Review Detail

Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Questionable at First - Entertaining at Last

Reader reviewed by Gabriel

As I had first been reading the book my mind was thinking, "What kind of dumb book is this?" But as you read the book and understand the point of veiw that was trying to be expressed, the book begins to make sense. At first it is talking about aliens, and I myself am NOT a science fiction reader. This was a large turn off in the book, but as I read further it became quite entertaining, and was enjoyable to read! It had a great plot, and had great details along the way. The ending was creative as well. I would recommend this book to other readers, except the age group whould be much lower. (Around 3rd and 4th graders.) I look forward to reading further in this series as a nice little 2 day book to fill in time. All in all, I am submitting a positive review, and I expect the same feeling from the other books to come from this series.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
Dorothy Vaughan, Mary Jackson, Katherine Johnson, and Christine Darden were...

0.0 (0)
Shaking Things Up: 14 Young Women Who Changed the World
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Pulitzer Prize-winning...

0.0 (0)
Begin a fantastic journey with our hero, the Warrior from...

0.0 (0)
Fairy Mom and Me
From the bestselling author of the Shopaholic series and the...

0.0 (0)
Picture Us in the Light
Danny Cheng has always known his parents have secrets. But...

0.0 (0)
Time Tracers
Twelve-year-old Taj Carter is on a high-stakes mission to track...

0.0 (0)
Screenshot
Skye's social media game is always on point. Until her...

0.0 (0)
Better Together (Heartwood Hotel, #3)
Spring has come to Fernwood Forest, and the Heartwood Hotel...

0.0 (0)
Sky in the Deep
A 2018 Most Anticipated Young Adult book that is...

5.0 (2)
Devils Unto Dust
Keep together. Keep your eyes open. Keep your wits...

0.0 (0)
All The Things We Lost
After her mother’s death, eighteen-year-old Katie finds herself in...

0.0 (0)
White Rabbit
Caleb Roehrig, author of Last Seen Leaving, delivers another...

0.0 (0)
The Worst Fairy Godmother Ever!
Q: What do you need to become a great fairy...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Aegis Default
Newly famous and burdened with responsibility, Ada Anand has to...

0.0 (0)
Ada: Solstice Volition
When Ada Anand is given a very special gift for...

0.0 (0)
Drum Roll, Please
Find the confidence to rock out to your own beat...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Whale Talk

" T.J. lives in a small conservative Northwest town where his mixed race heritage sets him apart. He was adopted..."
Loser's Bracket

"Annie is a high school senior who has a lot of family problems. Her bio mom, Nancy, lost custody some..."
Period 8

JenJen
"What I liked: The cover, it's tag line, "They told him it was safe. They lied." and the synopsis..."

"While reading Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes, I realized that I had read this novel before, when I was in..."
Deadline

"Reader reviewed by Krystina If you had one year to live, wouldnt you want to make the..."

"Reader reviewed by Nikki This was by far one of the best books that i have ever read in my..."

"Reader reviewed by Amy Ward I just finished the book Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher. The story..."
Deadline

"Reader reviewed by Dede Chris Crutcher is truly the best (in my opinion) writer for teenage boys, and hey girls..."
Ironman

"Reader reviewed by Dede Bo has an anger problem.  Most of this he attributes to an over-controlling father and..."

"Reader reviewed by Randi I literally cried for half this book. I honestly couldn't connect to what was going on..."
Deadline

"Reader reviewed by mearley Chris Crutcher certainly doesn't shy away from the tough issues. In this book alone, we have..."

"Reader reviewed by Alexa Running Loose by Chris Crutcher was honestly THE best book i have ever read. I'm 14,..."

"Reader reviewed by mearley TJ is a high school student dealing with racism and discrimination from his classmates. Trying..."

"Reader reviewed by Sunny Okay, well this book is about chubby Eric Calhoune. His best friend is a girl named..."
Deadline

"Reader reviewed by Kelsey Ben Wolf goes in for a routine physical at the beginning of his senior year. He..."

"Reader reviewed by Jon The Crazy Horse Electric Game written by Chris Crutcher is a wonderful inspiring..."

"Reader reviewed by Tim Shipkin I recently read Running Loose by Chris Crutcher. This story is about a..."

"Reader reviewed by BarlowScout This novel is so wonderful and refreshing, I find hard to put into words but Ill..."
Ironman

"Reader reviewed by Weasel This was an amazing book, the first of all his I read and I was instantly..."
Ironman

"Reader reviewed by #1 fan Wow! This book was just too long! The same thing kept happening over and over..."