Review Detail

Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Amazing

Reader reviewed by Ariel

A child called it captured my heart.  This book is based on a true story. It saddens me to know that this little boy had to go through such a rough life. A child called it pulled me in with in the first couple of pages and I didn't want to put it down.  I loved this book because it informs people on child abuse. Also because it really makes you feel, and even cry at times.  I recommend this book for people who can handle sad stories, and likes a good read.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

This Cruel Design
The nightmare of the outbreak is finally...

0.0 (0)
Big Red School (Clifford)
Clifford misses his best friend Emily Elizabeth every day when...

0.0 (0)
Don't Date Rosa Santos
Rosa Santos is cursed by the sea-at least, that's what...

0.0 (0)
I Got Next
It’s game day! In this action-packed picture book from Daria...

0.0 (0)
A Friend for Bently
Like all pigs, Bently loves to play in the mud,...

0.0 (0)
The Great Pumpkin Contest
Mimi and Clara are neighbors. Both cats want to win...

0.0 (0)
Save Your Friends!
This laugh-out-loud adventure encourages family sharing and is a perfect...

0.0 (0)
Dibs!
Teaching your little brother his first word —dibs —is funny....

0.0 (0)
Where Are You From?
This resonant picture book tells the story of one girl...

0.0 (0)
Out of Place
When twelve-year-old Cove Bernstein becomes the target of a school-wide...

0.0 (0)
Salvation Day
A lethal virus is awoken on an abandoned spaceship in...

0.0 (0)
The Startup Squad (The Startup Squad, #1)
Girls mean business in a brand-new middle grade series about...

0.0 (0)
A Possibility of Whales
Twelve-year-old Natalia Rose Baleine Gallagher has to move, again. ...

0.0 (0)
Peppa in Space (Peppa Pig)
Get ready for a Peppa Pig story that's out of...

0.0 (0)
The Stars We Steal
Engagement season is in the air. Eighteen-year-old Princess Leonie “Leo”...

0.0 (0)
Pete the Cat and the Itsy Bitsy Spirder
Pete the Cat’s cool adaptation of the classic children’s song...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Twelve

"Usagi lives in a world where some children are born with extraordinary powers, either ones that are animal like qualities..."
The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight, #1)

"THE TIGER AT MIDNIGHT is a lush YA fantasy that follows two primary characters in alternating points-of-view. Esha is known..."
The Girl The Sea Gave Back

"When Tova is saved by the Svell's Tala, Jorrund, she becomes their key to peek at the future. Tora is..."
Elixir (Covenant Series #3.5)

"This was so refreshing, to see a little snippet into the almost perfect Aiden's head, we get to see how..."
Norse Myths: Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki

"From the stories to the wonderfully creepy illustrations, Norse Myths offers a comprehensive look at all the tales of the..."
Legacy of Kings

"Legacy of Kings was not a bad book per se, but I found it a confusing, frequently boring one. Perhaps..."
Return of the Vinetropes

"What a unique and wonderful story told by a gifted writer! What I loved most is that there's something for..."
A Thousand Beginnings and Endings

"A THOUSAND BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS is a collection of fifteen short stories, edited by Ellen Oh and Elsie Chapman. All..."
Dragonfly Song

"Aissa is the first-born daughter of the Lady of an island, and as such she should be raised in a..."
The Monstrous Child

"THIS MONSTROUS CHILD is about how Hel, a young teenage girl came to rule the underworld and how she and..."
The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #1)

"This is the first instalment in the bestselling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The first two books have even..."
Merrow

"“Life is not fussy about where it grows, but it is set on doing so.” Writing this review won’t..."
Let the Wind Rise (Sky Fall #3)

"4.4 stars! Awesome series! Filled with a lot of action and an interesting plot. I really enjoyed the first book..."
Yo-Kai Watch: The Misadventures of Jibanyan

"A fantastic little book for fans of the Yo-Kai Watch animated series and games! This chapter book follows..."
For Magnus Chase: Hotel Valhalla Guide to the Norse Worlds (An Official Rick Riordan Companion Book)

"A quick, whimsical companion guide to the Magnus Chase world; this book presents Norse mythos on a middle-grade level, yet..."
Yo-Kai Watch: Official Guide

"All fans of the Yo-Kai Watch world must have this great guide to the world of yo-kai! A..."
Persuasion

"Persuasion is the sequel to the phenomenal book Compulsion about a young girl who has the ability to "find" lost..."
I Am Tama, Lucky Cat: A Japanese Legend

"Beautiful illustrations and lyrical prose tell the legend of the "maneki neko" or lucky cat of Japanese folklore. ..."
Valkyrie Rising

" Ellie goes to Norway to visit her grandmother for a part of the summer. There she learns about the..."
Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1)

"What I Loved: I really enjoy Heather Demetrios’ books and her writing style so I was very excited to..."