Review Detail

Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

What happens when all things known in your life prove untrue?

What happens when all things known in your life prove untrue? The past was supposed to stay buried, but an alluring, forgotten journey changes everything. Bewildered, Eyoés’s innocence is shattered when he discovers the journal, and learns the very truth of his identity is based on falsehoods. Then the unthinkable happens when catastrophe strikes his village. Everything and everyone he loves is destroyed. The need for revenge blinds Eyoés, yet he sets off on a quest to prove his manhood as a mighty warrior. The stranger who saves his life becomes a trusted friend and guide in a world of danger and unforeseen peril.

The reader cheers for the hero’s success and cringes in his weak moments, but somehow Eyoés will face the forces of darkness with courage and fortitude. The need for revenge tempts Eyoés, but his longings for a pure heart will keep him on a path of discovery in an unfamiliar, but fantastical world full of mythic proportions and grandeur. A detailed map helps the reader travel along with Eyoés through the imaginary landscape.

No spoilers intended, but Sword and Scion: Into the Dark Mountains satisfies the reader’s own desire for adventure with unexpected twists and surprising revelations. Sword and Scion stands out in the mainstream sci-fi/fantasy genre. Look out Game of Thrones, here comes Jackson E. Graham with Eyoés, a well-developed hero with the remarkable appeal to take the reader into a story integrated with epic fantasy and mythology. The author has created a richly detailed world and hits the mark with Sword and Scion. I fell in love with the dashing, courageous Eyoés, and cannot wait to read the next adventure in this series!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

One Week of You
For Lizzy Winston, one week will change everything. Fifteen-year-old...

0.0 (0)
Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
She is from the past, locked inside a world...

4.6 (3)
Grenade
It's 1945, and the world is in the grip...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and...

0.0 (0)
Uncharted
Seventeen-year-old Annabeth prefers the fantasy of her books and...

0.0 (0)
Dark Divide
Secrets have a way of coming out. Divided by...

0.0 (0)
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)
Before humans, and before human history, there were the...

0.0 (0)
Heirs of the Round Table: Reclaiming Camelot
Imagine discovering that your ancestors were part of King Arthur's...

0.0 (0)
Wicked Nix
A visually stunning, middle-grade classic in the making about Wicked...

0.0 (0)
Journey of the Pale Bear
A runaway boy befriends a polar bear that’s being transported...

0.0 (0)
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)
When Wyatt gets framed for a friend’s crime, he thinks...

0.0 (0)
The Attack of the Plants: A Branches Book (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Next stop...The Magic School Bus heads to the Galapagos to...

0.0 (0)
Robot Farm (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Wanda proudly hosts this year's school harvest feast, but she...

0.0 (0)
Aphra's Child
Tula is a chimera in a world where chimera are...

0.0 (0)
One week on an Alaskan cruise, three teens, and an...

0.0 (0)
The Homework Strike
Gregory K. has too much homework. ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Hearts Unbroken

"WHAT I LOVED: When Louise’s boyfriend Cam first disparages Native people in front of her–specifically his brother’s Kickapoo spouse–he isn’t..."
The Princesses of Iowa

"I really enjoyed this book!"
The Turnaway Girls

"Delphernia lives in a cloister of turnaway girls on the island of Blightsend, and she's unable to do the one..."
Poe: Stories and Poems

"The perfect gift for any Poe fan, Gareth Hinds breathes life—and gory death—into some of the greatest works of Edgar..."
The Button War: A Tale of The Great War

"Twelve-year-old Patryk lives in a small Polish town in 1914. He hangs with his group of friends which includes Jurek...."
The Red Ribbon

"Fourteen-year-old Ella is striped down and treated as subhuman by the Nazis and tries to survive. When she hears of..."
Norse Myths: Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki

"From the stories to the wonderfully creepy illustrations, Norse Myths offers a comprehensive look at all the tales of the..."
Beast: A Tale of Love and Revenge

"At first I was thinking, no not another Beauty and the Beast reimagining. But Jensen’s interpretation of the classic beloved..."
Egyptology: The Coloring Book

"A beautiful companion to the original book, Egyptology: Search for the Tomb of Osiris. In 1926, Miss Emily Sands led..."
One Death, Nine Stories

"Review Found: literarychaos.com To be frank, this anthology was not for me. I was so excited by the..."
The Stars at Oktober Bend

"Alice Nightingale is broken. It's been three years since the horrific act that left her under the "spell of twelveness"--a..."
My Name is Victoria

"Intriguing 'what if' look into what might have happened if Sir John Conway's daughter wasn't an enemy, but dear friend..."
Just Friends

"JUST FRIENDS by Dyan Sheldon is a sweet YA romantic comedy featuring Josh Shine, a music-loving, ponytailed, chess-playing, short high..."
The Riddle (Pellinor #2)

"THE RIDDLE by Alison Croggon is the second in the author's Pellinor series, and it picks up right where book..."
Echo After Echo

"WHAT I LOVED: Something tells me more than a few actresses could read this book and say afterwards "yep, some..."
Slider

"David is interested in competitive eating-- he can eat a pizza pretty quickly, and he's watched a lot of competitions..."
The Naming (Pellinor #1)

"Alison Croggon’s THE NAMING: BOOK ONE OF PELLINOR is a high fantasy tale that draws from and rivals some of..."
Trell

"This book lives up to all it claims to be. Gripping and thrilling, indeed it was. I loved..."
Landscape with Invisible Hand

"Aliens have invaded Earth and promise to share their technology. Of course most people are very excited about the idea..."
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1)

"This book was so unusual and satisfying in so many ways. Then there was the one bit - if you've..."