Review Detail

Kids Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Wimpy Kid Fans Take Heart!

Reader reviewed by Julie M. Prince

For those book lovers who favor Wimpy Kid, here's another comic/sketchbook style tale you can sink your teeth into.

10-year-old Aldo Zelnick uses the new sketchbook his grandmother, Goosy, gave him to narrate his summer activities--from avoiding baseball practice to swimming pool contests with his best friend.

Although his activities seem like the every day norm, Aldo manages mischief that keeps readers smiling...including the GIRL who found the secret hiding place in which he keeps his book. And she actually DREW in his own personal sketchbook!

Packed with humor and relatable to any adolescent boy, Artsy Fartsy is well worth a trip to the bookstore, even for the most reluctant of readers!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

Children of Exile
Rosi must decide what she’s willing to risk to save...

0.0 (0)
Teeth of the Gods
Chained to an enemy general. Determined to be free....

0.0 (0)
The Vampire Trick (Dark World: The Vampire Wish 3)
In a kingdom full of secrets, no one can...

0.0 (0)
I Am Alfonso Jones
Alfonso Jones can't wait to play the role of...

0.0 (0)
Unearthed
From the New York Times best-selling author duo Amie...

0.0 (0)
The Boyfriend Agreement
Fake boyfriends are hard work. When 16-year-old Bella’s dream...

0.0 (0)
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone
Eighteen-year-old twins Adina and Tovah have little in common...

0.0 (0)
Believarexic
Asking for help is only the first step. ...

0.0 (0)
Graveyard Shakes
Katia and Victoria are sisters and scholarship students at a...

0.0 (0)
This Tiny Perfect World
The big-hearted story of a small-town girl who discovers how...

0.0 (0)
The Last to Let Go
A twisted tragedy leaves Brooke and her siblings on their...

0.0 (0)
Pretty Dead Girls
Beautiful. Perfect. Dead. In the...

0.0 (0)
By a Charm and a Curse
A kiss is never just a kiss. ...

0.0 (0)
Naondel (The Red Abbey Chronicles #2)
Booklist called Maresi “utterly satisfying and completely different from standard...

0.0 (0)
Blood Water Paint
Her mother died when she was twelve, and suddenly Artemisia...

0.0 (0)
Chausiku Nightmare of the Clans Book One
There are six secret clans across the world–Africa (Sakombi clan),...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Many Waters

"The Murray twins take the spotlight for the first time in this book, which actually seems to be taking place..."
How Oscar Indigo Broke the Universe (and Put It Back Together Again)

"Oscar Indigo is a bad baseball player, but he’s a very good teammate. And he’s committed to his role of..."
Benjamin Franklin: You've Got Mail

"After the adventures in Benjamin Franklin: A Huge Pain in My A**, Ike is worried about a letter he has..."
The Mysterious Moonstone (Key Hunters #1)

"The KEY HUNTERS series kicks off with a mystery surrounding a stolen priceless diamond. The story opens with Cleo and..."
The Black Lotus: Shadow of the Ninja

"Ghost comes from the slums of Brazil, Cormac an orphanage in Ireland, and Kate is living on the streets in..."
Balto of the Blue Dawn (Magic Tree House #54)

"Jack and Annie are sent back to the Alaskan Territory in 1925, along with two kinds of magic powders: one..."
Flashback Four #1: The Lincoln Project

"Four children in Boston are approached by Pasture Company CEO, Chris Zandergoth to take part in an amazing opportunity. Using..."
Ranger in Time #2: Danger in Ancient Rome

"Ranger is watching soccer with Sadie and Luke when he notices his metal first aid box humming. As he was..."
Saving Lucas Biggs

ss
"I read this book for a bookclub, and if it wasn't for that, I would have stopped reading it almost..."
Saving Lucas Biggs

"Saving Lucas Biggs is one of my favorite summer reads this year. From the very first page, all I..."
Fortunately, the Milk

"What I Loved: Fortunately, the Milk is absolutely freaking adorable. Were it not by Neil Gaiman, I never would have..."
Mira's Diary  Home Sweet Rome

"This is a fun time travel series perfect for tween and younger readers. In the first book we're introduced..."
Fortunately, the Milk

"Being lactose intolerant, I’ve never gone gaga over anything focused on milk. Neil Gaiman’s “Fortunately, the Milk,” however, is the..."
The Wells Bequest (The Grimm Legacy #2)

"What I Loved: When a surprise package with The Wells Bequest showed up on my doorstep, I was actually super..."
Bad Unicorn

"My occasional urges to indulge my latent Brony-ness and watch “My Little Pony” have given me a solid knowledge that..."
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time

"Instead of heading home from their last adventure, the Tooting family ends up going back to the Jurassic period, where..."
Mira's Diary  Lost in Paris

"I really love this premise of a girl who finds out she's able to time travel in hopes of stopping..."
Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation (Jack Blank Adventure #1)

"Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation is basically awesomesauce. I mean, we have killer robots, superheroes, orphans, a secret island,..."
A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring #1)

"“History is broken, and we need your help to fix it.” With this appeal, Dak Smyth and Sera Froste are..."
A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring #1)

"In the near future, best friends and geeks Dak and Sera mess around in Dak's parent's labs and manage to..."