Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction
Anna is a surplus, she shouldn't existed, but she does. In a world where most people are over the age of hundred, and children are considered surplus, Anna must slave away forever at a jail like home because of her parents breaking the law, having children when your on 'Longevity'. Anna was going perfectly and was destined to become a brilliant surplus and to work at someone's home instead of Grange Hall. But when Peter arrives, Anna starts to rebel against the law and changes her destiny

The idea of having a drug that was meant to cure cancer, becoming the cure to age. I thought that was an astonishing idea. I also loved how that having children when you are taking the drug was banned, I thought that was very clever way to stop overpopulation. This book cleverly fights rights and freedom for children who are destined to slave for the rest of their lives because of their parents misdeeds. Anna is an example. I liked how Peter came in and changed Anna's view on how she was worth nothing but everything, the future, her future.

I loved Peter. His personality was powerful and beautiful. His views on life were creative but that made him get in trouble with the teachers quite a bit. He was written quite well and the description of him was wonderfully detailed, even on the blurb! His ideas on his freedom and all the surpluses were easy to follow and made people want to believe him.

Anna is quite a different story. She was brought up to follow orders so she didn't have much will power (though she did have enough to write a journal even when she wasn't meant to). If Peter didn't come along, she wouldn't of gone much further in rebelling and earning her freedom. She would of been a slave for her whole life if Peter didn't come along. Together these two characters are a powerful duo and you wouldn't want to mess with them once they believed it was right.

All in all, this book is mind-blowing. A moving novel set in our possible future. One thing is for sure though, I would never like to live forever in a body that is falling apart. This is Casog, opting out!

Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Casog Reviewed by Casog April 04, 2012
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (261)

Long life invented drug!!!

Anna is a surplus, she shouldn't existed, but she does. In a world where most people are over the age of hundred, and children are considered surplus, Anna must slave away forever at a jail like home because of her parents breaking the law, having children when your on 'Longevity'. Anna was going perfectly and was destined to become a brilliant surplus and to work at someone's home instead of Grange Hall. But when Peter arrives, Anna starts to rebel against the law and changes her destiny

The idea of having a drug that was meant to cure cancer, becoming the cure to age. I thought that was an astonishing idea. I also loved how that having children when you are taking the drug was banned, I thought that was very clever way to stop overpopulation. This book cleverly fights rights and freedom for children who are destined to slave for the rest of their lives because of their parents misdeeds. Anna is an example. I liked how Peter came in and changed Anna's view on how she was worth nothing but everything, the future, her future.

I loved Peter. His personality was powerful and beautiful. His views on life were creative but that made him get in trouble with the teachers quite a bit. He was written quite well and the description of him was wonderfully detailed, even on the blurb! His ideas on his freedom and all the surpluses were easy to follow and made people want to believe him.

Anna is quite a different story. She was brought up to follow orders so she didn't have much will power (though she did have enough to write a journal even when she wasn't meant to). If Peter didn't come along, she wouldn't of gone much further in rebelling and earning her freedom. She would of been a slave for her whole life if Peter didn't come along. Together these two characters are a powerful duo and you wouldn't want to mess with them once they believed it was right.

All in all, this book is mind-blowing. A moving novel set in our possible future. One thing is for sure though, I would never like to live forever in a body that is falling apart. This is Casog, opting out!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Joanne, Editor Written by Joanne, Editor
April 10, 2012
Your review for Declaration and it's sequel peaked my interest. Just added it to my "to read" list.
1 results - showing 1 - 1