Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

N/A

Engaging Historical Novel!

The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts surprised me in a good way. I went in with very little expectations and now I wonder why I didn't pick it up sooner!

Kat ignores ghosts. In her childhood she embraced her power and acknowledged that she could help the lost souls around her. A possession left her scared and she was forced to forget about them in order to keep safe. Now however, as she researches the death of a young couple for school with a group of knowledgable classmates, she gets sucked back into the supernatural world. Suddenly the ghosts are back and if she wants to keep her friends safe, she has to acknowledge the ghosts again.

This was a very engaging, beautifully written story that I couldn't put down! I fell into the story quickly and ended up loving every interaction. History, romance, mystery. The author brilliantly wove a tale of a centries long murder finally being solved through supernatural means. A tale bound to leave you shivering from the darkness and evil within, it truly is hard to put down.

New friendships blossom in this story, and I enjoyed how the author did it. They couldn't stand each other at first, as one seemed to think the other didn't work for anything, just had it handed to them. That changed after they were both thrust back in time, left in bodies that don't belong to them when a murder is soon to happen. They learn to be there for each other, trust and accept each other. It was lovely.

This is a great book that I definitly reccomend!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Kourtney Written by Kourtney
November 21, 2017
Thank you so much for this terrific review!
1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Better Together (Heartwood Hotel, #3)
Spring has come to Fernwood Forest, and the Heartwood Hotel...

0.0 (0)
Sky in the Deep
A 2018 Most Anticipated Young Adult book that is...

5.0 (1)
Devils Unto Dust
Keep together. Keep your eyes open. Keep your wits...

0.0 (0)
All The Things We Lost
After her mother’s death, eighteen-year-old Katie finds herself in...

0.0 (0)
White Rabbit
Caleb Roehrig, author of Last Seen Leaving, delivers another...

0.0 (0)
The Worst Fairy Godmother Ever!
Q: What do you need to become a great fairy...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Aegis Default
Newly famous and burdened with responsibility, Ada Anand has to...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Solstice Volition
When Ada Anand is given a very special gift for...

0.0 (0)
Drum Roll, Please
Find the confidence to rock out to your own beat...

0.0 (0)
Ignite
Four strangers. Four powerful elements. To survive a ruthless...

5.0 (1)
Winter Glass (Spindle Fire #2)
A curse comes undone. A kingdom shatters. But some...

0.0 (0)
Everless (Everless #1)
In the kingdom of Sempera, time is currency—extracted from blood,...

0.0 (0)
Lifeline
Popular high school senior Eli Ross has the perfect life....

0.0 (0)
Would you risk it all for love? A high-ranking official’s...

0.0 (0)
Kristen McDonald has dreamed of being crowned prom queen for...

0.0 (0)
FRANKIE FRETINI has had a horrible year. And, just when...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Welcome Home

"WELCOME HOME: AN ANTHOLOGY ON LOVE AND ADOPTION features stories by some of the best voices in YA literature (or..."
Welcome Home

"WELCOME HOME is a collection of stories about adoption from a number of perspectives, from teens who are meeting their..."
How Many Letters Are in Goodbye?

"The story starts of with Rhea in New York. If you read books about New York, you might have a..."
Zeroboxer

"This sci-fi debut steps boldly into the YA ring and puts on a compelling show. Set an indeterminate..."
Insomnia (The Night Walkers #1)

"MY THOUGHTS Every night Parker has other people's dreams and it's slowly killing him. It has been years since he's..."
Faking Faith

"Faking Faithby Josie Bloss is like the website Homeschoolers Anonymous in novel form. It tells the story of a teenage..."

"A chilling thriller about a boy who enters the dreams of the last person he made eye contact with and..."
The Sowing (The Torch Keeper #2)

"Lucian "Lucky" Spark has made it through the brutal Trials and almost completed training to become an Imposer for the..."
Some Quiet Place

"I started reading not knowing what to expect, and ended up mesmerized by a captivating tale of self-discovery, the supernatural,..."
Playing Hurt

JenJen
"WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS BOOK BEFORE NOW?! If it weren't for Jennifer L. Armentrout and Miranda Kenneally,..."
The Truth About You & Me

"Before I start discussing The Truth About You and Me I need to point out something. I wasn't familiar with..."
Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles #2)

"There’s nothing like a good steampunk that mixes magic and history, Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear is exactly that. I..."
Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1)

"Suzanne Lazear debuts with this amazing and unique story of Noli, a girl with too much spunk and spitfire. She..."
The Cutting Room Floor

"If there ever was a really messed up friend, it was Dez. I liked this book. I read it..."
The Truth About You & Me

"Anyone who really knows me, knows that I’m a letter writing nut. I love writing and receiving letters (hint hint)...."

"Insomnia started out with my full attention; Parker’s ability to visit people in their dreams and the toll it was..."
Some Quiet Place

"I truly loved the fresh new idea that was Some Quite Place. It was unlike anything I have yet to..."

"Ooh, INSOMNIA was one of those books that pulled me right in. I love the premise of a teen..."
Some Quiet Place

"This book was amazing for the first two-thirds. I was enraptured. The idea of a girl being unable to feel..."

" Insomnia brings something new and original to the table, and it is an addicting read. I didn't..."