Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Breathless

Reader reviewed by Megan

What is the toughest request anyone can be asked to fulfill?Travis Morrison is a champion diver and one of the most popular kids at school. On the first day of summer vacation, while boating on the lake with his friends, Travis attempts a silly stunt dive that goes wrong. He fears he has broken his leg. Instead, his trip to the hospital reveals he has a rare form of cancer, and to save him, the doctors tell his parents they must amputate. In an instant, Traviss life and the lives of everyone around him are forever changed. Travis is determined that he and only he should decide the course of his life. He has a plan, but he cant carry it out alone. Will he convince one of his friends to fulfill his most important request? Lurlene McDaniel tackles a controversial subject, probing the issues of personal choice and quality of life.
I love Lurlene Mcdaniel books but this one wan't one of my favorites. I didn't really like the changing narrators in each chapter. In all the other books you like feel the person's pain but in this one I just didn't feel it. You never really got to know the characters. You got to know little tidbits about them but you never really knew anything about them.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Resist: 35 Profiles of Ordinary People Who Rose Up Against Tyranny and Injustice
A perfect tool for young readers as they grow into...

0.0 (0)
The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle
From the critically acclaimed author of Waiting for Normal and...

0.0 (0)
Side by Side A Novel of Bonnie and Clyde
Texas: 1931. It’s the height of the Great Depression, and...

0.0 (0)
Voyage of the Dogs
SOS. Ship damaged. Human crew missing. We are...

0.0 (0)
Shorty & Clem Blast Off!
The energetic and zany duo Shorty and Clem are back,...

0.0 (0)
Bear's Spooky Book of Hidden Things: Halloween Seek-and-Find
If you want to keep kids happily busy for hours...

0.0 (0)
Strange New World
Dahlia 16's life is a lie. The city of...

0.0 (0)
Like Never And Always
Liv Burnham thinks nobody knows Morgan Frost like she...

0.0 (0)
The Outcasts- The Blood Dagger: Volume 1
Mystical relics. Powerful vampires. Strange allies. It's hell being...

0.0 (0)
Ascent (A Peak Marcello Adventure #3)
After conquering the mountains in Afghanistan, Peak Marcello goes...

0.0 (0)
Here to Stay
For most of high school, Bijan Majidi has flown under...

0.0 (0)
Hiding Lies
At Holden Prep, dirty little secrets always have a way...

0.0 (0)
We, The Lucky Few
"Each time I think this night reaches its lowest...

0.0 (0)
The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
The formerly glorious god Apollo, cast down to earth...

0.0 (0)
Meg has it made. She has money to spare, attends...

0.0 (0)
The Red Ribbon
Shining a light on a little-known aspect of the Holocaust,...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Funny Kid #2: Stand Up

"After his attempts to run for class president in Funny Kid for President, Max has decided that his identity is..."
Welcome to Wonderland #3: Sandapalooza Shake-Up

"P.T. and Gloria have saved the Wonderland Motel, and now because of the celebrity tie-in with the Surf Monkey movie,..."
Little White Lies

"LITTLE WHITE LIES by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is a novel mashup of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars set in..."
The Harlem Charade

"Jin's grandparents own a bodega in Harlem, and she likes to watch people from her out-of-the-way quiet nook and write..."
Bow Wow: A Bowser and Birdie Novel (#3)

"Birdie and her dog Bowser are going about their lives, working in their grandmother's small shop and looking for any..."
Denis Ever After

"Denis died when he was 7, and he's getting along just fine in Port Haven--the place where souls hang out..."
Ruby Redfort: Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6)

"Ruby's parents are in France, and Ruby is back from Genius Camp and Mrs. Digby back from a convenient cruise...."
Scream and Scream Again

"Scary short stories seem to be perennially popular, and not just around Halloween! This newest collection edited by R.L. Stine..."
Remy Sneakers and the Lost Treasure (Remy Sneakers #2)

"Someone has broken into Remy's house and stolen his notebook, so he gathers his Critter Crew to try to find..."
Whathisface

"Cooper Vega is used to moving a lot with his parents' jobs, but it still gets old being "what's his..."
Don't Look Back

""Don't Look Back" is a one-off thriller from Jennifer L. Armentrout. It begins with Samantha appearing bloody and beat up..."
FREEKS

""Freeks" is a captivating paranormal mystery. Mara has lived all her life with a circus, traveling from one place to..."
Pretty Dead Girls

""Pretty Dead Girls" was an interesting YA thriller following Penelope (Pen/Penny) in the aftermath of a death of a frenemy,..."
Wicked Charm

""Wicked Charm" is a YA instalove romance with a hint of murder-mystery. Willow has moved to the swamps where her..."
Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1)

"In "Chasing Truth," Eleanor (Ellie) Ames is running from a past she can't escape. After turning FBI informant on her..."
The Sin Eater's Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter #1)

""The Sin Eater's Daughter" takes place in the kingdom of Lormere, which is ruled by inbred royalty who are closest..."
Black Bird of the Gallows

""Black Bird of the Gallows" is a truly unique and enthralling YA paranormal romance. Angie has had a tough life...."
Lies That Bind

""Lies That Bind" is a great sequel in the Anastasia Phoenix series. While the first book had a lot of..."
Atlantis Rising

"“Atlantis Rising” was a surprising paranormal YA hit! I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but I ended up..."
Project Pandora (An Assassin Fall novel)

"“Project Pandora” is a really intense and creative YA sci-fi/thriller. We follow four teenagers who are all part of Project..."