Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Left Behind

I received a copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book came at a bad time for me. When I started reading the book I had just read a newspaper article of a friend that had gone missing. There were periods I could not bring myself to read this book. Then I would read it with the hope of solving the mystery just as I would hunt through the internet looking for new clues on the whereabouts of my missing friend.

The book revolves around the drama suffered by two of the main characters and how that drama effects everyone around them in different ways. The detail in the emotional trauma suffered by Meredith and her family was engaging and realistic. However, if you are wanting to read a mystery that is not the focus of this book. It is more of a family drama.

As a mom, it was disappointing that the writing makes it appear the whole family is against the mother. She cannot say anything right, everything is misconstrued. It is heartbreaking how she struggles to protect her family and maintain her marriage with so little support or success.

Personally, I did not like the ending. I needed more closure. I felt like it was a writing cop-out to leave the book “unfinished”.

Good Points
emotional, thought provoting story.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Leading Edge of Now
Just when Grace is beginning to get used to...

0.0 (0)
9 FROM NINE WORLDS
The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy...

0.0 (0)
I Do Not Trust You
Memphis "M" Engle is stubborn to a fault, graced...

0.0 (0)
RIPPED- a Jack the Ripper Time-Travel Thriller
When a museum trip turns funky, Katie Lennox is...

4.8 (5)
Queens (The Wielders of Arantha Book 2)
A cosmic game of chess is underway, and the...

0.0 (0)
Pride
Pride and Prejudice gets remixed in this smart, funny,...

0.0 (0)
The Story of B
The Story of B combines Daniel Quinn's provocative and visionary...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: Beauty and the Beast: A Modern Retelling
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Snow Queen: A Graphic Novel
Follow Gerda on an adventure to find her friend Kay,...

0.0 (0)
DARK TALES: THE CALL OF CTHULHU: A Graphic Novel
In this Dark Tale, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming... ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Graphic Novel
Eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be...

0.0 (0)
Time Jumpers: Escape from Egypt
This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line,...

0.0 (0)
NOTES FROM MY CAPTIVITY
Adrienne Cahill cares about three things: getting into a great...

0.0 (0)
#Murdertrending
@doctorfusionbebop: Some 17 y. o. chick named Dee Guerrera was...

0.0 (0)
Unstoppable Moses
Moses and his cousin Charlie were best friends, wisecracking pranksters,...

0.0 (0)
51HTvQF3B2L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Alien meets Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds in this thrilling...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Merry Christmas, Little One

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, LITTLE ONE is a fun, interactive story about Christmas time and snowmen. "Christmas comes but once a year..."
Hi-Five Animals

"HI-FIVE ANIMALS is exactly as it sounds. You Hi-Five all of the animals! The illustrations are adorable with close up..."
Plant the Tiny Seed

" This book relies on the interactive nature of read-alouds for young children. Beginning with a single zinnia seed, the..."
Plant the Tiny Seed

"PLANT THE TINY GARDEN’s simple illustrations and text allow readers to fully immerse themselves in the interactive aspect of the..."
Attack of the Sky Pirates (LEGO Ninjago: Activity Book with Minifigure)

"Ninjas and Pirates and Djinns… oh my! This 32 page comics and activities book is an engaging cross between..."
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: A Visual History of Modern Transportation Featuring 100 Iconic Designs

"This fold-out book is just incredible. I am a huge fan of the paper, the layout, the descriptions, and the..."
Ocean Creatures: A 3D Pocket Guide

"The timing of this little guide coming into my hands was just perfect. My oldest has been interested in the..."
Even Monsters

"Every child at one point or another questions why they have to eat all of their vegetables at dinner before..."
Georgetown Academy: Book One

"Georgetown Academy is an elite prep school for kids of the Washington political elite, and national political scandals can make..."
Georgetown Academy: Book Two

"This is a fun interactive series that allows you to choose which character to follow for the night. I read..."
Georgetown Academy: Book One

"This is an interactive ebook and the authors let readers decide which of the main characters to follow, so you..."
Post Mortem (Parish Mail #2)

"I'm a huge fan of Coliloquy interactive ebook serials. It's fun and unique and totally thinks outside of the..."
Good Morning Sunshine

"What I Loved: The illustrations are bright, colorful, and immediately draw a young reader in. I read the book..."