Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Addictive and Engaging!

Omega is an addictive, engaging adventure that effortlessly combines fantasy, greek mythology, and dystopia. Not only does our MC Lyssa entertain a few monsters, she can also see the strands of life and thus can create or destroy anything as she sees fit. Once again reunited with two of her past creations, her journey is kickstarted into a dangerous game not only of politics and war, but of romance and sacrifices.

Lyssa is brave and strong, as she was raised to survive. She can fight and hold her own when isolated in a forest with little resources. However, being raised by Preists who only wanted to keep her safe by keeping her isolated and unaware of the outside world, Lyssa is met with certain disadvantages when she finally gets introduced to the world outside of her forest. Foolish and optimistic, she walks right into disaster multiple times. She always finds a way out however. She learns a lot in this first novel and it is amazing to see how much she grows in such a short time merely by being introduced to a world she never new about.

Adonis is my favourite character in the novel and he is what made this book so amazing for me. It was easy to get attached to him, creature by night and man by day. He is cold and intelligent, loyal and trusting and just overall a brilliant character. He was shown little love and loyalty growing up and yet he is not so damaged that he can't be loyal. He is protective and honest. I loved ever minute with him and I hope we can see much more of him in the next novel!

As brilliant as the characters are, the world could use a little more detail. Gods and humans are at war, and some of the most powerful people want to control Lyssa for their own political gains or revenge. We know this. However it is hard to visualize where they all are on a map and how it works. Are they like the US and Canada, each with their own cities, people, and rulers? How are they all so close together and yet all have their own power of reinging?

Overall, this is an intense start to the series and I definitly want to read the next book asap!

Good Points
Brilliant characters
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Worst Fairy Godmother Ever!
Q: What do you need to become a great fairy...

0.0 (0)
Drum Roll, Please
Find the confidence to rock out to your own beat...

0.0 (0)
Everless (Everless #1)
In the kingdom of Sempera, time is currency—extracted from blood,...

0.0 (0)
Lifeline
Popular high school senior Eli Ross has the perfect life....

0.0 (0)
Would you risk it all for love? A high-ranking official’s...

0.0 (0)
Kristen McDonald has dreamed of being crowned prom queen for...

0.0 (0)
FRANKIE FRETINI has had a horrible year. And, just when...

0.0 (0)
Jackson and Samantha live modestly in a small apartment in...

0.0 (0)
Devils Unto Dust
Keep together. Keep your eyes open. Keep your wits about...

0.0 (0)
The Traitor's Game
Jennifer A. Nielsen introduces us to an unforgettable new heroine...

0.0 (0)
BetterThanThis_500.jpg
What can keep a dream alive? ...

0.0 (0)
The Poet X
Fans of Jacqueline Woodson, Meg Medina, and Jason Reynolds will...

0.0 (0)
Zenith: The Androma Saga
Most know Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness, a powerful...

0.0 (0)
The Hall Monitors Are Fired!
Pick a book. Grow a Reader! ...

0.0 (0)
Miles Away From You
It's been three years since Miles fell for Vivian, a...

0.0 (0)
Winter Glass (Spindle Fire #2)
A curse comes undone. A kingdom shatters. But some bonds...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy (Bloody Jack #1)

"This first-person present-tense piece of historical YA fiction begins a bit like a Charles Dicken’s work—eighteenth-century London, poor destitute orphan,..."
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)

"This one took a while to get into. I didn't warm much to Grace. She didn't seem to have much..."
Thirteen Reasons Why

"Definitely the reason why I decided to reread this was because of the show. and now that I finished reading..."
Thirteen Reasons Why

"Thirteen Reasons Why (stylised as Th1rteen R3eason Why) follows shy high school teenager Clay Jensen. Clay has received a..."
Tiger Eyes

"4.5 Stars A great and emotional read. A young teenage girl; Davey struggles with the loss of her father..."
The Lonely Hearts Club

" 4.5 Stars! This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane..."
The Lonely Hearts Club

"4.5 Stars! This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane is..."
Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

"I (Erin) bought this one as a “blind date” from Malaprops. They wrap books in brown paper and write things..."

"The Deathday Letter by Shaun David Hutchinson is a young adult standalone novel. This is not the first book by..."

"Nick O’Leary, the straight bass player in queercore punk band, is playing at a club in downtown Manhattan when he..."

"This is not one of my favorite books, it's a bit too sad for me. I will say that this..."
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1)

"When I first read this book in 2010 I hated it. I thought it was overrated and boring. It also..."
The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2)

"This installment starts right where Glass Houses ended, which is great because now we have no time lapse to try..."
Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

"I love this series more than life itself. Georgia is hilarious and someone we can all relate to. Non-stop..."

"As the title suggests The Diary of a Part-Time Indian is written in a first person episodic diary format. The..."

"This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2016/12/summer-by-jeff-mariotte.html Kerry is far away from home, working a summer job..."

"The plot in itself made me curious to read it. And the story itself gave me a roller coaster ride...."

"Stargirl is short, sweet, and it makes you look at the world in a whole new way. Everyone should read..."
Speak

" “I have never heard a more eloquent silence.” A noteworthy forerunner in the teen “Issues” subgenre,..."
Empress of the World (Battle Hall Davies #1)

" This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/empress-of-world-by-sara-ryan.html Nicola is taking a summer course in archaeology at..."