Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Great Final Book

Rose Hathaway and Princess Valissa Dragomir must uncover the mysteries going on in St. Vladamir's Academy and their world. St. Vladamir's Academy is a school where Dhampir's, half Moroi and half human, learn to protect Moroi, living vampires, from the deadly Strigoi, the vampires we know. Moroi are living vampires who need some blood to survive while each has magic that lets them use an element; earth, air, fire and water. Strigoi are dead vampires that hunt Moroi, especially those from endangered bloodlines and enjoy killing their prey.

There is a fifth element that is just starting to be uncovered; the powerful but dangerous element known as spirit. Lissa is one of the few Moroi who can use it. When Lissa, her family and Rose were in a car accident Lissa used spirit to bring Rose back from the dead. Unknown to Lissa this would bind her and Rose together forever and make Rose Shadowkissed, someone between life and death. Rose's bond to Lissa allows her to experience what her friend sees and feels which comes in useful as Rose takes on her role as Lissa's Dhampir and protector.

Through their bond we get the learn a lot about Rose, Lissa, their relationship as well as their relationships with other characters. This series has excellent character development, especially for Lissa and Rose as they both go on their own journeys. Other characters are introduced in each book while the regulars such as Eddie and Christian develop more. The bond between Lissa and Rose is one of the strongest bonds of sisterhood I have read about. They have and would die for each other. Their bond is one reason why this series is one of my favourites.

The world is full of mysteries that we learn more and more about as Rose explores the world. There are mysteries that even the Moroi and Dhampirs don't know about which Lissa and Rose uncover. The mystery of their bond and Lissa's abilities is the main part of the series which is very interesting to learn about.

This series is action packed, full of suspense, twist, turns and magic. It is written really well and fast passed. I love this series. The magic and mysteries alone are great.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

91HIpyhaW9L.jpg
The third book in the New York Times bestselling series...

0.0 (0)
One Week of You
For Lizzy Winston, one week will change everything. Fifteen-year-old...

0.0 (0)
Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
She is from the past, locked inside a world...

4.6 (3)
Grenade
It's 1945, and the world is in the grip...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and...

0.0 (0)
Uncharted
Seventeen-year-old Annabeth prefers the fantasy of her books and...

0.0 (0)
Dark Divide
Secrets have a way of coming out. Divided by...

0.0 (0)
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)
Before humans, and before human history, there were the...

0.0 (0)
Heirs of the Round Table: Reclaiming Camelot
Imagine discovering that your ancestors were part of King Arthur's...

0.0 (0)
Wicked Nix
A visually stunning, middle-grade classic in the making about Wicked...

0.0 (0)
Journey of the Pale Bear
A runaway boy befriends a polar bear that’s being transported...

0.0 (0)
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)
When Wyatt gets framed for a friend’s crime, he thinks...

0.0 (0)
The Attack of the Plants: A Branches Book (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Next stop...The Magic School Bus heads to the Galapagos to...

0.0 (0)
Robot Farm (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Wanda proudly hosts this year's school harvest feast, but she...

0.0 (0)
Aphra's Child
Tula is a chimera in a world where chimera are...

0.0 (0)
One week on an Alaskan cruise, three teens, and an...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Stardust

"This tradition-style fairy tale follows a young man named Tristan Thorn on his quest to retrieve a fallen star for..."
American Gods

"This book was an adventure, filled with so much going on at once it took me much longer than the..."
Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5)

"Oh, how I loved jumping back into Bliss and Garrick’s relationship. I fell in love with this couple in Losing..."
Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5)

JenJen
"What I Loved: Garrick and Bliss take on London, his mates and his mom, in this hilarious and heartfelt mini-adventure..."
Faking It (Losing It #2)

JenJen
"What I loved: Cade was a roundhouse kick in the feels for me when I read LOSING IT and I..."
Faking It (Losing It #2)

"If you have read Losing It, you definitely remember Cade, Bliss' friend. Cade just can't move on - he's still..."
Losing It (Losing It #1)

"Bliss Edwards is a control freak. And that's the reason why she is is a couple of months from graduation..."
Faking It (Losing It #2)

"What I Loved: Alright, it's official. I love Cora Carmack's novels. They're such cute, fun, sexy reads, with just enough..."
Losing It (Losing It #1)

"What I Loved: Of all of the New Adult-labeled books I've read, Losing It is the one that comes closest..."
Losing It (Losing It #1)

JenJen
""Sometimes it's the scary things in life that are the most worthwhile." Kissing, laughter, drama, and heart racing romantic..."
Arilla Sun Down

N/A
"This book was hard to follow. The only reason why I read it was because my teacher was making me...."
Dollhouse

"Pages: 277 Genre: Chick-lit* Publication Date: 2011 My Rating: 1.5 /5 stars** ..."
Heart-Shaped Box

"Reader reviewed by Ashley Jude buys a ghost off the internet. Unlucky for him, the ghost wants him dead...."
American Gods

"Reader reviewed by danielle American Gods is one of author Neil Gaimen's (Stardust, Coraline) most acclaimed works, about a man..."
Stardust

"Reader reviewed by an_d Stardust is pitch-perfect.  Period.   The story flows nicely and pulls you in very quickly.  It's..."
Stardust

"Reader reviewed by sara this stroy starts out inn a little town by the name of Wall.  Tristran is madly..."
Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble #1)

"Reader reviewed by Lianne Lizzie recently graduated from collage, or so she thinks. On her graduation she finds out that..."
American Gods

"Reader reviewed by Nic Ex-con Shadow is pulled into a world of mystery, magic and nearly-forgotten gods after meeting a..."
Anansi Boys

"Reader reviewed by Nic Fat Charlie is just an everyday guy with an embarrassing father whom he'd rather just forget...."
Stardust

"Would you do anything for your Hearts Delight? Catch a falling star, perhaps? Well, Tristran Thorn would do..."