Review Detail

Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

A Charming Trip

'La Petite Josette En Provence' by Ashley Davidson-Fisher, illustrated by Martinique Louise Fisher, who so happens to be the author's daughter, is a nice story for young children. The book clearly shows how much the author loves the French landscape and some of the goings-on in the country. While the story does do more telling than showing through its words, the illustrations enhance the story, adding to the "showing" aspect, and bringing further beauty to the plot.

La Petite Josette and her sister, Anne-Laure, are excited to spend the day with their parents. They plan to have a picnic lunch and visit the sites. From waking up and preparing for the day to getting in the car and seeing everything, on to the trip home, every part of the day is covered. Young children and those who take them on trips will enjoy the family's adventure and likely want to start planning a day much like it for themselves.

It was a nice touch to write the story in English with some French phrases mixed in to add to the authenticity of La Petite Josette's visit to the countryside. A charming look into a different place and everything it offers, 'La Petite Josette En Provence' will teach readers about the beauty of family through the special relationships they build while visiting interesting places.

Good Points
It was a nice touch to write the story in English with some French phrases mixed in to add to the authenticity of La Petite Josette's visit to the countryside. A charming look into a different place and everything it offers, 'La Petite Josette En Provence' will teach readers about the beauty of family through the special relationships they build while visiting interesting places.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Ashley Davidson- Fisher Written by Ashley Davidson- Fisher
November 27, 2018
Thank you, Beth, for your very nice review of my book! I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed it! If you have not been to Provence, I hope the story encourages you to want to visit this lovely village. If you are familiar with the village of Les Baux-de-Provence, I hope my story brought back some wonderful memories for you. Thanks again!
1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

As Far as the Stars
Christopher is the sort of guy that no one notices,...

0.0 (0)
This Cruel Design
The nightmare of the outbreak is finally...

0.0 (0)
Big Red School (Clifford)
Clifford misses his best friend Emily Elizabeth every day when...

0.0 (0)
Finding Me by Kelly Gunderman
Tagline: Can you ever truly love someone who robbed you...

0.0 (0)
Don't Date Rosa Santos
Rosa Santos is cursed by the sea-at least, that's what...

0.0 (0)
An unforgettable name… A longing to be invisible… ...

5.0 (1)
I Got Next
It’s game day! In this action-packed picture book from Daria...

0.0 (0)
A Friend for Bently
Like all pigs, Bently loves to play in the mud,...

0.0 (0)
The Great Pumpkin Contest
Mimi and Clara are neighbors. Both cats want to win...

0.0 (0)
Save Your Friends!
This laugh-out-loud adventure encourages family sharing and is a perfect...

0.0 (0)
Dibs!
Teaching your little brother his first word —dibs —is funny....

0.0 (0)
Where Are You From?
This resonant picture book tells the story of one girl...

0.0 (0)
Out of Place
When twelve-year-old Cove Bernstein becomes the target of a school-wide...

0.0 (0)
Salvation Day
A lethal virus is awoken on an abandoned spaceship in...

0.0 (0)
Bobby Ether and the Jade Academy
When sixteen-year-old Bobby Ether is abducted and brought to the...

0.0 (0)
The Startup Squad (The Startup Squad, #1)
Girls mean business in a brand-new middle grade series about...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Wise and the Wicked

"Ruby and her sisters come from a long line of wise and powerful women. When their grandmother and her sisters..."
Just Jaime

"'Just Jaime' by Terri Libenson captures the truth of middle school – a time when friendships are haunted by worry..."
The Blood Spell

"Based loosely on the tale of Cinderella, The Blood Spell is the fourth standalone installment for the Ravenspire series of..."
Black Enough: Stories of Being Young and Black in America

"See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from the publisher as..."
Onyx and Ivory

"Top 5 Reasons to Read Onyx and Ivory: 1.) The magic: Kate lives in a world where there are..."
The Blood Spell

"Blue de la Cour enjoys her quiet life with her father, passing the days by working in the shop and..."
Pride

"Pride is flavorful, a cornucopia of culture, a coming-of-age story with characters so well-developed they practically leaped off the page...."
The Crown's Game

""The Crown's Game" is not quite what I expected. It portrays two magicians-in-training, Vika and Nikolai who both want to..."
The Glass Spare

""The Glass Spare" follows Wil, the youngest child of a warmonger king. One day, her life changes- in a dispute,..."
Defiance (Defiance #1)

""Defiance" follows Rachel and Logan, who live in a city-state where the Commander rules with a brutal totality. Women are..."
Deception (Defiance #2)

""Deception" continues Rachel and Logan's story as the survivors of Baalboden head into Wasteland to make a new life for..."
Scream All Night

"I am NOT a Horror fan. I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to the genre, be it..."
The Last Best Story

"'The Last Best Story' by Maggie Lehrman is provocative and intriguing, bringing a shadow of a doubt to the truth-finding..."
These Rebel Waves

"THESE REBEL WAVES is the first book in a fantasy duology by Sara Raasch. The story is told in third..."
Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2)

""Across a Star-Swept Sea" is an incredible sequel that introduces a new world and cast of characters, making it also..."
For Darkness Shows the Stars

""For Darkness Shows the Stars" is a YA dystopian book which takes place in a world where genetic modifications have..."
The Wish Granter (Ravenspire #2)

""The Wish Granter" is a YA fantasy set in a fairy tale world. Ari and Thad are the illegitimate children..."
The Wish Granter (Ravenspire #2)

"This is the retelling of Rumpelstiltskin. The second installment was evidently better than the first. It had better character(s), writing..."
The Traitor Prince

"A twisted dark tale of The Prince and the Pauper. The third installment of the Ravenspire series was by far..."
Dread Nation (Dread Nation #1)

"What a read. This book grabs you in a choke hold, and does not let go until the very last..."