Review Detail

Meg & Linus Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Really cute story about friendship!

This book is really cute! I definitely enjoyed reading it! I haven't read a book in which both main characters are queer and I loved every second of it.

Meg and Linus have been friends forever and they share a lot of common things. Their friendship was the main theme of the book and I had a great time seeing it grow and develop further. They both deeply care about each other and it was quite the spectacle to see how this was actually one of the reasons of their small "falling apart". It's very much relatable and realistic because as I'm reading the book, I could recall similar events that happened to me and my friends. So yes, this book is like my kindred spirit.

Meg is more relatable for me as compared to Linus, because we're similar about many things. For one, I do act as a matchmaker between my friends and their crushes, especially if both of them are my friends. Haha! It's a great feeling to help out, especially if they end up being together. Although, both Meg and Linus are fabulous characters.

The development between Linus and Danny's relationship was a treat to read. I really enjoyed them both and I swooned so hard! Their scenes made me smile ear to ear!

Good Points
lgbtq+ representation, friendship and family relationships, effective writing style
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
Dorothy Vaughan, Mary Jackson, Katherine Johnson, and Christine Darden were...

0.0 (0)
Shaking Things Up: 14 Young Women Who Changed the World
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Pulitzer Prize-winning...

0.0 (0)
Fairy Mom and Me
From the bestselling author of the Shopaholic series and the...

0.0 (0)
Picture Us in the Light
Danny Cheng has always known his parents have secrets. But...

0.0 (0)
Time Tracers
Twelve-year-old Taj Carter is on a high-stakes mission to track...

0.0 (0)
Screenshot
Skye's social media game is always on point. Until her...

0.0 (0)
Better Together (Heartwood Hotel, #3)
Spring has come to Fernwood Forest, and the Heartwood Hotel...

0.0 (0)
Sky in the Deep
A 2018 Most Anticipated Young Adult book that is...

5.0 (1)
Devils Unto Dust
Keep together. Keep your eyes open. Keep your wits...

0.0 (0)
All The Things We Lost
After her mother’s death, eighteen-year-old Katie finds herself in...

0.0 (0)
White Rabbit
Caleb Roehrig, author of Last Seen Leaving, delivers another...

0.0 (0)
The Worst Fairy Godmother Ever!
Q: What do you need to become a great fairy...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Aegis Default
Newly famous and burdened with responsibility, Ada Anand has to...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Solstice Volition
When Ada Anand is given a very special gift for...

0.0 (0)
Drum Roll, Please
Find the confidence to rock out to your own beat...

0.0 (0)
Ignite
Four strangers. Four powerful elements. To survive a ruthless...

5.0 (1)

Latest Member Reviews

Time Tracers

"Taj is confused when he wakes up to what's supposed to be the first day of summer break, but instead,..."
The Hall Monitors Are Fired!

"Sam is the hall monitor at Eerie Elementary, but his job requires more than watching out for students doing things..."
Me, Frida, and the Secret of the Peacock Ring

"Paloma Marquez has to spend the summer in Mexico City with her mother, who has gotten a fellowship to study..."
The Parker Inheritance

"Candice's grandmother was a city official in the small town of Lambert before she fell into disrepute. She thought there..."
Pretty Dead Girls

"PRETTY DEAD GIRLS by Monica Murphy is a YA thriller in which all the popular senior girls at Cape Bonita..."
Ace of Shades

"When Enne's mother doesn't return home, Enne travels to the City of Sin and she's desperate to find her. It's..."
Wicked Charm

"Beau has a reputation for breaking hearts, so it isn't a surprise that Willow, the new girl, catches his eye...."

"In this re imagining of Doyle's Sherlock Holmes as a child, we find John Watson newly enrolled at Baker Street..."
Sherlock Holmes and the Disappearing Diamond (Baker Street Academy #1)

"In this re imagining of Doyle's Sherlock Holmes as a child, we find John Watson newly enrolled at Baker Street..."
History's Mysteries: Curious Clues, Cold Cases, and Puzzles From the Past

"HISTORY'S MYSTERIES includes fascinating details, facts, and pictures of some of the world's biggest mysteries. Kitson Jazynka words everything so..."
Lies That Bind

"After saving Keira, Anastasia finds herself unable to sit still. She feels like she's constantly having to keep one eye..."
The Dazzling Heights

"I really enjoyed The Thousandth Floor last year, it was one of the books that surprised me with how much..."
Midnight in the Piazza

"Thirteen-year-old Beatrice Archer isn't too excited when her professor father is offered a job far away from Boston. When she..."
Hero: Rescue Mission (Hero #3)

"Ben is very concerned about his latest baseball game, but when his father has to leave suddenly, he's even more..."
Skeleton Tree

"Stanly's life is difficult-- his father has moved out, and his mother is trying hard to make ends meet as..."
King and Kayla and the Case of the Mysterious Mouse (King and Kayla #3)

"Kayla and King are having a good time playing with Thor and Jillian, throwing King's blue ball back and forth...."
The King of Bones and Ashes (Witches of New Orleans #1)

"THE KING OF BONES AND ASHES is a story set around three witches living in New Orleans, as magic fades..."
Sealed with a Secret

"Phoebe's sister, Alice, is getting older and they're no longer as close as they used to be. Phoebe wants nothing..."
Jingle

"When Logan signs his friends up for the Christmas extravaganza (much to the others dismay), none of them anticipated what..."
Genuine Fraud

"GENUINE FRAUD by E. Lockhart is a character-driven thriller that is told in reverse chronological order. In essence, the book..."