Review Detail

Eerie Featured
Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Best Book I've Read in a Long Time

Wow it has been a long time since I have read a book with such a unique world. Bear Towne University has a lot of fun little quirks and I think we are only at the beginning of it. The book starts dark with Hailey's sister's murder and a lot of background about her home life. The book really comes to life once she moves to Alaska and Bear Towne University. Yeti spray and ghost traps that don't work. All the while Hailey is trying to make friends with class mates who want nothing to do with her. Two guys who both want her and don't want her depending on the time and fighting off murder attacks. This book is full of action and keeps moving. I loved this book and the second book cannot come out soon enough.

Good Points
Gets you going from the beginning of the book until the end.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Eight Days on Planet Earth
How long does it take to travel twenty light years...

0.0 (0)
The Princess in Black Takes a Vacation
Even monster-battling princesses get tired sometimes! But a peaceful time...

0.0 (0)
Refugee.jpg
JOSEF is a Jewish boy living in 1930s Nazi Germany....

0.0 (0)
SwingitSunnyjpg
Summer's over and it's time for Sunny Lewin to enter...

0.0 (0)
TheWitchBoy.jpg
In thirteen-year-old Aster's family, all the girls are raised to...

0.0 (0)
Let's Investigate with Nate #1: The Water Cycle
Bill Nye the Science Guy meets The Magic School Bus!...

0.0 (0)
The 12 Dares of Christa
Christa is a holiday junkie. What’s not to love? There’s...

0.0 (0)
Frazzled: Ordinary Mishaps and Inevitable Catastrophes
Things are looking up for Abbie Wu: this year she’ll...

0.0 (0)
The Tiger's Watch (Ashes of Gold #1)
Sixteen-year-old Tashi has spent their life training as a...

0.0 (0)
Blight
Seventeen-year-old Tempest Torres has lived on the AgraStar farm...

0.0 (0)
See Fred Run
Learning to read has never been more fun than it...

0.0 (0)
Solo
From award-winning and New York Times bestselling author Kwame...

0.0 (0)
Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #1)
"Most superhero stories start with a meteor shower or...

0.0 (0)
How to Disappear
Vicky Decker has perfected the art of hiding in...

0.0 (0)
Ferocious (Vicarious #2)
Paula Stokes returns to the world of Vicarious in...

0.0 (0)
The Monster of Selkirk Book I: The Duality of Nature
Monsters come in many forms, and not everyone knows a...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Eight Days on Planet Earth

""I want to believe." Agent Scully's take from the X files is shown here when a mysterious girl shows up..."
The Witch Boy

"Many of the stories out there deal with girls who go against the grain and want to do what society..."
Swing It, Sunny

"Again Jennifer and Matt Holm prove they are the dynamic duo when it comes to graphic novels and story telling...."
Solo

"Told entirely in verse, Solo is a story full of love, loss, addiction and music. Like Kwame Alexander's previous books,..."
Refugee

"Alan Gratz does it again with Refugee. Gratz knows how to weave historical facts and great story telling flawlessly. Refugee..."
This Savage Song

"This Savage Song is a uniquely peculiar novel that cleverly combines magic, monsters and music. Dark, violent and monstrous, the..."
The 12 Dares of Christa

"'The 12 Dares of Christa' by Marissa Burt is a sweet story of friendship, determination, strength, and forgiveness. Main character..."
Frazzled: Ordinary Mishaps and Inevitable Catastrophes

"'Frazzled: Ordinary Mishaps and Inevitable Catastrophes' by Booki Vivat is an adorable, illustrated story that not only proves a fast..."
How to Disappear

"I am so absolutely in love with Sharon Huss Roat. Her books are funny, relatable, and so easily devoured. I..."
David Inside Out

"David Inside Out is a novel about a teenager (David) who is discovering he is gay. In David's high school,..."
The Rest of Us Just Live Here

"I have to admit, it took me a while to get into this one. The characters seemed to me to..."
The Book Thief

"Death as a narrator? What an idea! It was so interesting to see the Second World War from a German..."
Ferocious (Vicarious #2)

"*WARNING: There are no spoilers for FEROCIOUS, but there are spoilers for book 1, VICARIOUS* As a reader, sequels always..."
Blight

"BLIGHT by Alexandra Duncan is the next young adult dystopian novel that will set your world on fire. Torrest Tempest..."
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1)

"This book was so unusual and satisfying in so many ways. Then there was the one bit - if you've..."
Mask of Shadows

"MASK OF SHADOWS by Linsey Miller features Sal Leon, a genderfluid thief who wants nothing more than to exact revenge..."
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)

"This one took a while to get into. I didn't warm much to Grace. She didn't seem to have much..."
Everything, Everything

"This story is told in first-person present-tense entirely from the POV of Madeline, who is turning eighteen in the first..."
The Museum of Heartbreak

"I really relate to this book very much. Most especially with Pen. This book was so honest. Many symbolisms but..."
Loved (House of Night Other World series, Book 1)

"Zoe and the Nerd Herd from the House of Night Series have returned for another adventure in LOVED. All of..."