Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Paranormal and historical fiction

\\Michael Andrews has died in a fiery car accident. He is sentenced to continually walk the earth. Things start to look up when he meets another spirit, Sarah, who turns out to be his soul mate.
What I loved: I really loved the history in the book. It is evident that the author did tons of research for this novel. The history of the Angel of the Sea is totally fascinating. I love when a novel takes place in a real location, especially one as fascinating as the Angel of the Sea. It’s absolutely amazing that the building has been moved twice and had to be split in half because the movers couldn’t push it back together with only mules and horses.
By far my favorite part of ‘The Ghost Chronicles’ is the part about the Eastern State Penitentiary. I had never heard of it before and the details blew me away. That it sits enclosed by walls in the middle of such a large city is crazy. When looking at a photo from the prison website you can see Philly’s skyscrapers in the background. Some of the awful things that happened there and its current state of decay just adds to the creepiness.

What Left Me Wanting More: I really had a hard time connecting with Michael and his family. I didn’t really get a good sense of who they were and what they were like. Their personalities were a little flat to me. Sarah was my favorite character by far. She was a little more interesting and seemed to have more personality and depth.
Also, expect for the historical locations Michael visited, there isn’t a lot going on in the story. There is a lot of Michael walking around and wondering what is going on. There is also a lot of rules and forms of travel in the afterlife that muddied up the story. I was expecting a spooky and creepy story about ghosts and it’s just not what this story is.
My final judgement: I love the historical background in ‘The Ghost Chronicles’ and plan on visiting The Angel of the Sea and Eastern State Penitentiary some day. Although the story isn’t exactly what I was expecting, it has a unique storyline that will appeal to paranormal lovers that like a contemporary twist.

Good Points
Historical. Interesting concept
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Just For Clicks
Mommy blogs are great . . . unless the blog...

0.0 (0)
i am Elephant, i am Butterfly
When sixteen-year-old Simone Wheeler is accepted into the elite Camp...

0.0 (0)
Mike
MEET FLOYD. He's a tennis star. Possibly good enough to...

0.0 (0)
Unconventional Warfare (Special Forces, Book 1)
Discover the secret missions behind America's greatest conflicts.Danny Manion has...

0.0 (0)
Again, But Better
Shane has been doing college all wrong. Pre-med, stellar grades,...

0.0 (0)
The Summer of '69
With his girlfriend, Robin, away in Canada,...

0.0 (0)
Stick Cat: Two Cats and a Baby (#4)
Now that their owners are married, Stick Cat and his...

0.0 (0)
Waking Nightmare (Hello Neighbor #2)
It's been four months since Nicky Roth has seen his...

0.0 (0)
The Once and Future Geek (The Camelot Code #1)
When young Arthur of Camelot accidentally time-travels to the 21st...

0.0 (0)
Lumberjanes: The Good Egg (Lumberjanes #3)
Welcome to Miss Qiunzella Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet’s Camp for...

0.0 (0)
A Good Kind of Trouble
Twelve-year-old Shayla is allergic to trouble. All she wants to...

0.0 (0)
It Wasn't Me
THE BREAKFAST CLUB meets middle school with...

0.0 (0)
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #2)
Sassy and Waldo love school! Everything smells like meat and...

0.0 (0)
Bird and Squirrel All Tangled Up
When Red has to go spend the night helping Grandmole,...

0.0 (0)
How to Defeat a Wizard (Marty Pants #3)
Marty Pants returns to face his archenemy Simon, the so-called...

0.0 (0)
Sweeping Up the Heart
Amelia Albright dreams about going to Florida for spring break...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Go Ask Alice

N/A
"Well this book is actually more for younger teens I read it when I was 13. And I liked it..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Erin Hughes   Go Ask Alice is a book like no other. No one knows who wrote..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Jillian R Summary: Go Ask Alice is about a teenage girl, suffering from drug addiction. With her..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie This is such a haunting book because it was a girls actual diary. This isn't someÂ..."
Annie's Baby: The Diary of Anonymous, A Pregnant Teenager

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie I really love these books. Told from true accounts of teenagers they're real and heart-breaking. Annie..."

"Reader reviewed by f00lishchick i think this was a sad book because of the difficulties that annie goes through. what..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Sierra Goodman This was a great book about addictions. It actually helped me through some of my..."
It Happened to Nancy

"Reader reviewed by Lorrissa Simon This book is amazing, i was really into it, and the girl is my age!..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Taylor Freeman This book is a very quick read. It is about a girl who goes on..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Ash   This book was touching and heart wrenching. Have you ever been in the center..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by moonymaster Warning: SPOILERS ALERT  GOD.. I REALLY HATED THIS BOOK. When I first had finished it I..."

"Reader reviewed by Nikki This book was amazing. I thought it was a great read for anyone in the teen..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Chay i have read this book many, many times before. And i love it each time i..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Alex11181992 Follow alice on a journey through pain and addictionAs a fellow teenager i could relate to..."

"Reader reviewed by Jenna I love this book! It has a very powerful meaning to it. People should read this..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Chantel This book is quite literally a life changing book, it gives you the inside look at..."

"Reader reviewed by Beans I just got this book about 2 days ago. I am about half way threw it..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by Sara E. I got this book thinking is was non-fiction and a real diary of some girl..."
It Happened to Nancy

"Reader reviewed by elisabeth I read this book shortly after it was published in 1994. It has stayed with..."
Go Ask Alice

"Reader reviewed by undercover reader It starts with a dangerous party game where she receives a LSD soft drink. From..."