Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Satisfying Conclusion to Trilogy

After Jamie is badly injured and Alexei is accused on murder in See How They Run (Embassy Row #2), Grace is hiding out with them in a remote woods in the US. When a place lands near them, they panic with good reason-- the Prime Minister is there to try to get Grace to come back. She doesn't, and the three are on the run again. As long as Grace and Jamie, descendents of the deposed family of the princess Amelia, are alive, they will be hunted down to assure the stability of Adria. Grace is tired of running, so thinks it's a good idea to hunt down the PM and see what she has to say. She is drugged in a park in DC and flown to Paris, where she meets with the Society but manages to escape. She eventually meets up with Alexei, and the two try to figure out a way to survive. Eventually, Grace tells everyone her brother is dead, and ultimately lands in an unusual situation that she is told her mother helped create.Will she bow down to the demands of the Society, or will she come up with a solution on her own?

Good Points
This satisfying conclusion to the Embassy Row series addresses many of the loose ends. Grace manages to reconnect with her mother, find out more information about the Society, and also learns more about Alexei's past as well as the history of Adria.

The best part of these books is always traveling around Europe with a hot guy, not worrying about funding or travel arrangements. Even though her life is supposedly in jeopardy, you have to envy Grace her ease of travel. It helps to have well connected friends!

I do love that when the Society tries to derail her plans, they at least offer up Thomas to replace Alexei. Teens will agree with Grace's choice and root for her to return to her one true love, but I thought that Thomas had a lot to recommend him!

Readers of Benway's Also Known As, Monaghan's A Girl Named Digit, and Lee's A Spy in the House who want to hone their international espionage skills will definitely want to pick up this series after they finish Carter's The Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series!
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Everything All at Once
Lottie Reeves has always struggled with anxiety, and when her...

0.0 (0)
Lucky in Love
Maddie doesn't believe in luck. She's all about hard work...

0.0 (0)
She's So Boss
Whether you already have an idea for a business or...

0.0 (0)
Wesley James Ruined My Life
Sixteen-year-old Quinn Hardwick’s having a rough summer. Her beloved grandmother...

0.0 (0)
Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scarytales
Once upon a time, a girl skipped into the forest...

0.0 (0)
Obsidian and Stars
In the sequel to Ivory and Bone—the prehistoric fantasy...

0.0 (0)
Maybe In Paris
Keira Braidwood lands in Paris with her autistic brother,...

0.0 (0)
Revolt: Book Four of the Resistance Series
The Explosive Conclusion to the Award-Winning Resistance Series To...

0.0 (0)
16 Ways to Break A Heart
Unfolding through letters, texts, and chats, Lauren Strasnick’s smart,...

0.0 (0)
Changes in Latitudes
A "road" trip romance that takes place at sea!...

0.0 (0)
First We Were IV
A group of friends start a secret society in...

0.0 (0)
Orphan is the highly anticipated sequel in the ORB trilogy....

0.0 (0)
The World Between the Trees
Jake Hunter has disappeared without a trace and when his...

0.0 (0)
Jupiter Storm
Only a week ago Grey Alexander thought she and her...

0.0 (0)
Alison Henry and the Creatures of Torone
After being picked on at school yet again, Alison Henry...

0.0 (0)
Unbecoming
Three women. Three generations. Three secrets. ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Kronnus 13

"The story: Zak Connors is a twelve-year-old boy who is not long for this world. A terrible virus has..."
Raise the Curtain

"Alexa loves theater, but her dad thinks it's a waste of time and wants her to focus on more important..."
Flicker

"'Flicker' by Melanie Hooyenga is a very gripping novel. The concept behind it - that the main character, Biz, has..."
Sarah

" I haven't read any horror novels but have a few on my TBR, so I thought this one would..."
Em & Em

" What I Loved 'Em & Em' was a sweet contemporary romance with a twist. There are back and forth..."
We Thought We Were Invincible

"I thoroughly enjoyed this contemporary offering from Lynn, as it is my favorite genre to read. In many ways, I..."
Curse of the Sphinx

"Curse of the Sphinx is a somewhat fast-paced story with one of my favorite types of mythology, starring the wonderful..."
Angels of Moirai, Book One (Angels of Moirai #1)

"Welcome to the new Twilight. *Sigh* Angels of Moirai had me at its summary since I'm one to fall..."
If We Were a Movie

"‘If We Were a Movie’ tells the story of ‘Nat’. ‘Nat’ is a triplet and struggles to have individuality from..."

"'Laerka' is a modern-day retelling of the fairytale 'The Little Mermaid'. Stella is a teenager in modern-day Savannah, Georgia...."
Waters of Salt and Sin

"The story: Kinneret Raza is a tough, adventurous, headstrong young woman with the misfortune of being on the lower rung..."
Magic Bound

"Love it!"
Like a Dream

"Amelia is a strong protagonist with great wit and charm. She does the best she can with what life has..."
The Eternity Road

"THE ETERNITY ROAD is full of action, secrets, vampires, love, and vampire hunters. THE ETERNITY ROAD follows Amanda who's..."
Stray

"We’ve all had that day. You know, that day you’re abandoned in a small town, you meet a boy then..."
Fallen to Grace

""A.J. Flowers gives a version of angels and demons that I haven't seen before" - TheStoryCollectorBlog.com "A fresh..."
Spies Like Me

"The story: Despite living a life of privilege, sixteen-year-old Emma Rothchild has known her share of tragedy. She lost..."
Royal Institute of Magic

"This book focusses on Ben Greenwood and his search for answers about his parents' disappearance. Two years ago Ben came..."
Blues Harp Green

"'Blues Harp Green' by Nicole Schubert has an interesting premise. The main character, Francie, meets Chet, a cute and friendly..."
The Unforgettables

"'The Unforgettables' by G.L. Tomas follows new next-door neighbors, and seeming soulmates, Paul and Felicia. Their instant connection at a..."