Author(s)
Age Range
6+
Release Date
April 16, 2024
ISBN
978-1635866285
Buy This Book

Packed with mesmerizing undersea photography, this book invites kids to explore the fascinating behavior and intelligence of this remarkable creature of the deep. 
The Incredible Octopus combines amazing photos with in-depth facts to get kids aged 7 and up excited about octopuses and the underwater world in which they live. Readers are introduced to the fascinating biology of the octopus, from its 3 hearts and 9 brains to suction cups and how they work, and learn all about what it’s like to be an octopus: how they use camouflage and ink, what they eat, and how they reproduce (nests and eggs!). The book also explores the  intelligence and playfulness of this animal—and, of course, the famous stories of octopuses who escaped their tanks. Readers will meet 13 different species of octopuses and find out what makes them unique, from the most venomous and best disguised to the deepest and coldest. They'll also get a glimpse into exciting octopus research, technology inspired by octopuses, and ways to help conserve our oceans.

Editor review

1 review
Absolutely Stunning!
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

The Incredible Octopus is a must have for anyone who loves these intelligent cephalopods!

I picked this book for myself, more so than for my kids, as Octopus as a whole are my favorite aquatic creature, maybe even animal in general. Already knowing a bunch of facts, I was blown away by the information provided in this book. The information is broken down making this is a reader-friendly book, prefect for children 7 and up.

I really enjoyed the Q&A section with real scientists studying octopuses, as well as the information for keeping the ocean (and octopuses) healthy and all the additional resources listed for further exploration.

The undersea photography is absolutely stunning. My kids and I had a wonderful time just looking at the photos and the many, many types of octopuses.. especially the one playing with a rubber duck! The detailed renderings are also fun and educational. These provide information for things not so easily photographed, such as the octopus that live in the dark or illustrating myths.

I highly recommend this book for school libraries and anyone interested in octopuses!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions