Characters 

Writing Style 

An Interesting Writing Technique And Twist Of Current Events

Reader reviewed by TheBookworm

An Interesting Writing Technique And Twist Of Current Events

Daylight Runner by Oisin McGann*
Release Date September 23, 2008
4 out of 5 stars

Sol Wheat is on the run. First his father disappears and is wanted for murder. Then he is interrogated like a criminal. Next he gets a hair cut, gets kidnapped, almost tortured, and gets saved by a stranger who says he owes Sols dad. Now the police, debt-collectors, AND the clock workers are chasing him. As more and more accidents occur in Ash Harbor Sol starts to question the Machine and its rumored protectors, the Clockworkers. Who are the Clockworkers? Who are commanding the Clockworkers? What do they want with Sols father? Are the Clockworkers really protecting the Machine, or just someones hidden agenda? First, Sol was being chased just because people wanted to know his fathers whereabouts. But now that Sol is a potential threat to the higher-ups, he is to be stopped&

Daylight Runner was an intriguing book with an unique writing style. This book is not only a sci-fi thriller (stated on its back cover), but a mystery. The style was different and stood out. Instead of the usual gain clues along your search and then have a big reveal ending, Daylight Runner began with one question that webbed into many questions that formed from one possible clue.

Sols personality, strength, innocence (in the beginning at least), and his driven need to find out the truth were the only reasons why Sol even learned of the Clockworkers and their plots. If he had not of had his perseverate spirit, the people around him probably would have kept him in the dark.

Many people today comment about Global Warming. I love the way the author went in the opposite direction with this book. Instead of Global Warming, this book is dealing with a enclosed concrete bubble that is protecting its inhabitants from the second Ice Age, a few centuries in Earths future.

Daylight Runners almost backwards scintillating mystery solving technique and ironic twist of current events made this book highly original and unique.

Date Reviewed: September 1st, 2008

*This book provided by HarperTeen First Look

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

The Leading Edge of Now
Just when Grace is beginning to get used to...

0.0 (0)
9 FROM NINE WORLDS
The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy...

0.0 (0)
I Do Not Trust You
Memphis "M" Engle is stubborn to a fault, graced...

0.0 (0)
RIPPED- a Jack the Ripper Time-Travel Thriller
When a museum trip turns funky, Katie Lennox is...

4.8 (5)
Queens (The Wielders of Arantha Book 2)
A cosmic game of chess is underway, and the...

0.0 (0)
Pride
Pride and Prejudice gets remixed in this smart, funny,...

0.0 (0)
The Story of B
The Story of B combines Daniel Quinn's provocative and visionary...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: Beauty and the Beast: A Modern Retelling
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Snow Queen: A Graphic Novel
Follow Gerda on an adventure to find her friend Kay,...

0.0 (0)
DARK TALES: THE CALL OF CTHULHU: A Graphic Novel
In this Dark Tale, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming... ...

0.0 (0)
Dark Tales: The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Graphic Novel
Eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be...

0.0 (0)
Time Jumpers: Escape from Egypt
This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line,...

0.0 (0)
NOTES FROM MY CAPTIVITY
Adrienne Cahill cares about three things: getting into a great...

0.0 (0)
#Murdertrending
@doctorfusionbebop: Some 17 y. o. chick named Dee Guerrera was...

0.0 (0)
Unstoppable Moses
Moses and his cousin Charlie were best friends, wisecracking pranksters,...

0.0 (0)
51HTvQF3B2L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Alien meets Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds in this thrilling...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Looking Glass

"THE LOOKING GLASS by Janet McNally is a young adult novel set in the highly competitive world of aspiring New..."
I Am Alfonso Jones

"Alfonso Jones is a bright teen who is excited to try out for Hamlet at his school. When he and..."
Made You Up

"“I don’t like it when your head breaks.” This book pulled me out of an awful reading slump during..."
Made You Up

"I was a bit nervous going into this book. The fact that it was so blatant that Regan was a..."
Rebels by Accident

"Fifteen-year-old Miriam hates being the only Egyptian in her school. She longs to fit in and not have to..."
Made You Up

"One thing I hate more than anything are stories that reinforce cliche and stereotypes on mental illness. Or worse,..."
This Is Now

"Once again, the Australian author card has been played and a well-crafted, delightful story has been created! (Seriously, Australians, dude,..."
This Is Now

"Now this was a great book! Thank you Netgalley and Harlequin Enterprises Australia for the opportunity to read and..."