Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Passion

This third book in the Fallen series by Lauren Kate was amazing!!! Luce is on a mission of the heart and she is looking into most of her past lives, with an unsuspected helper, Bill. He is what the Angels and Demons call a Scale and he is helping Luce with her mission.
I usually stay away from books that take place in the past, I don't like the past aspect. Its filled with words I don't understand and unfamiliar places. Instead of shying away from this book like I usually would, I embraced it. I absolutely loved it!!
Sure, it was all over the place as Luce and Daniel traveled. Then there was the figuring out the personalities of the other Lucinda's, but it was a really good book!

You see Luce evolve over her travels, shes still the stubborn Luce but with more consequence. She changes as she goes through the past, seeing herself die and die again. Then watching Daniels reactions of her deaths are heart-wrenching. Luce keeps traveling through the Announcers, growing and growing, till she goes 3D and then that's a surprise... But I'm gonna stop there till I give away more

There's Daniel, who is following Luce through the past and being a bit on the reckless side. He knows the consequences but those don't matter too much to him. He just wants her back in his arms, safe and sound. You see him remembering his past lives and feeling the pain all over again. He grows stronger though, and is remembering the places and things he forgot.

All in all the book was good! The way it was written was the right way to write a book like that. I give it 40 out of 51 tacos all in all!! Great job Lauren Kate!! Look out for the next book in the Fallen series Rapture coming soon!! Now off to read 5 books in the next 4 days before my flight to New York!!
~~Sam!!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account