Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Even better than the first one!

Holy crap! What can I say about this book? I'm not a huge sci fi reader, but I absolutely loved this book (both of them). First, the packaging. This book is just amazing. The artwork really added a lot. Hanna and Nik were kickass new characters. I loved Ella, too. The whole story flowed well and it was so hard to put down. I had all kinds of emotions. A little bit of tears at one point and a whole lot of "holy shit" moments. Those parasite things were nuts and really freaked me out. Quite a bit of violence and tons of action. I cannot wait for the next one!

Good Points
Great pacing.
Full of action and violence.
Amazing illustrations.
A great continuation of the series.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Right Where You Left Me
In search of the perfect story to put a human...

0.0 (0)
Lucky Broken Girl
Based on the author's childhood in the 1960s, a young...

0.0 (0)
Coming Up For Air
Swim. Eat. Shower. School. Snack. Swim. Swim. Swim. Dinner....

0.0 (0)
Our Broken Pieces
The only thing worse than having your boyfriend dump...

0.0 (0)
Landscape with Invisible Hand
National Book Award winner M. T. Anderson returns to...

0.0 (0)
The 12 Dares of Christa
Christa is a holiday junkie. What’s not to love?...

0.0 (0)
Invictus
Farway Gaius McCarthy was born outside of time. The...

4.0 (1)
A Short History of the Girl Next Door
The unrequited love of the girl next door is...

0.0 (0)
Dear Martin
ustyce McAllister is top of his class and set for...

0.0 (0)
Come Home, Angus
Angus woke up mad and knew today was not his...

0.0 (0)
Rulers of the Playground
A stunning picture book about sharing, friendship, and kindness in...

0.0 (0)
June Sparrow and the Million Dollar Penny
June Sparrow and her best friend—a miniature pig named Indigo...

0.0 (0)
Story Sparks:  Finding Your Best Story Ideas & Turning Them into Compelling Fiction
Find rock-solid story ideas before you start writing ...

0.0 (0)
The Elect
For the past thirteen years, the Foundation has ruled Belstrana...

0.0 (0)
The Girl in the Tower
A remarkable young woman blazes her own trail, from the...

0.0 (0)
Soul Mates by J Butterworth
Alex is born into a future society were at birth...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Nevermore (Nevermore #1)

" It's great! What I love the most is how dark and gritty the world felt. It was so cool..."
How to Disappear

"I am so absolutely in love with Sharon Huss Roat. Her books are funny, relatable, and so easily devoured. I..."
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)

"Possible spoilers ahead. Angelfall is most definitely a unique story with a dark twist on angels and the apocalypse..."
172 Hours on the Moon

"172 Hours on the Moon was an interesting novel. It was full of suspense, thrills, and horror. The author crafted..."
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)

"This book follows Penryn, a young girl living in a dystopian world where angels have conquered the world and have..."
Vampire Academy: Last Sacrifice (Book 6)

"Rose Hathaway and Princess Valissa Dragomir must uncover the mysteries going on in St. Vladamir's Academy and their world. St...."
Thirteen Reasons Why

"Definitely the reason why I decided to reread this was because of the show. and now that I finished reading..."
Thirteen Reasons Why

"Thirteen Reasons Why (stylised as Th1rteen R3eason Why) follows shy high school teenager Clay Jensen. Clay has received a..."
L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy #1)

"This is is not very good but for some reason I kind of enjoyed it. It's going to be one..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"Anna's father decides he's going to send Anna to a international boarding school in Paris. It's her senior year and..."
Allegiant (Divergent #3)

"The Divergent series comes to an end as Tris, Tobias and the gang venture outside the fence. This was another..."
Vampire Academy: Last Sacrifice (Book 6)

"4.5 stars! Action packed and filled with humor, the Vampire Academy series is a great read for teens. Richelle Mead..."
Ready Player One

"I have to say that I think this will be a must read for everyone although I think that those..."
Wake (Watersong #1)

"This book is really good! I loved it so much and I can't wait to read more of the series!..."
Anywhere But Here

"I really enjoyed this book. It was very interesting. It always kept you wondering what was gonna happen next. Cole..."
The Fire Horse Girl

"A captivating gem of a story—an absolute treasure. I hated having to put it down to attend to ‘real life,’..."
Falling (Fade Series #2)

"Kailin Gow proves to be a master storyteller in Fade. This book series won the Benjamin Franklin Silver Honor Award..."
Fever (Fade #4)

"Kailin Gow proves to be a master storyteller in Fade. This book series won the Benjamin Franklin Silver Honor Award..."
Fade (Fade Series #1)

"Kailin Gow proves to be a master storyteller in Fade. This book series won the Benjamin Franklin Silver Honor..."
Shrapnel

"Intriguing story, great cast of characters, and a historical haunting make for a suspenseful read. "