Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Seth

I remember reading this when it first came out, it was everything I was looking for in a book, great plot, girl finding her own strength, and hot alternative guys. I fell in love with this dark world, the fairies and the power struggle. I recently reread this book and it still gets me, it's just so wonderfully written and the characters seem so real.

It's wonderful and entertaining. Though, it is slightly rushed in some areas. The ending would've been better if it had, well, more. The final showdown with The Winter Queen seemed far too easy, too quick. It should've been harder than that.

I still love Seth so much! That will never change. If he was a real person I'd run away with him. He's one of my ultimate favorite fictional guys.

Donia happened to be my favorite character this time around while before it was Aislinn. The later was a bit too whiney for me. If I got the chance to live forever and be a fairy queen I'd be happy, yes it would suck to have all your friends and family die but you'd get to be with all generations of your family.

Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone who loves fairies or urban fantasy. It's a quick read that you'll enjoy immensely.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Clink A Story of Cyberbullying
Click is the heroic story of a young girl who...

0.0 (0)
On Blood Road (A Vietnam War Novel)
The last place on earth Taylor Sorenson wants to be...

0.0 (0)
Aiden is the son of a fisherman on the south...

0.0 (0)
A Thousand Sisters: The Heroic Airwomen of the Soviet Union in World War II
In the early years of World War II, Josef Stalin...

0.0 (0)
The Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the Plot to Kill Hitler
Adolf Hitler’s Nazi party is gaining strength and becoming more...

0.0 (0)
New Kid
Seventh grader Jordan Banks loves nothing more than drawing cartoons...

0.0 (0)
Watch Hollow
Deep within the enchanted woods in the town of Watch...

0.0 (0)
Giant Days
Based on the hit graphic-novel series from BOOM! Studios, the...

0.0 (0)
The Unteachables
The Unteachables are a notorious class of misfits, delinquents, and...

0.0 (0)
Tales from the Inner City
Tales from the Inner City is a collection of incredibly...

0.0 (0)
Gamer Army
After Rogan Webber levels up yet again on his favorite...

0.0 (0)
The world tilted for Elodee this year, and now it’s...

0.0 (0)
Right as Rain
It’s been almost a year since Rain’s brother Guthrie died,...

0.0 (0)
Charlie, Mac, and Maria managed to rescue the Project Chimera...

0.0 (0)
Bravelands #3: Blood and Bone
Set in the African savannah and told from three different...

0.0 (0)
Tom Gates Is Absolutely Fantastic (at Some Things) (#5)
Since Tom forgets everything, it’s not surprising that he forgot...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

My True Love Gave To Me

"I admit that I’m not a big anthology fan. I find the stories in them are hit and miss. ‘My..."
Lola and the Boy Next Door

"First, I want to say that I read this book in less than 24 hours. It was glorious! It..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"Anna's father decides he's going to send Anna to a international boarding school in Paris. It's her senior year and..."
Summer Days and Summer Nights

"I'm a huge fan of YA anthologies. The collection of short stories in SUMMER DAYS AND SUMMER NIGHTS ..."
My True Love Gave To Me

"Christmas has to be one of my all-time favorite holidays. I also love short story anthologies. Put the..."
Isla and the Happily Ever After

" This book. This book was... absolutely fantastic. The third book in the standalone series,..."
Isla and the Happily Ever After

JenJen
"Like most Stephanie Perkins' fans, I have been DYING for Isla and Josh's story and I'm happy to say it..."

"Once upon a time, there was a girl who talked to the moon. Lola Nolan doesn't believe in fashion...."
Anna and the French Kiss

"I don't even know where to start. This book was amazingly sweet and wonderful. First of all it takes place..."

N/A
"I really enjoyed Lola and Cricket and Max and Lola's parents and all of the other characters. I love Lola..."
Anna and the French Kiss

N/A
"I really love Stephanies two books. She write amazing yet unique stories and wonderful characters."
Anna and the French Kiss

"When i began to read Anna and the french kiss, i thought it would be lame and borring. But i..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"Anna and the French Kiss has been hyped beyond belief in the book blogging community. Sometimes hype turns out to..."

N/A
"Well...what I loved about this book. Number one was that I really enjoyed the main character and I'm not just..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"I really love Stephanie Perkins. She knows just how to write amazing contemporary love stories that will leave you..."

"Before I read this book, if someone mentioned contemporary to me, I was always like, "meh." But then Stephanie..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"Reasons I wasn't sure if this book would appeal to me: 1) It sounds like a cheating book. I..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"I simply adored this from the very first words of the book to the very last-- and yes, I'm including..."
Anna and the French Kiss

"I'll admit that I have a wall up when it comes to books that revolve around romance. Too often I..."

"I was disappointed in this book. Really disappointed. I finished reading Anna and I was on such a Stephanie..."