Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

A must read for everyone!

Once again, the Australian author card is played and it is a hit. But, anything by Melina Marchetta is going to be good.

I wish I had read this book sooner. It's an essential coming of age novel. If you're a fan of Sarah Dessen, these are the books you also need to read. The ones you want.

Loved the relatable inner voice and school crushes and uncertain future planning. The beautiful writing and positively stunning characters. The strong family bond and unbreakable friendships.

It as all perfect and heartbreaking and sincere.

And I have to get the movie very soon!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Come November
It's not the end of the world, but for Rooney...

0.0 (0)
This Little Scientist: A Discovery Primer
Learn all about scientists who changed history in this engaging...

0.0 (0)
Corpse & Crown (Cadaver & Queen, #2)
Agatha DeLacey’s family isn’t rich or titled, so studying nursing...

0.0 (0)
TandT enhanced.jpg
Immersed in the historical background of the tenth century, this...

0.0 (0)
An Egg-Stra Special Easter
Happy Easter from the Beanie Boos! These furry friends are...

0.0 (0)
Jesus Loves Me
The Bible bb's share the Good News about Jesus using...

0.0 (0)
Changing Faces: Happy Halloween!
It’s Halloween and all the different creatures have come out...

0.0 (0)
The Itsy Bitsy School Bus
A fun and playful back-to-school twist on the popular nursery...

0.0 (0)
I Spy Little Hearts
Perfect for Valentine's Day or any day--search-and-find fun from bestselling...

0.0 (0)
I Spy Little Bunnies
This bestselling board book now has a shiny new holographic...

0.0 (0)
Peep, Peep, I Love You
An adorable lift-the-flap springtime and Easter story, full of sweet...

0.0 (0)
Lift the Flap: Look Who's Mooing!
What sounds do a cow, chicken, and more farm animals...

0.0 (0)
The Archive of Magic: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Newt, Tina, Queenie, and Jacob, the beloved heroes of Fantastic...

0.0 (0)
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Magical Adventure Colouring Book
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Magical Advent ...

0.0 (0)
Chicken Talk
The chickens on the farm have a message for their...

0.0 (0)
Sea Bear: A Journey for Survival
Lindsay Moore’s remarkable and beautifully illustrated picture book follows a...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

8 Notes to a Nobody (Bird Face book one)

"The main character, Wendy, is realistic and sympathetically portrayed, so much so that the book drew me in and transported..."
The Other Side of Freedom

"This stellar novel spotlights the trials of Italian immigrants during the era of Prohibition. I'd heard of Al Capone and..."
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #2)

"Sassy and Waldo still love going to school (What? You haven't read Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go To..."
Lumberjanes: The Good Egg (Lumberjanes #3)

"Summer is wearing on for the Lumberjanes; cabin cleaning must be done, and there is a slight feeling of ennui..."
An Egg-Stra Special Easter

"Carrots the bunny has hidden Easter eggs all around the farm. This is Blossom's first Easter though and she's excited...."
Changing Faces: Happy Halloween!

"In HAPPY HALLOWEEN, a spider is going around scaring everyone! It scares a pumpkin, a ghost, a witch, and a..."
The Itsy Bitsy School Bus

"THE ITSY BITSY SCHOOL BUS is a fun change to the nursery rhyme "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." It follows a..."
Peep, Peep, I Love You

"PEEP, PEEP, I LOVE YOU teaches about the mommy and baby animals on a farm. It also has a foam..."
Chicken Talk

"Farmer Otis, his wife Abby, and his children Willie and Belle love their chickens. They also have a rooster named..."
A Good Kind of Trouble

"Shayla is a good kid who doesn't like to be in trouble. Her older sister, Hana, is outspoken and interested..."
Sweeping Up the Heart

"Amelia lives a quiet life in a college town with her introspective father and kindly neighbor Mrs. O’Brien, who looks..."
The Impossible Crime (Mac B., Kid Spy #2)

"Mac is calmly playing mini golf when the queen of England phones him yet again for help. She is afraid..."
Our Little Love Bug! (Heart-felt Books)

"This adorable board book features touchable pages along with messages of love. The left side features large words and a..."
What About Harry?

"Sam and Harry are best friends and they do everything together. One day, they decide to be kings and make..."
Roary the Lion Roars Too Loud (Wee Beasties)

"This delightful board book teaches children about vocal volume in an entertaining and easy way. Roary loves to use his..."
The Once and Future Geek (The Camelot Code #1)

"Guinevere and Arthur get along quite well, practicing their fighting and trying to stay out of the way of the..."
How to Defeat a Wizard (Marty Pants #3)

"Marty is still at war with Simon, and irritated beyond belief that everyone thinks the other boy is charming when..."
The Terrible Two's Last Laugh

"Mile and Niles, pranksters extraordinaire, are back for their last year at their school. They start the year off right,..."
The Other Side of Freedom

"I loved The Other Side of the Freedom - the writing, the story, the close-knit Italian family, and the early..."
Gogi's Gambit (The Lost Rainforest #2)

"The first of the series follows the panther Mez. This one follows Gogi the monkey. Born under a special moon,..."