Here are the top five reasons why I plunked my money down for HOUSE OF SECRETS by Ned Vizzini and Chris Columbus (in no particular order):
1) It's Chris Columbus for goodness sake. How could my Goonie-lovin' heart say no?
2) It's Ned Vizzini for goodness sake. A powerhouse of YA lit, he's one of our faves over here at YABC. And now he's delved into the world of middle grade? *grabby hands*
3) The blurb from J. K. Rowling: "A breakneck, jam-packed roller coaster of an adventure about the secret power of books, House of Secrets comes complete with three resourceful sibling heroes, a seriously creepy villainess, and barrel loads of fantasy and fear."
4) The main characters, three siblings, get sucked into a creepy author's stories — stories that come to life! Um... yes, please?
5) Look at the cover. Just look at it. Look at that creepy house. It begs to be explored.
While I wait, rather anxiously, for this to arrive at my doorstep, enjoy the trailer and order a copy of your own now! Then, yanno, we can chat about it. :)