Review Detail

No Good Deed Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Weird, Witty, and Brilliant

No Good Deed is the book you didn’t know you needed in your life.

Goldy Moldavsky has been an author that has really stood apart from other authors because of her unique and refreshing books. Everything about them, from the writing style, to the plot, to the characters that are so edgy, smart, and laugh-out-loud funny. KILL THE BOYBAND, her debut novel, had me in tears from laughing so hard and that was no different in this one.

I have been waiting for this book to come out since the second it was announced (and even had a different title). It did not disappoint.

No Good Deed follows Gregor Maravilla as he heads to a camp called “Camp Save the World”, and finds that is something completely different from what he could’ve ever expected. Right off the bat he is introduced to the famous Ashley Woodstone (you might recognize her if you’ve read Kill the Boyband), who had me in tears during her first scene (hint: it involves eating dirt). From then on we are introduced to a diverse group of characters- in every way. Each person in the story had their own little stories which showed them changing and growing, just as Gregor did.

Final thoughts?

There is so much I loved. The strange, hilarious, and ridiculous characters who always kept this story moving. The weirdness. The perfect one-liners. The messages behind it all.

There is something very unique about the way the author is able to make her readers laugh throughout the entire book, while also speaking about some incredibly important issues. It’s not often you find books like that, so I highly recommend trying this one out! I for one cannot wait to read more by her.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Silver Mask
A generation ago, Constantine Madden came close to achieving what...

0.0 (0)
Children of Exile
Rosi must decide what she’s willing to risk to save...

0.0 (0)
Teeth of the Gods
Chained to an enemy general. Determined to be free....

0.0 (0)
The Vampire Trick (Dark World: The Vampire Wish 3)
In a kingdom full of secrets, no one can...

0.0 (0)
I Am Alfonso Jones
Alfonso Jones can't wait to play the role of...

0.0 (0)
Unearthed
From the New York Times best-selling author duo Amie...

0.0 (0)
The Boyfriend Agreement
Fake boyfriends are hard work. When 16-year-old Bella’s dream...

0.0 (0)
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone
Eighteen-year-old twins Adina and Tovah have little in common...

0.0 (0)
Believarexic
Asking for help is only the first step. ...

0.0 (0)
Graveyard Shakes
Katia and Victoria are sisters and scholarship students at a...

0.0 (0)
Black Star Renegades
In the tradition of Star Wars, a galaxy-hopping space adventure...

0.0 (0)
This Tiny Perfect World
The big-hearted story of a small-town girl who discovers how...

0.0 (0)
The Last to Let Go
A twisted tragedy leaves Brooke and her siblings on their...

0.0 (0)
Pretty Dead Girls
Beautiful. Perfect. Dead. In the...

0.0 (0)
By a Charm and a Curse
A kiss is never just a kiss. ...

0.0 (0)
Naondel (The Red Abbey Chronicles #2)
Booklist called Maresi “utterly satisfying and completely different from standard...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Darker Still (Magic Most Foul #1)

"Darker Still is a charming little book. It will captives readers everywhere with its crazy yet also logical sense of..."

"Genre: Young Adult Historical Paranormal Romance Rating: Older Teen (sensuality and minor sexuality, minor language, drug use, violence and minor..."
The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart (Magic Most Foul #2)

"Leanna Renee Hieber has done it again! This time, she re-imagines the classic Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - with her..."

"I could not put this book down! Leanna Renee Hieber has an amazing ability to bring her writing to life:..."

"I heard a lot of mixed reviews about this book. I went into it thinking it was just going to..."

"I suppose I should have known after a string of good reads that I would soon be in for a..."

"This book never really clicked with me, I do not know why, but I did not feel the connection that..."

N/A
"I never really connected with Natalie. I think it was because I had such high expectations for her and her..."

"I have The Picture of Dorian Gray sitting on my shelf and I have yet to read it. Having read..."

"This novel has all the elements a reader could want: danger, romance and a "good vs. evil" conflict - all..."

"I really enjoyed this! Lovely plot, characters, and voice. Typically, I'm not the right reader for epistolary novels; the..."

"This Gothic tale wraps around you and doesn't let go. The whole premise of a handsome Lord being trapped..."