Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Loved This One

Nessa and Jacie have been friends since kindergarten. When they both have had a terrible year, they decide to take up Jacie’s aunt’s invitation to stay with her at her home on the Jersey Shore. Jacie and Nessa plan to live summer to the fullest before they begin their senior year of high school .
On the surface, ‘Corner of Ocean and Bay’ seams like a fun summer beach read. This novel does touch on the fun, carefree, lifestyle of teens on vacation. However, Azzi takes it a step further and explores some of the harsh realities of being young.
While Nessa is the ‘good girl’ and Jacie is the wild one, both girls have their own ups and downs.
Jacie and Nessa handle their romantic relationships in very different ways. Nessa takes the slow approach with the new boy she meets while Jacie jumps into a new relationship impulsively. Although I can’t really delve into both Jacie and Nessa’s romantic interests without spoiling the plot, I will say Jacie heads off in a dangerous direction.
I really loved both Jacie and Nessa, although I kept thinking that Nessa was a little too good. There were even times that I wondered how two such different people could be best friends. Their personalities do complement each other and helped push the story along. I liked Jacie’s aunt and Nessa’s crazy drunk mother but I found Jacie’s parents to be irritatingly complacent. They just seem to let Jayce do what ever she wants.
‘Corner of Ocean and Bay’ is a really good mix of summer fun (laying on the beach, surfing, and parties). It is, however, deeper than the usual beach read. While the story is not over the top steamy, I will warn readers that there are many big trigger points.

‘Corner of Ocean and Bay’ did not disappoint . I just loved this one all the way through and the end just blew me away. This is a great young adult novel that highlights the fact that life isn’t perfect and there can be negative consequences for the decisions you make.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

First the vampires attacked. Then the angels came....

5.0 (1)
The Caged Queen
Kristen Ciccarelli’s distinct brand of lyrical, haunting fantasy continues in...

0.0 (0)
Someday
Every day a new body. Every day a new life....

0.0 (0)
#1 Bestseller on Kobo and Category Bestseller on Amazon! ...

4.8 (3)
What if you were the missing piece in one of...

0.0 (0)
The Babysitter's Club: Kristy's Big Day
Kristy's mom is getting married, and Kristy is going to...

0.0 (0)
The Very Last Castle
A curious little girl watches the man who guards the...

0.0 (0)
Jack B. Ninja
Jack B. Ninja! Jack, be quick! Jack, jump over the...

0.0 (0)
Emerge: The Assignment: An Immortals of Indriell Novella
She has devoted her life to training with the...

0.0 (0)
The Agony House
Denise Farber has just moved back to New Orleans...

0.0 (0)
Freak N Gorgeous
Everyone is ugly sometimes. In a world not unlike...

0.0 (0)
Twice Dead
Naya, the daughter of a sea merchant captain, nervously...

0.0 (0)
Legacy of Light (Legends of the Tri-Gard Book 2)
Death. Sacrifice. Betrayal. That is your curse. The seer's...

0.0 (0)
The Forest Queen
When sixteen-year-old Sylvie’s brother takes over management of their family’s...

0.0 (0)
Kendall's Snow Fort (Scholastic Reader Level 2: American Girl: Wellie Wishers)
There's a storm coming! The other WellieWishers promise to help...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Caged Queen

"The Caged Queen is the sister novel to The Last Namsara, which I absolutely adored - it has everything I..."
Three Dark Crowns

"I really enjoyed a lot of this book. But the title is legit, it's dark. Why? Because you have 16..."
Someday

"Everyday A jumps into another body. Each day is different. Along the way he encountered Rhiannon and they fall in..."
The Darkest Legacy

""The Darkest Legacy" continues The Darkest Minds series after the resolutions of the trilogy. This time, we follow Suzume (Zu)...."
The Forest Queen

"THE FOREST QUEEN by Betsy Cornwell caught my eye at first glance. The cover is beautiful and promises a tale..."
All The Crooked Saints

"Loved this book from start to finish. Stiefvater was at her best with her prose here and the novel was..."
Carve The Mark

"A good read. A bit confusing in the beginning, but as with many fantasy novels, it works itself out...."
When the Moon Was Ours

"WHAT I LOVED: If you’re asking book bloggers to recommend you gorgeously written books, there’s a very good chance Anna-Marie..."
Girls Made of Snow and Glass

"WHAT I LOVED: Girls Made of Snow and Glass is a real surprise of a novel. Sure, I understood it..."
The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen Book 4)

"Feedback This was a fantastic finish to the series! I was wondering how the story was going to continue..."
A Touch of Gold

"When I read the synopsis for this book I was immediately intrigued. I love retellings and this book seemed right..."
The Darkest Legacy

"Five years have passed since the 'rehabilitation' camps have been shut down. Suzume 'Zu' is now seventeen years old and..."
The Darkest Legacy

"It's been five years since the "rehabilitation" camps have been destroyed and now, everyone is working on rebuilding. Zu is..."
Three Dark Crowns

"Original Review: literarychaos.com Rating: 2.5 Stars I really wanted to love this book, unfortunately, I just..."
These Rebel Waves

"THESE REBEL WAVES is the first book in a fantasy duology by Sara Raasch. The story is told in third..."
StarPassage Book 3: Honor & Mercy

"This is an excellent series and book 3 doesn't disappoint. Paranormal activity and time traveling teens visit the past while..."
Reign of the Fallen

"I loved this book so much! I was ten pages in and knew then that I would. ..."
Fawkes

""Fawkes" is a YA historical fantasy that sounds so interesting! Unfortunately, I could not get into it. In this alternate..."
Fireblood (Frostblood #2)

""Fireblood" was a pretty good continuation of the Frostblood Saga. While the first book took place in the land of..."
Thief of Lies

"“Thief of Lies” is the first in the Library Jumpers series. It had me hooked at the start but lost..."