Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

A different twist of a fairy tale

I loved this book, so much better than the original fairy tale. In your classic Cinderella, she gets nothing to deserve the prince's love, except look beautiful and be pretty. Where as in Cinder, she does everything to deserve it, she works hard and earns her pay, she's intelligent, and the Prince Kai obvious didn't just like her for her looks, as she was always covered in grease stains, he liked her for everything she's done to help him and everybody else, he likes the real person.

I loved the whole concept of taking a well-known fairy tale, and turned into something something completely different, and so much better. What I thought was nice that Cinder actually liked one of her stepsisters, Peony, and it's really depressing what happens to her. I also liked how Cinder didn't turn up perfect at the ball, but I thought it was way to stupid to do what she did there. I thought the whole future world was real clever, but the Moon is way smaller than Earth, so I was confused why they were really worried, they should of had much more people on Earth than the moon, just logic...

I loved Cinder. I thought it was great that she was nowhere near perfect (look wise, being a cyborg and all). She was such a strong character, and i feel really sorry for her not having a tear duct, but oh well. It was kinda obvious that she was Luna, it clicked when you got to know her backstory as well as the planet's. Maybe there could of been a bigger twist than what was real obvious, it would of made the book more unexpected. But the parts that were obvious were written really well.

I liked the world and all, but I thought there could of been slightly more description and world building, I didn't really get a feel for what New Beijing looked like. I got a small grasp on what the labs and Cinder's home looked like, but other than that, I think there was hardly any.

Cinder is a brilliant retelling of a classic fairy tale, and it full of aliens, future technology, forbidden crushes, and cyborgs. This book definitely deserves a read.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Every Stolen Breath
The Swarm is unrecognizable, untraceable, and unpredictable—random attacks on the...

5.0 (1)
Cursed Beauty
Aurora Rose Brynhild is out of time. ...

0.0 (0)
The C Word
Addison: Secrets have a way of getting out....

0.0 (0)
Aphelion
Ky isn’t your typical seventeen-year-old girl. She's an alien hunter.Ky...

0.0 (0)
Announcing Trouble
I may know everything there is to know about baseball,...

0.0 (0)
Seneca Lake
It's 1944, and high school senior Meg Michaels has always...

0.0 (0)
Freshman Witch
Of course, magic is real. Everybody knows that. ...

0.0 (0)
Sarai and The Around The World Fair
When Sarai outgrows her bike, she worries she'll never get...

0.0 (0)
Of Beast and Beauty
7 vengeful sisters 7 fairytale kingdoms 7 daughters...

0.0 (0)
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)
Meet the Peppers. Funny runs in the family....

0.0 (0)
Dylan’s parents were taken from her in a terrible crash...

0.0 (0)
Dirt
Things are hard for eleven-year-old Yonder. Her mother died and...

0.0 (0)
Gen One
Generations after robots conquered Earth, the remaining population survives in...

0.0 (0)
Darknessontheedgeoftown.jpg
Chief Jim Hopper reveals long-awaited secrets to Eleven about his...

0.0 (0)
SupermanDawnbreaker.jpg
When the dawn breaks, a hero rises. ...

0.0 (0)
Moon Water: A Novel
Set in the Blue Ridge Mountains during the summer of...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Every Stolen Breath

"Transparency is the key in business and human dealings, i got onlineghosthacker247 @gmail dot com email, on here thinking that..."
Every Stolen Breath

"EVERY STOLEN BREATH is an engrossing read that follows Lia as she attempts to uncover her father's killers. Every so..."
Skipping Forward

"Skipping Forward by Bethany Wicker is a standalone contemporary fantasy about a girl who can skip through time. This book..."
Fangs & Fins

"Ivy and Ember are thrown together when their parents marry. One a popular girl, the other a bookworm, they start..."
The N Word

"Alright, if you read my review of The F Word, you know how attached I already am to these characters...."
Announcing Trouble

"Making me smile all the way through, ANNOUNCING TROUBLE was a pure delight. Josie is almost eighteen with an enormous..."
Of Wolves and Witches

"Harper is sent to a magical Academy when she breaks the rules. She doesn't expect to end up with two..."
Golden Chains

"Feedback I just… wow. What a different pace than the first novel! Right off the bat we are thrown into..."
Sarai and The Around The World Fair

"Though rich and vibrant in illustrations and culture, Sarai and the Around the World Fair is a slow-mover. ..."
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)

"Absolute fun is one way to summarize The Pepper Party Picks the Perfect Pet. Perfectly placed and brilliant illustrations helped..."
Dirt

"After Yonder's mom dies, she and her dad are struck with grief and have trouble picking up the pieces. It..."
Darkness on the Edge of Town (Stranger Things )

"Darkness on the Edge of Town is a fascinating glimpse into Hopper's past. Being a big fan of Hopper since..."
Moon Water: A Novel

"MOON WATER follows Nettie in the summer of 1969 when her life is in turmoil. Nettie is 16 years old..."
Meant To Be Broken

"Where to start with this book? The Story: Rayne manages to snag the eye of the most desirable..."
The Fifth Well: Fate of the Future

"The story: Four high-schoolers happens upon five mysterious wells while walking through the woods near their home. Before..."
The Memory Thief

"THE MEMORY THIEF is an engrossing YA fantasy that will keep you turning pages late into the night. Etta lives..."
Where the Heart Is

"The start of thirteen-year-old Rachel’s summer doesn’t go as she planned. Tensions are high at her home and she knows..."
Smile: How Young Charlie Chaplin Taught the World to Laugh (and Cry)

"'Smile: How Young Charlie Chaplin Taught the World to Laugh (and Cry)' by Gary Golio, illustrated by Ted Young, is..."
Ocean: A Peek-Through Picture Book

"OCEAN: A PEEK-THROUGH PICTURE BOOK is a beautiful exploration of marine life. Featuring clever cut-outs on each page that peek-through..."
Watch Us Rise

"WHAT I LOVED: Readers get a dual POV novel narrated by Jasmine, a fat Black girl, and Chelsea, a..."