Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Amazing!

This was an excellent and captivating fantasy book!

Olive Kennedy has lived half her life in the magical world of Faythander that is inhabited by dragons, elves, wults, pixies and goblins. Now she lives in Earth Kingdom trying to fit in until her godson gets ill and she is thrust back into Faythander.

Dreamthief was a combination on fantasy, magic, action, romance and a bit of humor. We were introduced to a lot of Faythander's unique population and it's beautiful world.

The characters were great. I really liked Kull's and Heidel's bravery, Fan'twar's loyalty to Olive, and of course Olive's love for her godson!

With a well written plot and a lot of mystery, Dreamthief was an amazing read and I am looking forward to following Olive in her next adventure! I would recommend this book to fans of fantasy, action and magic.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Words on Bathroom Walls
Adam has just been diagnosed with schizophrenia. He sees and...

0.0 (0)
Trell
On a hot summer night in the late 1980s, in...

0.0 (0)
The Ultimate Guide to Gardening (Craft It Yourself)
Full of how-to projects for any level of gardener, this...

0.0 (0)
This Darkness Mine
Sasha Stone knows her place—first-chair clarinet, top of her class,...

0.0 (0)
Right Where You Left Me
In search of the perfect story to put a human...

0.0 (0)
Lucky Broken Girl
Based on the author's childhood in the 1960s, a young...

0.0 (0)
Coming Up For Air
Swim. Eat. Shower. School. Snack. Swim. Swim. Swim. Dinner....

0.0 (0)
Our Broken Pieces
The only thing worse than having your boyfriend dump...

0.0 (0)
Landscape with Invisible Hand
National Book Award winner M. T. Anderson returns to...

0.0 (0)
The 12 Dares of Christa
Christa is a holiday junkie. What’s not to love?...

0.0 (0)
Invictus
Farway Gaius McCarthy was born outside of time. The...

4.0 (1)
A Short History of the Girl Next Door
The unrequited love of the girl next door is...

0.0 (0)
Dear Martin
Justyce McAllister is top of his class and set for...

0.0 (0)
Come Home, Angus
Angus woke up mad and knew today was not his...

0.0 (0)
Rulers of the Playground
A stunning picture book about sharing, friendship, and kindness in...

0.0 (0)
June Sparrow and the Million Dollar Penny
June Sparrow and her best friend—a miniature pig named Indigo...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

A Court of Wings and Ruin

"Alright warning time. As with most books that I read, this has been labeled problematic. Though this one is completely..."
Wintersong

"This is going to be more like a rant/review than just a review. I am honestly proud that I finished..."
Roar (Stormheart #1)

N/A
"DNF PAGE 133 - I hate DNFing a book. I hardly ever do it. I personally feel like I'm giving..."
Mask of Shadows

"Okay I loved the premise of this book and I love the fact that it features a Genderfluid MC but..."
Hunted

"What I love most about this book is the setting. Medieval Russia, like hell yeah sign me up! I love..."
Even the Darkest Stars

"Kamzin dreams of being an explorer, climbing mountains, and finding adventures. When a twist of fate allows her to journey..."
Fireblood (Frostblood #2)

" Fireblood is the sequel to Frostblood and thus follows Ruby as her journey furthers..."
Frostblood

"Frostblood follows a young girl through a journey of revenge and romance. Ruby is a Fireblood, one of the last..."
Beyond the Doors

"When their dad falls into a coma and their mom is nowhere to be found, the Rothbaum siblings are forced..."
Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2)

"Holy crap! What can I say about this book? I'm not a huge sci fi reader, but I absolutely loved..."
Mask of Shadows

" I really enjoyed Mask of Shadows. I'm pretty sure this is the first book I've read with a..."
The Afterlife of Holly Chase

"Five years ago, seventeen-year-old Holly Chase was visited by three ghosts on Christmas Eve. They warned her to change her..."
The City of Brass

"Where do I start with this book? Well you better prepare for some late nights because once I started this..."
This Savage Song

"This Savage Song is a uniquely peculiar novel that cleverly combines magic, monsters and music. Dark, violent and monstrous, the..."
Uni the Unicorn and the Dream Come True

"In UNI THE UNICORN AND THE DREAM COME TRUE, magic is weakening amongst the unicorns because of the never-ending rain...."
Mask of Shadows

"MASK OF SHADOWS by Linsey Miller features Sal Leon, a genderfluid thief who wants nothing more than to exact revenge..."
Loved (House of Night Other World series, Book 1)

"Zoe and the Nerd Herd from the House of Night Series have returned for another adventure in LOVED. All of..."
The Tiger's Watch (Ashes of Gold #1)

"Tashi has had a rough life. With the power of an inhabitor, someone who bonds with an animal, they have..."
Ash And Quill: The Great Library

"ASH AND QUILL is the third installment of The Great Library Series. Jess and his group of friends live in..."
The Monstrous Child

"THIS MONSTROUS CHILD is about how Hel, a young teenage girl came to rule the underworld and how she and..."