Review Detail

Kids Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

A Holiday Classic

When Santa goes for a long walk in the forest and falls asleep, the animals worry there won't be a Christmas. But Santa tells them Christmas isn't about presents, it's about Christ. And then he tells them the nativity story, complete with beautiful illustrations.

I love this story, and so do my kids. It's a nice way to balance including Santa in our Christmas celebration. What a lovely reminder that Christ is the reason for the holiday.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Claire Johnson, Staff Reviewer Written by Claire Johnson, Staff Reviewer
March 31, 2012
I bought this for my son's first Christmas. It is still one of my favorite stories to read during that time of year.
1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

Better Together (Heartwood Hotel, #3)
Spring has come to Fernwood Forest, and the Heartwood Hotel...

0.0 (0)
Sky in the Deep
A 2018 Most Anticipated Young Adult book that is...

5.0 (1)
Devils Unto Dust
Keep together. Keep your eyes open. Keep your wits...

0.0 (0)
All The Things We Lost
After her mother’s death, eighteen-year-old Katie finds herself in...

0.0 (0)
White Rabbit
Caleb Roehrig, author of Last Seen Leaving, delivers another...

0.0 (0)
The Worst Fairy Godmother Ever!
Q: What do you need to become a great fairy...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Aegis Default
Newly famous and burdened with responsibility, Ada Anand has to...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Solstice Volition
When Ada Anand is given a very special gift for...

0.0 (0)
Drum Roll, Please
Find the confidence to rock out to your own beat...

0.0 (0)
Ignite
Four strangers. Four powerful elements. To survive a ruthless...

5.0 (1)
Winter Glass (Spindle Fire #2)
A curse comes undone. A kingdom shatters. But some...

0.0 (0)
Everless (Everless #1)
In the kingdom of Sempera, time is currency—extracted from blood,...

0.0 (0)
Lifeline
Popular high school senior Eli Ross has the perfect life....

0.0 (0)
Would you risk it all for love? A high-ranking official’s...

0.0 (0)
Kristen McDonald has dreamed of being crowned prom queen for...

0.0 (0)
FRANKIE FRETINI has had a horrible year. And, just when...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Dread Nation (Dread Nation #1)

"What a read. This book grabs you in a choke hold, and does not let go until the very last..."
Blood Will Out

"Blood Will Out is a dark read that alternates between Ari's view, and the killer's. Full of the gritty details..."
Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice #1)

"A mature middle-grade fantasy—sporting a medieval feel and steeped in an eerie English folklore ambiance which, at times, drifts over..."
Before I Let Go

"WHAT I LOVED: Once upon a time, as this storytelling-focused story might begin a tale, Corey and Kyra were best..."
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)

"I love this book, I even think it’s my favorite Shadowhunter book of them all! (Which is really saying a..."
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2)

"This book was amazing! So amazing! And so heart-breaking. I’m a mess, I need the third book NOW! The..."
House of Night: Chosen

"Zoey now knows that her old mentor is not what she claims to be. She's hiding something and doing things..."
Before I Let Go

"A must read that will be enjoyed by all teens and recommended reading for adults too!"
172 Hours on the Moon

"172 Hours on the Moon was an interesting novel. It was full of suspense, thrills, and horror. The author crafted..."
Alice: The Wanderland Chronicles

"First of all, I was given an advanced copy of this novel for my honest review...and I'm so glad I..."
House of Furies

"HOUSE OF FURIES by Madeleine Roux is creepy, gory, and full of suspense. Louisa Ditton has escaped an intolerable..."

"WOW!!! Excellent retake on Alice in Wonderland! This is not your cute Disney kids show. Even for those who..."

"This was my first retelling, and J.M. Sullivan sold me on them! What a ride this book will take you..."
FREEKS

"The gorgeous cover pulled me in at a glance. The premise sold me on the story and the 80s setting..."

"This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2017/03/thirst-no1-by-christopher-pike.html In this bind-up, readers get the first three books of..."
The Last Harvest

"I have always been a big fan of the horror genre. While I tend to be the type that hides..."
Dreamfall

"Cata Cordova and some other teens suffer from severe insomnia. When there is an opportunity to be part of..."
Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2)

"This was better than the first installment. But sometimes Cole still bothered me a little. He broke up with her..."
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1)

"Kaylee has been lied to her whole life. Her family made her out to believe she was going crazy. Even..."
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) - Rick Yancey

"This book was a thrill ride! We start with Cassie. She's lost her mother in the 3rd way and her..."