Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Wicked Lovely

This fast paced, action packed series is focused on the world that is filled with a variety of faeries that are invisible to humans. These are not the nice, friendly faeries from tales but fearsome creatures they prey upon humans. The first book follows a young girl, Aislinn, who has the ability to see the faeries for what they are. She is chosen, against her efforts, by the Summer King to undergo a trial to become his long lost Summer Queen. Together they must face trials, challenges and the terrifying faerie world.

The entire series follows a variety of character some human, some faeries from the Summer Court, Dark Court, Winter Court and the High Court. The range of characters keeps the series fast paced and interest with very few slow moments.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Clink A Story of Cyberbullying
Click is the heroic story of a young girl who...

0.0 (0)
On Blood Road (A Vietnam War Novel)
The last place on earth Taylor Sorenson wants to be...

0.0 (0)
Aiden is the son of a fisherman on the south...

0.0 (0)
A Thousand Sisters: The Heroic Airwomen of the Soviet Union in World War II
In the early years of World War II, Josef Stalin...

0.0 (0)
The Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the Plot to Kill Hitler
Adolf Hitler’s Nazi party is gaining strength and becoming more...

0.0 (0)
New Kid
Seventh grader Jordan Banks loves nothing more than drawing cartoons...

0.0 (0)
Watch Hollow
Deep within the enchanted woods in the town of Watch...

0.0 (0)
Giant Days
Based on the hit graphic-novel series from BOOM! Studios, the...

0.0 (0)
The Unteachables
The Unteachables are a notorious class of misfits, delinquents, and...

0.0 (0)
Tales from the Inner City
Tales from the Inner City is a collection of incredibly...

0.0 (0)
Gamer Army
After Rogan Webber levels up yet again on his favorite...

0.0 (0)
The world tilted for Elodee this year, and now it’s...

0.0 (0)
Right as Rain
It’s been almost a year since Rain’s brother Guthrie died,...

0.0 (0)
Charlie, Mac, and Maria managed to rescue the Project Chimera...

0.0 (0)
Bravelands #3: Blood and Bone
Set in the African savannah and told from three different...

0.0 (0)
Tom Gates Is Absolutely Fantastic (at Some Things) (#5)
Since Tom forgets everything, it’s not surprising that he forgot...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Fangirl

""Fangirl" was a fun and sweet story, similar in tone to Eleanor & Park. Cath and her twin sister have..."
The Spellbook of Katrina Van Tassel: A Story of Sleepy Hollow

" "The Spellbook of Katrina Van Tassel" is a retelling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow from the point-of-view of..."
The Spellbook of Katrina Van Tassel: A Story of Sleepy Hollow

"A romantic, female-driven gothic tale of star-crossed lovers with a real-world twist on Washington Irving’s classic ‘The Legend of Sleepy..."
We Are Still Tornadoes

""We are Still Tornadoes" is an incredible insta-favorite! I am absolutely gushing about how much I loved this book! This..."
A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen #2)

" An enthralling, beautifully crafted YA fantasy—laced with Indian lore and memorable characterization. Gauri is a betrayed..."
My True Love Gave To Me

"I admit that I’m not a big anthology fan. I find the stories in them are hit and miss. ‘My..."
I Am a Secret Service Agent: My Life Spent Protecting the President

" Emmett was a young, impressionable boy growing up in the South when President Kennedy was assassinated. The event made..."
Sanctuary Bay

"Sanctuary Bay was a title I was really excited to read and I admit that I hate that I pushed..."
Fangirl

"This book was touchingly beautiful. Cath was a perfect protagonist and I connected with her quite intimately. Despite the heartbreak,..."
Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls #1)

"This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2017/03/born-at-midnight-by-cc-hunter.html Kylie is dealing with a lot, including breaking up with..."
Hello, I Love You

"This book reminds me a lot of Anna and the French Kiss, without all the hot bits. This book is..."
A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen #2)

"A Crown of Wishes is a spellbinding follow up to the stunning The Star-Touched Queen which was based on a..."
We Are Still Tornadoes

"We Are Still Tornadoes tells the story of Cath and Scott, who have both graduated from high school and are..."
We Are Still Tornadoes

"We Are Still Tornadoes is a cute story about long distance friendship, college life, life in general, '80s music,..."
The Memory of Things

"It's so true when they say you'll always remember where you were on 9-11. I was a first grade..."
The Possibility of Somewhere

"The Possibility of Somewhere has been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. I had all the feels. And..."
The Infinity of You & Me

"What worked: This was one fast-paced tale with a protagonist who jumps through different worlds in the multiverse. ..."

"The Possibility of Somewhere has been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me. I had all the feels. And..."

"The Possibility of Somewhere is definitely one of those stories you just can't put down. Julia Day's debut novel..."
The Tsarina's Legacy

"I enjoy this author's ability to bring history to life. I particularly enjoy the way she alternates the past with..."