is in New York. She becomes friends with Ed Fargo and enemies..."
Fearless (Fearless #1)

"Reader reviewed by eama4444 When I first heard this series was by the author of Sweet Valley High I was..."
Escape (Fearless #26)

"Reader reviewed by eama4444 The author had a perfectly good out with an admittedly sappy, cheesy ending, but she must..."
Shock (Fearless #27)

"Reader reviewed by eama4444 I was already dissapointed with the last book, for "resurrecting" the dead, but now it seems..."
Before Gaia (Fearless Super Edition #1)

"Reader reviewed by Nour This book was absolutely suspenful as it informs the reader of blank spots that they were..."
Heat (Fearless #8)

"Reader reviewed by Nour Gaia is angered about the death of her friend Mary. She suspects that the drug dealer..."
Betrayed (Fearless #24)

"Reader reviewed by Nour In "normal" Gaia lifestyle, she has to worry about Ed from being caught in her..."
Flee (Fearless #17)

"Reader reviewed by Nour Gaia felt that she no longer can stay with the Mosses' because it reminds her of..."
Sam (Fearless #2)

"Reader reviewed by Aimee "Somebody wants me dead. And he's probably going to succeed. Very soon. There's something I have..."