Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Not Bad

I first read this series years ago before the third one had even come out and I loved them! They were so fresh and exciting and just wow. I decided to reread them because I got a request wanting me to do a review for the series. Reading them now, being older and all, I still think they are pretty dang cool. But they're not quite as good as I remember. They are dark and gritty and fun with tons of adventure.

Reading it before I would give it 5 stars... reading it now it gets 4. Also after rereading it, the movie wasn't as bad as I first thought. It hits a lot of the important key points... the acting was pretty awful though and Jace was very underwhelming in the looks department but still... I'm very excited for the TV show, anyone else with me?

I did see some of the actors and actresses they got and I don't know... I'm just going to have to wait and see I guess.

I'm very excited the Shadowhunter world is still around and more books are going to be released. I do like the author's writing style, I always have. It's very simple and flows nicely. I'm not even going to tell you guys to read this book because pretty much everyone already has because they are freaking awesome sauce.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Leading Edge of Now
Just when Grace is beginning to get used to...

0.0 (0)
9 FROM NINE WORLDS
The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy...

0.0 (0)
I Do Not Trust You
Memphis "M" Engle is stubborn to a fault, graced...

0.0 (0)
RIPPED- a Jack the Ripper Time-Travel Thriller
When a museum trip turns funky, Katie Lennox is...

4.8 (5)
Queens (The Wielders of Arantha Book 2)
A cosmic game of chess is underway, and the...

0.0 (0)
Pride
Pride and Prejudice gets remixed in this smart, funny,...

0.0 (0)
The Story of B
The Story of B combines Daniel Quinn's provocative and visionary...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: Beauty and the Beast: A Modern Retelling
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Snow Queen: A Graphic Novel
Follow Gerda on an adventure to find her friend Kay,...

0.0 (0)
DARK TALES: THE CALL OF CTHULHU: A Graphic Novel
In this Dark Tale, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming... ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Graphic Novel
Eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be...

0.0 (0)
Time Jumpers: Escape from Egypt
This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line,...

0.0 (0)
NOTES FROM MY CAPTIVITY
Adrienne Cahill cares about three things: getting into a great...

0.0 (0)
#Murdertrending
@doctorfusionbebop: Some 17 y. o. chick named Dee Guerrera was...

0.0 (0)
Unstoppable Moses
Moses and his cousin Charlie were best friends, wisecracking pranksters,...

0.0 (0)
51HTvQF3B2L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Alien meets Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds in this thrilling...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Ink and Ivy

"Ink and Ivy is a quiet contemporary which thoughtfully explores having the courage to become the person you were meant..."
Bittersweet Wreckage

"A intense story of finding hope in the worst circumstances. The Story: Ivy's life has been anything but easy...."
Dragonfly Nightmare

"I kind of got to know the main characters but they weren't totally real to me. Allie is the only..."
The Weekend Bucket List

"Although TWBL starts as a simple buddy adventure, it quickly morphs into a coming-of-age journey including budding sexuality and the..."
STUMPED

"Ozzy has everything a teenager could want, good grades, a hot girlfriend, and successful high school swimming career. When..."
Bleeding Hearts

"The story: Nancy Miller is a poor, illiterate teenage girl scrounging out a meager living in Edinburgh. On the..."
When Fall Breaks

"'When Fall Breaks' by Julie Solano and Tracy Justice had a lot of interesting scenarios going on that are not..."
Below Northern Lights

" Lucas Santiago is injured war veteran and as a result of his injuries, has ended up in..."
We Thought We Were Invincible

"The story: California “Callie” McCoy is a typical teenager in many ways: unsure of her future, struggles to fit..."
Challenge Accepted

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED alternates POV between the nerdy Emma and the popular Logan. After messing up Emma's chances at a summer..."
Any Way You Slice It

"Reviewed for YA Books Central A wonderful, sweet sweet romance. The story: Penelope loves to skate and has..."
Calmer Girls

"Reviewed for YA Books Central Young love makes one foolish. The story: Samantha is not the girl people..."
Challenge Accepted

"Readers will find 'Challenge Accepted' by Amanda Abram hard to put down. Her writing style perfectly captures teenage life, from..."
Something of Substance

"A heartbreaking look into a real-life problem. The story: Grace has lived her life feeling as if she wasn't..."
Challenge Accepted

"A fun enemies to lovers romance. The story: Emma wants to find love... or at the very least, a..."
Fracture

"'Fracture' by Melanie Hooyenga was a fantastic sequel to 'Flicker,' the first in the book series. Biz's ability to flicker..."
The Scent of Rain

" ‘The Scent of Rain’, centers mainly around Rose. Rose is a teenager living in a fundamentalist Mormon community. The..."
The Weekend Bucket List

N/A
"Friendship is the new romance. A blossoming friendship between unlikely people..."
Sweet Fifteen

"Margot Maples is the girl next door. She’s the high school sophomore just trying to navigate the world of class..."
The Trail Rules

"A fantastic sequel from Melanie Hooyenga. The Story: Juinor year is supposed to be a year of excitement...."