Review Detail

Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Delicious Recipes and Loved the Theme

SWEET REVENGE is sweet and deliciously vengeful that I wanted to gobble up all of the recipes. It's full of passive-aggressive desserts for your exes and enemies that look yummy. Instead of giving the desserts away, I prefer to keep them for myself.

SWEET REVENGE was created to take out the pain of an ex-boyfriend or the betrayal of a friend and turn it into a scrumptious dessert that you can stuff your face with. Cooking is a healthy way to handle stress, better than taking the fight online.

I loved the conversions in the front and that the recipes had a difficulty level. I enjoyed the overall theme of the book and that the recipes were cleverly named for it. For example, "I'm Not Your Buttercup" and "You're as Nutty as a Fruitcake". I also loved that the recipes also had little notes of advice.

Final Verdict: I loved the concept of this cookbook and that it's a good way to take out anger. Plus, you also get something delicious from it. I made the "Stop Texting Me You Crepe" and it was so yummy. I would recommend this to all teens because they will all face these problems at one point. What's better than desserts after a hard time? I just would keep the desserts for myself and not give them to that annoying ex.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

Glow
When thrift-store aficionado Julie discovers a series of antique...

0.0 (0)
Stolen Secrets
After an abrupt move across the country to San...

0.0 (0)
Tracker's Canyon
Thanks to his dad’s coaching, sixteen-year-old Tristan is one...

0.0 (0)
Book of Fire
Life outside the domes is not possible. At least...

0.0 (0)
This Body Won't Break
The truth doesn’t always set you free. Orphaned as...

0.0 (0)
Gears of Fate
Centuries have passed since the Fey conquered Earth, forcing...

0.0 (0)
Mother Cary's Butter Knife (Shadows & Light)
The smallest of three brothers, Keenan Mowat had a priceless...

0.0 (0)
A Hundred Billion Trillion Stars
Did you know that the earth is covered in three...

0.0 (0)
Three Sides of A Heart: Stories About Love Triangles
You may think you know the love triangle, but...

0.0 (0)
The November Girl
I am Anda, and the lake is my mother....

0.0 (0)
Approximately Yours (North Pole, Minnesota)
Danny Garland is so out of Holly’s league. And...

0.0 (0)
A Penny Lost
Penelope Grace, usually forgotten under the shadow of her...

0.0 (0)
Chasing Eveline
Sixteen-year-old Ivy Higgins is the only student at Carmel...

5.0 (2)
Good and Gone
When Lexi Green’s older brother, Charlie, starts plotting a...

0.0 (0)
Alicia and the Light Bulb People in Star Factory 13
Where do light bulbs go when they burn out? ...

0.0 (0)
Somebody's Baby
Ever since Sloan won a reality singing competition, her music...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Ultimate Guide to Gardening (Craft It Yourself)

"Don’t let the name intimidate you—this guide is as extensive as it is accessible. The book features 111 pleasingly..."
The Infographic Guide to College: A Visual Reference for Everything You Need to Know

"As approachable as it is pragmatic, this college primer could largely double as a bite-sized approach to post high school..."
She's So Boss

"For any girl with an entrepreneurial spirit!"
The Book That Made Me

"The Book That Made Me' is an anthology by several authors that tells about a book that influenced their life...."
She's So Boss

"SHE’S SO BOSS by Stacy Kravetz is a non-fiction guide for young female entrepreneurs who are looking to start or..."
Girling Up

"What worked: Encouraging info for girls on growing up. Mayim is like that cool older sis that tells you what..."
This Is Really Happening

"I wish I could accurately put into words how much I adored This is Really Happening. I didn’t..."
A Kid's Guide To America's First Ladies

"How does a First Lady train for a job that has no job description—or even a salary? A job that..."
125 Wacky Roadside Attractions: See All the Weird, Wonderful, and Downright Bizarre Landmarks From Around the World!

"Like any other National Geographic Kids Book, this one is filled to the brim with exciting, bizarre, and interesting things,..."

"An eye-catching activity book that teaches the nuances of font topography—for the young aspiring graphic artist in your home. ..."
How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and Start Living Your Life

"Before reading this I had not heard of Jeffrey Marsh, but after reading this book I can tell you that..."
Heroes For My Daughter

"3.5 Stars A compelling concept with a lot of heart behind it. The book presents as a sort..."
Heroes for My Son

"True-to-life heroes--real people who've accomplished attainable yet noteworthy things. This book holds a timeless and intriguing premise. (Particularly in a..."
About Marine Mammals: A guide for Children

"About Marine Mammals is a beautifully illustrated and educational book, perfect for school libraries. Or if you have a curious..."
Ultimate Ocean-pedia

"An absolutely stunning depiction of the ocean and everything in it. The book: This book contains everything a kid..."
Oceans (About Habitats)

"About Habitats is such a beautifully illustrated and interesting book. If you have a curious child who enjoys learning about..."
Courage & Defiance: Spies, Saboteurs, and Survivors in WWII Denmark

"Immersive, impactful and informative. This non-fiction account of World War 2 takes a somewhat more alternate angle than is usual—shedding..."
100 Things to Know Before  You Grow Up

"100 Things to Know Before You Grow Up is yet another reason why I, as well as the children I..."
Factastic: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World (LEGO Nonfiction)

"An entertaining encyclopedic primer, ideal for knowledge-thirsty LEGO fans. Coming in at 175 pages, FACTASTIC is a sizeable,..."
Kian and Jc: Don't Try This At Home

"KIAN AND JC: DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME is exactly what fans of the YouTube stars are hoping for: some..."