Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
(Updated: April 10, 2013)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Very Entertaining!

Georgetown Academy is an elite prep school for kids of the Washington political elite, and national political scandals can make or break the students' relationships. Politics even carries on to the parties: Democrats drink alcohol out of blue cups, Republicans, red. I thought it was very interesting to see how kids of politicians are more defined by their parents than by themselves, and how the politics of their parents consume them. It really makes you wonder if this is how private high schools in DC work. One of my favorite parts of the book is that it lets you choose your favorite characters to follow. I really enjoyed following the storylines of Evan and Ellie in particular. Evan is not a politco kid, but rather an aspiring journalist who uses information gleaned from her peers to help create news stories at the media company she works for. Ellie is the daughter of a Senator, and has the perfect boyfriend, but she has fallen in love with the son of her mother’s political nemesis. The book is very well written, full of pop culture and political references, and very fun and engaging to read.

Good Points
The characters are very real
The ability to choose which characters to follow at a certain point in the book
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Every Stolen Breath
The Swarm is unrecognizable, untraceable, and unpredictable—random attacks on the...

0.0 (0)
Cursed Beauty
Aurora Rose Brynhild is out of time. ...

0.0 (0)
The C Word
Addison: Secrets have a way of getting out....

0.0 (0)
Aphelion
Ky isn’t your typical seventeen-year-old girl. She's an alien hunter.Ky...

0.0 (0)
Announcing Trouble
I may know everything there is to know about baseball,...

0.0 (0)
Seneca Lake
It's 1944, and high school senior Meg Michaels has always...

0.0 (0)
Freshman Witch
Of course, magic is real. Everybody knows that. ...

0.0 (0)
Sarai and The Around The World Fair
When Sarai outgrows her bike, she worries she'll never get...

0.0 (0)
Of Beast and Beauty
7 vengeful sisters 7 fairytale kingdoms 7 daughters...

0.0 (0)
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)
Meet the Peppers. Funny runs in the family....

0.0 (0)
Dylan’s parents were taken from her in a terrible crash...

0.0 (0)
Dirt
Things are hard for eleven-year-old Yonder. Her mother died and...

0.0 (0)
Gen One
Generations after robots conquered Earth, the remaining population survives in...

0.0 (0)
Darknessontheedgeoftown.jpg
Chief Jim Hopper reveals long-awaited secrets to Eleven about his...

0.0 (0)
SupermanDawnbreaker.jpg
When the dawn breaks, a hero rises. ...

0.0 (0)
Moon Water: A Novel
Set in the Blue Ridge Mountains during the summer of...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Rated

"RATED follows six teens in alternating points-of-view as they navigate a dystopian future. In this society, your life is dictated..."
This Time Will Be Different

"THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT is an engaging YA contemporary with strong underlying messages about racism and social activism. With..."
Shatter the Sky (Shatter the Sky, #1)

"SHATTER THE SKY follows, Maren, who has been raised in a small mountain town. She and her girlfriend, Kaia, have..."
Once & Future (Once & Future, #1)

"Capetta and McCarthy have crafted a fantastic novel weaving the legend of King Arthur with the majesty of space in..."
White Rabbit

"TW: sexual assault, rape, homophobia, descriptions of violence, murder, drug use. White Rabbit is going to be the..."
Drum Roll, Please

"Even though Melly was forced to go to Camp Rockaway, it's just the escape she needs. Her parents are getting..."
White Rabbit

"Rufus just wants one day of semi-fun, something he hasn’t had since his ex-boyfriend, Sebastian, wrecked his heart. But then,..."
Autoboyography

"Do you have tissues? No? Then put this book down and get some, you are going to need them! This..."
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

"What can I say that hasn't already been said about this magnificent book? The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue..."

" The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue is a remarkable, witty, and outstanding adventure..."

"THE GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE follows Henry “Monty” Montague as he takes his grand tour across Europe with..."
Guyliner

"Guyliner by J. Leigh Bailey The Story: When a new guy moves to the small town of Green Vale,..."
Our Own Private Universe

"Fifteen-year-old Aki Simon is on a summer mission trip in Mexico with other members of her congregation—including her older brother..."
Our Own Private Universe

"What I Loved: It’s a truth universally acknowledged that modern teens are very political. Another truth: religious people are very..."
Princess Princess Ever After

"Sadie doesn’t enjoy being locked in a tower, but she’s also tired of princes coming (and failing) to rescue her...."
No Holding Back

"This was one of my most anticipated reads because I truly loved Nathan and Preston since No Love Allowed and..."
Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit

"What I Loved: GEORGIA PEACHES AND OTHER FORBIDDEN FRUIT by Jaye Robin Brown is a sweet but complicated love..."
As I Descended

"I knew going in that this was a modern take on Macbeth and I was excited for it. I did..."
As I Descended

"Power couple Maria and Lily have their sights set on a clear future: attending Stanford together, away from their boarding..."
You Know Me Well

"What I Loved: YOU KNOW ME WELL by Nina LaCour and David Levithan is an incredible story about the..."